BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season 2015/16 Discussion

Won't go again until venkys have gone

How convenient.

"We need an investment" is a term trotted out with regularity but very little thought by the supporters of most clubs. Might be a moot point and I'm not totally sure but I'd not be surprised to find that they have 'invested'* more money into BRFC than even Jack Walker did. They've just done it badly.

* replace 'invested' with 'sunk' for more accuracy.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

How convenient.

"We need an investment" is a term trotted out with regularity but very little thought by the supporters of most clubs. Might be a moot point and I'm not totally sure but I'd not be surprised to find that they have 'invested'* more money into BRFC than even Jack Walker did. They've just done it badly.

They've also put us into astronomically more debt than Jack ever did, which is more of an issue don't you think?

Interesting that Wolves today have announced they have sold just under 14000 season tickets for this season.

Wolves being the 'massive city club' that are many people's favourites for promotion. The likes of whom we will be unable to compete with ever again (according to some).

Yet at the last count Rovers had sold about 10500 season tickets, despite one of the worst summers on record, general misery among thousands of supporters, no communication from the owners or club and numerous other problems which have been discussed to death on this website.

Interesting that the differences between the two clubs amount to about 3500 season tickets.

You need to factor in the fact that they cost approx 50% more. Looking at this http://www.wolves.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets.aspx I'd estimate they will draw roughly twice what the Rovers will collect in ST sales ... and then there's refreshments and merchandise and corporate on top.

They've also put us into astronomically more debt than Jack ever did, which is more of an issue don't you think?

Indeed so.

Due to the lack of goals through the squad and the softness of the players in the tackle the season looks like being one big struggle.

What is it now 32 players in and rising. How many more before they get it right.

Unfortunately we will always be too poorly supported and cash strapped as a result to mount a serious promotion challenge. Just like in the 80's when we never quite managed to cross the line through lack of funds / selling our best players.

In fairness he got us to 8th. But c'mon blueblood you are over egging the pudding there. Our squad isn't within a million miles of the last promotion squad and even then we only finished second and shook Bolton off at virtually the last minute.

Championship football is much too random to make statements like that. Still much more about gathering that mythical momentum during a single season rather than filling your team with (and keeping) the biggest names available. Look at Bournemouth last season, would you have taken any of the players in their starting 11 over ours around this time last year?

Due to the lack of goals through the squad and the softness of the players in the tackle the season looks like being one big struggle.

What is it now 32 players in and rising. How many more before they get it right.

Dont worry we've just signed arguably the worst striker in history The Fonz

Championship football is much too random to make statements like that. Still much more about gathering that mythical momentum during a single season rather than filling your team with (and keeping) the biggest names available. Look at Bournemouth last season, would you have taken any of the players in their starting 11 over ours around this time last year?

Probably not. But I would have taken their manager and therein lies the problem.

How convenient.

Your support of Venkys insults everyone you chastise for hating the current regime.

I'm seriously beginning to think you maybe a plant, an insider, not a real fan, because in the history of BRFCS nobody has ever had so many epiphanys in such a short space of time as you :rock:

Like York said, players arent the problem, its the 'manager'

So let me see.... coax SAF out of retirement to manage our squad / let GB have the MU squad for the next season....... who do you think is more likely to be in the prem next season? Pretty obvious I'd suggest.

Oh.... and you aren't allowed to say 'both of them'.

Dont worry we've just signed arguably the worst striker in history The Fonz

Chris Brown?

Frank Lord? Jim Fryatt? Alan Gilliver? Jon Radford?

You kids know nowt.

Kevin Davies fat alkyl lazy turd

It was proved later many times over that that was not the case. Just bloody poor management on our behalf. Proper football manager Sam Allardyce transformed him. I still cannot believe that we traded him and Beattie for Egil offside Ostenstad. Not only that but Kevin Davies was about 10x better than Ashley Ward, Per Pederson and Nathan Blake combined.

Your support of Venkys insults everyone you chastise for hating the current regime.

I'm seriously beginning to think you maybe a plant, an insider, not a real fan, because in the history of BRFCS nobody has ever had so many epiphanys in such a short space of time as you :rock:

Just pointing out the other side of the coin ... assuming that the debt is on their shoulders.

Pretty obvious that most fans want expect a sugar daddy to subsidise their entertainment forever and a day, but putting money in does not necessarily grant success. We have seen so many spew it and only a few succeed. tf Jack Walker was one that did.

I applaud venkys committment (to date) but I certainly don't support their stupidity and inexperience in ownership.

just as an aside have you noticed that gormless little lad athlete automatically 'likes' every post criticising or disagreeing with me :wstu: ..... I'll be bloody glad when the school holidays are over. :lol:

It was proved later many times over that that was not the case. Just bloody poor management on our behalf. Proper football manager Sam Allardyce transformed him. I still cannot believe that we traded him and Beattie for Egil offside Ostenstad. Not only that but Kevin Davies was about 10x better than Ashley Ward, Per Pederson and Nathan Blake combined.

Not the case ? At rovers he was a fat alky useless turd . Rather drink on a Scouse park bench with mark Kennedy ( allegedly ) give me any of the above than Lard arse in a rovers shirt .

Not the case ? At rovers he was a fat alky useless turd . Rather drink on a Scouse park bench with mark Kennedy ( allegedly ) give me any of the above than Lard arse in a rovers shirt .

Very good player who was a failure at BRFC and became a king pin in the Bolton attack for many years. That is not an allegation that is a fact Abbey. Davies always had the ability to lead the line here for many years but we simply didn't exploit it.

Am I the only one to find it odd that you haven't blamed Jack Walker, Rob Coar or Roy Hodgson in this situation abbey? If one of the new signings has a poor season you'd be right on the front foot to lay all blame on GB, Shaw and the Venkys.

So let me see.... coax SAF out of retirement to manage our squad / let GB have the MU squad for the next season....... who do you think is more likely to be in the prem next season? Pretty obvious I'd suggest.

Oh.... and you aren't allowed to say 'both of them'.

Lol. Just seen this. The very idea that Bowyer would get the Man U squad promoted! He wouldn't know what to do with them, plus he'd still play Lowe and Hanley!

I'd sooner have SAF and stay under embargo. He'd certainly get us up. Absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Looks like we are getting a clearer idea of GB's preferred line-up for this season. Guessing it will be:

Raya

Henley Duffy Hanley Olsson

Guthrie Akpan

Barrow Marshall Conway

Rhodes

To me that's not a bad side but it has weaknesses at RB (I would give Nyambe a run), CB (Killa needs to be alongside Hanley) and in the hole. It takes a special player to play in that position and Marshall lacks key attributes to pull it off. Perhaps Koita could be given a shot here given we're well stocked on the flanks now?

Archived