BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon 2015

A heroic effort from Heather Watson, too bad she choked at the pivotal moment. Watson believes she can push on into the Top 20, while Serena Williams says she should be aiming for the Top 10. Speaks volumes about the attitude of both countries.

Wimbledon fortnight. The ideal time to take a foreign holiday to escape it all. No wonder Sky have not bought it and it remains all over the BBC.

Superb two weeks of civilised sport, marvellous.

A heroic effort from Heather Watson, too bad she choked at the pivotal moment. Watson believes she can push on into the Top 20, while Serena Williams says she should be aiming for the Top 10. Speaks volumes about the attitude of both countries.

Did look like she was playing Clubber Lang at times, Watson's serve was inconsistent but she starred in the rallies

Complete borefest of baseline slogging. I hate it.

You didn't watch Watson and Williams, or Brown and Nadal then, deary me.

I'm with you AS I love Wimbledon.

The next few weeks are great. Wimbledon 2nd week. Tour de France. The Open golf. Great TV.

Correct! I didn't watch any! Particularly when one of the Williams brothers is playing. I've been quite successful in avoiding the tennis up to now although it's not easy with it all over the BBC and them cancelling proper programmes to keep it on but I've done it. Thankfully THE OPEN is on soon so there will be something worth watching.

Correct! I didn't watch any! Particularly when one of the Williams brothers is playing. I've been quite successful in avoiding the tennis up to now although it's not easy with it all over the BBC and them cancelling proper programmes to keep it on but I've done it. Thankfully THE OPEN is on soon so there will be something worth watching.

Now golf, there's a cure for insomnia 😊

The greatest sport.

Where a player can play 5 plus hours one day and then repeat it again 24 hours later.

Great matches and I fully expect the second week to get better.

Serena Williams is an exceptionally talented player and aged 33 is putting others (who are younger) to shame with hee attitude and desire to win.

The greatest sport.

Where a player can play 5 plus hours one day and then repeat it again 24 hours later.

You must of course be talking about golf. The greatest sport in the world (maybe after football).

You must of course be talking about golf. The greatest sport in the world (maybe after football).

Is golf actually a sport? Bowls is more entertaining!

In all seriousness, each to their own. Golf is clearly popular but doesn't appeal to me on any level.

Good to see the Brits performing well. Shame about Heather Watson. She nearly had Williams there - not many tennis players can lay claim to that.

Federer will take the men's singles this year. Looks ruthless and faultless.

Good to see the Brits performing well. Shame about Heather Watson. She nearly had Williams there - not many tennis players can lay claim to that.

Federer will take the men's singles this year. Looks ruthless and faultless.

Federer is a master of beating the lower players. He will be knocked out in the semi finals.

Federer is a master of beating the lower players. He will be knocked out in the semi finals.

For years he was the master at beating everybody, bar Nadal in Paris.

He's on his way down now but I rate him as the finest player I've ever seen.

For years he was the master at beating everybody, bar Nadal in Paris.

He's on his way down now but I rate him as the finest player I've ever seen.

A great player, no doubt. Greatest? Look at his peak years 2004-2007. The era was a weak one. Nadal and Djoko were 20/21 near the end of 2007 so interesting to note what he has won since.

Rafa is the greatest I have seen IMO. Had he not had so many injuries he would be ahead in the slams stakes.

Murray is back to being Scottish then. I love a lot of sports but there's something about tennis that I just can't warm to perhaps because we've had no one decent for generations and the first one who comes along is a buffoon. I won't go as far as to say I hate Murray like some I speak to but I certainly don't like him but like him more than his mother

Archived