BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look sheff wed have found buyers,clubs all the time find buyers,brockhall must be worth 50-100 million sell that

50 - 100 mill ? Even if it didn't have building restrictions on it that's just fantasy money.

On the club side of things if they busted Venkys London ltd and sorted their end in India with the bank then we are led to believe the external debt is 30/40 mill at present ? If so that's doable for some, plenty clubs have changed hands with that kind of debt. Yes it would have to be for about a quid and it would be a mess.

Thing is though do we want to remain a midtable champ club with their stranglehold keeping us afloat but stopping us ever going anywhere whilst people in the background still line their pockets using the club as an agents vehicle for moving around lesser players and a stepping stone for the odd better one's.

That will sooner or later see us in league 1 with crowds of 5k, do we want that with this shower or would it be better to get it over with, get rid of these bent goons and their associates as soon as and just take the hit. We'd still be in league 1 with 5k but the club would be normal again, just a smaller version than what it is unless of course the fans show some backbone and support it in numbers again.

We are going to end up there anyway so I'd take the hit now.

Brockhall is only worth cash if it has planning permission

That should not be a problem, precedent already set for building houses, the hedgehog's can have some new neighbours

margo grimshaw would get it,she had blackburns history knocked down for a few blue jobs

Margaret Grimshaw is skint

Can't be bothered reading the comments on this thread but in answer to Gav's opener. Venkys got us into this unholy mess and unless I am totally mistaken given our small club status, poor support and FFP it's only them that can get us out of it.

As I have said before when the boat is holed beneath the water and sinking why throw the only person with a bucket over the side?

Some good debate on here in the main, both for and against, which is where this sort of thing needs to start.

I completely disagree with Paul that such a movement needs a front man/woman, all I’m talking about here is 'upsetting the apple cart' getting a message out there that Venkys have/are destroying this football club, and dumbing it down season after season. This coming season looks like being the worst in recent history, we can’t complete in this league by selling out better players and replacing them with league 1 players and Venkys couldn’t care less either.

How long are we going to carry on watching the club slowly die in front of us? Hiding behind a perverted assumption that we need the very people killing the club?

The debt will be approaching 150m at the end of this season as I understand it, is that better than cutting the clubs losses now and getting rid of these idiots?

What would I do?

I’d start by getting the new local MP to take up the case, she’s got a point to prove, we need here help. They’ll not listen, but she can bring attention to the situation in the hope that with the FIFA debacle we can get some debate going.

As for other avenues, petition results in the Indian press, advertising space in Pune is cheap to buy and would bring attention to our plight on their doorstep

Just a few thoughts for a public forum :tu:

Getting rid? They will only go if the club can be sold.

Until then the club has to go on in whatever shape/form it takes. I suppose the alternative if they cant sell is to give it to the fans to run alongside the trust.

There isn't any point in protesting. There isn't any point in whingeing about the sale of TC, it was good common sense profit making business. It will be when RG is sold and is the blue print of the size of a club such as BRFC.

We have had the bad times, we have seen the good times, we have blazed all over Europe and had some serious success and then we fell on hard times again. Its time to rally, its time to try and be a little bit more positive as we strive for one last go at promotion. So instead of protesting how about BACKING THE CLUB from the off?

Yes, we need communication from the owners and yes we need some semblance of off the field management. But we are were we are and it is time to accept it. We cant do anything about it and moaning wont make it go away or any better.

I am not a venkys fan I am a supporter of BRFC. I have done the protesting, I have had my face along with Preston Blue plastered over the DM with our venkys out banner. That action didn't work, it failed and only served to make the owners resolve stronger.

Boycotting Ewood isn't the way ahead.

Instead, my view is this. The guys in the Trust need to address and approach the family with a new strategy, new business plan with alternative ideas. They need to work hand in hand, like SWANSEA have done to get us out of this mess and build a much better BRFC across the board.

It wont be easy and it will take time. It may well be costly to the club on the playing side BUT there has to be a way forward if the right people are at the focus of the ultimate goal.

So, as the season approaches LETS GET IT ON. #webelieve #rovers #promotion

Too many fans can't see the wood for the trees. There is only one outcome for a club that has been systemically mismanaged like us, and that's following the likes of Pompey & Coventry into the lower echelons of league football. Our only salvation was a quick return to the Premiership while the going was good, but due to one mediocre managerial appointment after another that ship has long since sailed. Now we're saddled with unserviceable debts and a transfer embargo. It's almost as if the club has been set up to fail as an excuse for downgrading things even further.

Venky's are footing the bills for now, though. So let's not try to rock the boat, otherwise we might REALLY be in trouble. :rolleyes:

Too many fans can't see the wood for the trees. There is only one outcome for a club that has been systemically mismanaged like us, and that's following the likes of Pompey & Coventry into the lower echelons of league football. Our only salvation was a quick return to the Premiership while the going was good, but due to one mediocre managerial appointment after another that ship has long since sailed. Now we're saddled with unserviceable debts and a transfer embargo. It's almost as if the club has been set up to fail as an excuse for downgrading things even further.

Venky's are footing the bills for now, though. So let's not try to rock the boat, otherwise we might REALLY be in trouble. :rolleyes:

Getting that toerag Shaw out would be a start.

Completely agree with this as every club that has trod a similar path to us has ended up the same way all the evidence is out there.

If we didn't have a 120m debt, soon to be 150m, 1864, I'd be happy to just see how things go. I'll be 110% behind Bowyer and the players from day one also, so let's not muddy the waters.

I've watched us through the bad times, doesn't bother me that, but some of the murmurings about finance, and silence about transfers have me worried.

Until then the club has to go on in whatever shape/form it takes. I suppose the alternative if they cant sell is to give it to the fans to run alongside the trust.

There isn't any point in protesting. There isn't any point in whingeing about the sale of TC, it was good common sense profit making business. It will be when RG is sold and is the blue print of the size of a club such as BRFC.

We have had the bad times, we have seen the good times, we have blazed all over Europe and had some serious success and then we fell on hard times again. Its time to rally, its time to try and be a little bit more positive as we strive for one last go at promotion. So instead of protesting how about BACKING THE CLUB from the off?

Yes, we need communication from the owners and yes we need some semblance of off the field management. But we are were we are and it is time to accept it. We cant do anything about it and moaning wont make it go away or any better.

I am not a venkys fan I am a supporter of BRFC. I have done the protesting, I have had my face along with Preston Blue plastered over the DM with our venkys out banner. That action didn't work, it failed and only served to make the owners resolve stronger.

Instead, my view is this. The guys in the Trust need to address and approach the family with a new strategy, new business plan with alternative ideas. They need to work hand in hand, like SWANSEA have done to get us out of this mess and build a much better BRFC across the board.

It wont be easy and it will take time. It may well be costly to the club on the playing side BUT there has to be a way forward if the right people are at the focus of the ultimate goal.

spoken like a man whose took the silver shilling or rupee

Gav, I dont think Cairney was sold without Bowyer's approval.

Where on Earth does that come from? Have you spoken to him since he said it was the owners who made the decision? It's posts like that that irritate people.

I know "It's your opinion".

Are you steaming wazza pal?

the structure at Ewood are for self preservation

This.

Don't rock the boat. Whilst Venkys are running their, and this is from memory, 53 or so company's, they are reliant on people at Ewood to run the club for them. At best, making an assumption, they'll spend one day in every 53 thinking about Blackburn Rovers.

So they rely on Derek Shaw and Alan Myers. Neither of whom are Rovers fans. Ones a big Evertonian the other was employed by Agnew and Kean, and signed off the Berg contract. He's also a Preston fan and part of Friend of Preston North End.

So we must hope that these chancers have the best interests of the club at heart. I don't see any evidence of that.

Why isn't Derek Shaw banging down the door at the FA to get us out of FFP? Have QPR paid their £53m five yet for breaking the rules last time? Have they heck. What does Derek do? I've no idea, he sure as hell doesn't tell us either.

This guy had to go, and people need to be found who will work for the betterment of the club.

Archived