BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

couldn't agree more with the sentiment. But they aint going to leave their money in and then appoint others they don't know to run it - even if real Rovers people.

So if they walk tomorrow, what happens? Who would you/we want to come in??

If we are protesting we have to have an alternaitive?

That comes as a natural progression TBTF, if people see we want change they'll make themselves known, but we already know who some are, but they'll not show themselves until those idiots sod off.

Top man Gav. It's still there isnt it It's in your heart and it hurts.

You know what den, I don't mind admitting it, I felt emotional writing that intro, think it was hanging my lads shirt out that started all this.

It does hurt you’re right :tu:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I will still attend Ewood along with the other 8,000 diehards. It will not not stop me protesting against the people who destroyed my Club that I have supported for 50 years.

So season 2015/16 it is "Flook Off the Venky's". I expect the in ground protests to be a wee bit more subtle this coming season.

Dead easy. Did you attend Deadwood last season?

Season ticket holder for 25 years and I've never once heard any Blackburn fan call it Deadwood. Still ain't answered though.

Waggy- the debt we have now, the embargo, the league we are in and the talent drain is all down to the owners. The damage lizard lips did when we got relegated, purposeful pillaging of parachute payments. I can't see how anyone's prefer that to GB, whilst is still an over promoted coach- has intentions in the correct place.

I can't see how anyone's prefer that to GB, whilst is still an over promoted coach- has intentions in the correct place.

Are they, though? From what I can see, Bowyer is dancing to their tune like everyone else.

An excellent, impassioned post, Gav.

I'm genuinely not sure what we should do for the best. After last time I'm not sure if I have the appetite for being sneered at by those folks who are happy to swallow BS from the likes of Kean just because he has a Rovers emblem on his blazer pocket. "Just get behind the lads FFS" could well be part of the club's eulogy.

We really need people at the club in positions of power to stand up to them. A boardroom coup, a rogue director - how painfully ironic. Once they fall on their swords we need there to be no replacements, forcing Venkys into a corner. But as that will never happen, waiting it out until the taps are turned off may have to do.

0C5ED78E-84FF-4917-AD4E-23D631DC55F1.jpg

To start with I just want the owners put their egos aside and actually communicate with the fans.

matchday protests would just be counter productive as things stand, also remember we aren't in the prem anymore so protests would only get the absolute minimum coverage in the press, So I wouldn't be surprised if the venkys didn't even hear about it because you know full well the board members and manager here would be doing all they can to downplay any fan protests(or disgruntlements in general)

Are they, though? From what I can see, Bowyer is dancing to their tune like everyone else.

Toppers you're probably correct but that would be the same for anyone who will work for this ownership. GB has many pros/cons...but he's certainly not a "con" man. If he is, well working his way through academy to reserves was a very well planned and timed escapade.

Season ticket holder for 25 years and I've never once heard any Blackburn fan call it Deadwood. Still ain't answered though.

Waggy- the debt we have now, the embargo, the league we are in and the talent drain is all down to the owners. The damage lizard lips did when we got relegated, purposeful pillaging of parachute payments. I can't see how anyone's prefer that to GB, whilst is still an over promoted coach- has intentions in the correct place.

IT'S THE OWNERS THAT ARE THE PROBLEM NOT BOWYER!

That comes as a natural progression TBTF, if people see we want change they'll make themselves known, but we already know who some are, but they'll not show themselves until those idiots sod off.

You know what den, I don't mind admitting it, I felt emotional writing that intro, think it was hanging my lads shirt out that started all this.

It does hurt you’re right :tu:

I just get the impression even Venkys don't know what to do now and they probably think there is no way out. It just occurred to me that if there was credible opposition to them then they might just jump at the chance to leave. Or is it just wishful thinking on my part??/

I too want these lunatics gone but I cant work out in my mind what happens if they throw the keys back.Who comes in with the money and credibility to run it that we should all get behind? If it was a bunch of Malaysian businessmen for example how would we feel ??

We've got their emails , we've got their numbers ,

Someone said to me last week with 5 years coming around perhaps supporters can personally send their gratitude to the owners via these means ?

I'm pretty sure , they actually believe they are popular and have the support of 99% of match going fans .

Maybe there is an element of truth in this , I recall a game last season whey someone was singing they wanted venkys out in the Darwen End , he nearly caused a riot when a number of supporters told him , that he better shut his trap

I don't think it matters, I firmly believe that anyone is better than Venkys simply because they're running us into the ground, it can't get any better under Venkys tenure.

If we're on the brink, millions in debt, at least any potential owners will need a plan to take us forward, Venkys don't even have a plan.

We've got their emails , we've got their numbers ,

Someone said to me last week with 5 years coming around perhaps supporters can personally send their gratitude to the owners via these means ?

I'm pretty sure , they actually believe they are popular and have the support of 99% of match going fans .

Maybe there is an element of truth in this , I recall a game last season whey someone was singing they wanted venkys out in the Darwen End , he nearly caused a riot when a number of supporters told him , that he better shut his trap

Thing is Glen, I appreciate all your efforts, you put your life on hold to try and bring about change, even if you did make mistakes. Nobody writes a manual for trying to expose crooks, you're a credit to the football club and town as far as I'm concerned.

What I'm talking about here is a more 'covert' approach, they need exposing in the first instance, then the rest can follow.

Thing is Glen, I appreciate all your efforts, you put your life on hold to try and bring about change, even if you did make mistakes. Nobody writes a manual for trying to expose crooks, you're a credit to the football club and town as far as I'm concerned.

What I'm talking about here is a more 'covert' approach, they need exposing in the first instance, then the rest can follow.

That will take people talking on record who have signed NDAs , those that have signed them have made it perfectly clear that they are happy to take their money , bar one person who has said he would speak under oath providing it's a public enquiry .

He's a pretty good witness is fairness as he was present at much of what was going on , problem is , will Venkys just state "we never knew what was happening ?"

Little hint(and I don't mean this to sound condescending) But if its the "covert approach" you'd like to go for then your already failing mate :D

This is just spit balling son.

That will take people talking on record who have signed NDAs , those that have signed them have made it perfectly clear that they are happy to take their money , bar one person who has said he would speak under oath providing it's a public enquiry .

He's a pretty good witness is fairness as he was present at much of what was going on , problem is , will Venkys just state "we never knew what was happening ?"

factual information that gets people talking out in the public domain is where to start, it gets people angry and people onside.

Good starting point, the rest will follow naturally.

If there was a better owner wating to buy us I may agree to protest. But I don't think there is because the trust were trying to sell us for years with no takers.

I think in our current state we need venkys. That is not me saying they have been good - but I don't want ewood and brockhall sold and us become a pub team - which administration would risk. Dare I say we need venkys more than they need us - making them a necessary evil.

Protesting against them seems more risky now as I imagine with every year out of the premiership they lose a bit more interest in us and resent signing cheques even more. I think all fans can do is get to games, buy the shirts, and cheer on the boys.

I wouldn't berrate venkys if I saw them at Ewood - because they could kill our club.

If there was a better owner wating to buy us I may agree to protest. But I don't think there is because the trust were trying to sell us for years with no takers.

I think in our current state we need venkys. That is not me saying they have been good - but I don't want ewood and brockhall sold and us become a pub team - which administration would risk. Dare I say we need venkys more than they need us - making them a necessary evil.

Protesting against them seems more risky now as I imagine with every year out of the premiership they lose a bit more interest in us and resent signing cheques even more. I think all fans can do is get to games, buy the shirts, and cheer on the boys.

I wouldn't berrate venkys if I saw them at Ewood - because they could kill our club. even though they have killed the club

Not going to ask you to name him, Glen, but how do we organise a public enquiry? You would have though the current investigation into FIFA, and the Swiss links would be something to go at. Is there any value in the dossier being given to the FBI? As ridiculous as that sounds.

How do you know there isn't?

What if raising awareness of our plight attracted a new owner?

Many anti venky rants are based on them wanting rid of us, and yet the same people seem to think they are fending off interest from better owners. Doesn't add up to me.

Where were the better owners when we were a premiership team for sale for years?

I can't say for definite there isn't another potential owner. But it doesn't seem likely.

Not going to ask you to name him, Glen, but how do we organise a public enquiry? You would have though the current investigation into FIFA, and the Swiss links would be something to go at. Is there any value in the dossier being given to the FBI? As ridiculous as that sounds.

Without eye witnesses repeating things they have said in confidence , i personally think it's useless .

It makes no sense and actually needs people to stand there for a few hours and literally explain what they believe to be true based on snippets of information given by various people .

If it was easy , I'm certain it would already be out there . I posted pretty much the script last week on BRFCS , guess what ? No legal letter , but I wasn't expecting one either .

Many anti venky rants are based on them wanting rid of us, and yet the same people seem to think they are fending off interest from better owners. Doesn't add up to me.

Where were the better owners when we were a premiership team for sale for years?

I can't say for definite there isn't another potential owner. But it doesn't seem likely.

You give it 10 games into the new season and you might feel differently about it. But I respect your views on Venkys even if I find it bonkers you think they're the best option after 5yrs of sh1te.

Archived