BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've I missed something ? What happened to hedgehog ?

Squashed earlier today by admin.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/10388134.LMA_call_for_League__to_probe_Rovers_verdict/?ref=rc

This article is about the Berg case and details that IPS where drafted in and Brabners removed from representing Rovers, pretty obviously on the back of this letter.

Squashed earlier today by admin.http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/10388134.LMA_call_for_League__to_probe_Rovers_verdict/?ref=rc

This article is about the Berg case and details that IPS where drafted in and Brabners removed from representing Rovers, pretty obviously on the back of this letter.

Hedgehog was part of the case ? You've lost me lol

No its not Athlete, its a view and opinion that I chose to write.

There is some utter rubbish spouted on here and its getting pretty boring listening to whingers and moaners who refuse to accept the position the club finds itself in. We can blame anyone we like, we can either accept it for what it is or we can try and ignore it and flower it up in as many ways we can.

We are hamstrung by what has gone before, the club is bleeding dry of any funds through a course of mismanagement, incompetence, thievery and deception and there are a good few out there with blood of BRFC on their hands.

Make no bones about it, without the current owners the club would be bankrupt and out of business. The stock answer is that they still continue to feed a club that is slowly but surely dying on its feet.

it is not about blaming anyone it is quite simply trying to see if people can get behind what we have to try and achieve what is slowly becoming the impossible dream.

Jack Walker took this club and turned it on its feet to make it what it was. That work was undone by a mixture of unscrupulous people, hangers on and fwits and it now stands close to complete destruction. That is how I see it.

The message I am trying to get out is to GET 100% BEHIND the club right now and see if off the field positivity can transgress its way onto the pitch.

As Souness used to say, "WE WEE WITH THE WILLY WE HAVE GOT".

Get over it and get on with it

With the greatest of respect Roverite your post is so full of contradictions it's untrue.

You really do sound like you have had the fight kicked out of you,a piddling acceptance of what has been shockingly acted out on our club and fan base these last five torturous years of Rao tenure.

I will go as far as saying that if your point of view reflects that of the majority down Ewood these days then we are well and truly finished...dead and buried.

Nobody can ignore what is going on off the field of play Roverite,it's intrinsically linked with supporting this club...right here right now it appears we are knackered on all fronts.

This is worrying stuff.

You really are a cretin, the bit in bold applies to Shaw Shaw, not the relationship anyone had with anyone at the club or otherwise.

Hope you go the same way as hedgehog.

Please dont call me a cretin for no good reason, no idea what your refering to with hedghog and i thought it just went without saying that shaw can be a total incompetent(if not something a little more devious) but at that time everybody involved with the whole shaw/agnew/shebby/brag/venky/appleBergton lunacy was guilty of being highly unprofesional and even undignified at times.

Thats just my over all view of the time. No need for name calling.

People I am not wibbling nor am I wavering to defeat in the eyes of venkydom !

Quite simply all I am suggesting is that we try and put to the side the off field issues for the time being and try to be a bit positive.

I, despite some of the thoughts on here, are 100% against the owners, I am 100% BRFC and yes I hate everything that has been done to my club.

I have supported my town team for over 45 years, been there done that and worn the numerous t-shirts. I have seen us in the back of beyond and have celebrated at the top table with all of our successes. If some of the board members think that because I had a chin wag with DS and that I believe all is well, well I don't and I don't think for one minute he told me everything. So lets get that little issue out of the way.

I know and realise all too well the problems we face. I learned from Philip and many others about what was going on behind the scenes. I talked to GM and many many others, I walked on the protests and believe me, if I could have I would have done more.

Despite this, I am beginning to wonder how some will feel if we do lose Gestede, Rhodes, Marshall and anyone else to reasonable fees as the transfer deadline looms. One thing is for certain, if £15m comes in it doesn't get spent and we still don't get out of the embargo. In addition, the failure to rid the club of the 1 remaining parasitic player will also be a financial nightmare for the club.

I repeat, I know there is some major issues at play here, I know as well as others, it isn't going to be an easy ride and I accept totally that before the club recovers fully, it may well take another relegation, it may take a bankruptcy and points deduction to right us on our feet. Without sounding boring, this club still has players that can achieve promotion. Some may disagree and that's their prerogative. I am trying to remain as positive as I can and have suggested the same to others.

The MB is a place for opinion, divided or not. If you don't agree or care for what I had posted then ignore it. Please don't chalice me with taking a poisoned chalice, kissing the arses of the owners or licking DS's behind. The fact is, I know better than that, I know a hell of a lot of what happens behind the doors of Ewood, I know a lot more of what went before and what went on in the keanscum tenure. Its all out there it just needs piecing together and ultimately, 1 day the work of others will finally surface and only then can we as Rovers fan really understand what happened to this club.

No one needs to tell me about how great our Town team is or was. I was born and bred in Mill Hill and have lived and breathed the club over many years, I have seen good, bad, ugly and worse.

Some may feel we deserve better but from whom actually? Who is going to give us what we fans really deserve? One thing is certain, when the going was good the fans were there. When it got a little tough some filtered away and then came back. When it got really tough, fans left and never came back. So I ask again, which of us fans deserve better?

Who could we ever expect to give the fans a real explanation they deserve? The Walker family? The trust? John Williams ? Rob Coar?

There are many out there who bear some semblance of responsibility to us the fans YET we don't see them coming out and telling us about what really happened and filling in the huge blanks that still exist.

Again that is my view and opinion. I don't like it like many other fans but despite this, I renewed my season ticket and will put myself through all again next season.

I can agree with a lot your saying I also have renewed unlike a lot of others but thats there perogative , if I had to drive or use public transport I probably wouldnt of bothered for me it's something I've done for donkeys years..

but we cannot put the off field problems to oneside there is absolutely no positivity what so ever we really need shut of venkys it will be hard for a few seasons a la Pompey but something really has to give for the future of BRFC the most successful town club ever

Does calling another poster a "cretin" for no good reason not also count as being spikey.

Maybe you should report it to the mods then and get their opinion, instead of de-railing the thread in a he-said she-said bit of handbags, or alternatively just ignore it and move on?

Have you been abducted by aliens or am I getting you mixed up with someone else ( thought you sat with Preston Blue but may be mistaken )

If you are the same person this 100% about turn is quite worrying .

I've seen a few people speak with certain people at Ewood and come out like jelly before , only to 6 months , 12 months , 18 months , 2 years , 3 years and so on witness the same as I and other rovers supporters . The continued decline of our club , the continuation of others who do not give a hoot and a club run by the stench installed under Anderson's watch .

Don't get me wrong , some at Ewood can be convincing , some at Ewood are genuinely top people who do one hell of a job , but whilst people like Shaw remain at the helm then our club going one way .

PLEASE READ BELOW - if not removed I will start putting more things on here

Dear Shebby,

I thought I would send yourself and the owners a summary of the Judges verdict on our application to remove the admission of liability to pay Henning Berg a salary calculation over 2 1/2 years.

You will recall Derek Shaw and Brabners admitted liability for this sum without informing the owners. This can be evidenced by Derek Shaws conversation with Brabners which is on the file where it states she will not like this but will have to do it and ease it into her.

Our Application on 16th April 2013 was to attempt to remove / withdraw the admission of liability and go to a trial to hear this matter in full.

You will be aware from my previous notes that upon investigating this matter further and going through the witness statement with Derek Shaw that I did have deep reservations about this matter going to full trial as a result of feeling that Derek Shaw would not make a reliable witness as he seemed to be unsure of key events.

In short, the Judge today has dismissed our Application to withdraw the admission. As such, the admission by Derek Shaw and Brabners will stand and a further sum of monies (approximately £50k) will have to be paid to Henning Berg on to of the monies already paid.

The Judge found that:

1) He did not believe the evidence as submitted by Derek Shaw;

2) Derek Shaw had not told Henning Berg or his advisors that he did not have the authority to enter into that contract;

3) Derek Shaw removed the 12 month notification period from the contract and it was, he found, acceptable for Henning Berg and his advisors to rely upon Derek Shaws authority to bind the owners;

4) There was contradictory evidence before him (letters regarding the investigation viz a viz notification on the Clubs official website that their was no investigation);

5) The Club had neither suspended nor terminated Derek Shaws contract therefore: -

he did not believe the admission should be withdrawn and Judgment should be entered against the Club.

The situation the Club faces itself in is, in my opinion, wholly unfair and results from the removal of the twelve month notification period and the initial admission of liability. This factor is even more frustrating when you consider the point at calculation of the monies owed to Henning Berg under the contract is higher than the amount of money he would have earned if he had remained at the Club for the full duration. We must not forget that payment ought to have been made within a ridiculously short length of time of 28 days. This again is a mistake that had been made either by the MD or by Brabners Chaffe Street when drafting the contract.

Next Step

In my opinion the Club now have to consider the following:

1. The position of the MD;

2. Whether there are any legal grounds to pursue a claim for damages against Brabners; and

3. Protection for the owners at Boardroom level.

I am happy to advise briefly (and in more detail if requested) as follows:

a) The actions by the MD, either deliberately or by mistake which may constitute gross misconduct and as such suspension / termination are available by way of remedy to the Club immediately. In addition, contractually the Club has the right to pursue such damages against the MD. The owners must consider this matter.

B) Potentially, as a result of the advice that has been given by Brabners, and in some cases not given, could lead to a potential action against Brabners for damages. We should consider this in detail; and

c) Currently the owners do not appear to have any one of their representatives on the Board and as such, I am concerned that the owners are not protected at Boardroom level. Consideration should be given to (perhaps yourself) being appointed to the Board and therefore being in a position to carry out the owners wishes. In addition, the position of the MD could also be reviewed (please see my earlier point).

I have to say that for this situation to arise at MD level of a Plc is quite extraordinary and in my view in football is unprecedented.

I would strongly urge for an urgent review of the structure and corporate governance of the Club in order to avoid a repeat or confrontation between the Board and the owners, both of which would be highly damaging to the Club.

Undoubtedly the Club has received over the last few days some bad publicity as a result of the Henning Berg situation and may do so in tomorrows press. I would therefore expect that the fans and the press will expect the owners to act decisively on this matter.

I wish to reassure both yourselves and the owners from a legal point of view that everything that could be done was done.

In addition, the Club will also be liable for not only its own legal costs but those of the advisors to Henning Berg.

Should you wish to speak with me to discuss please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile

Kind regards

Yours sincerely

Chris Farnell

Partner

IPS Law LLP

(dictated not read)

David House

10-12 Cecil Road

Hale

Cheshire

WA15 9PA

DDT: +44 (0)161 830 4717

Fax: +44 (0)161 830 4711

Just so I am clear: is it the offical policy of the Trust for its Secretary to put such information in the public domain?

Just so I am clear: is it the offical policy of the Trust for its Secretary to put such information in the public domain?

Come on John, the site have been desperate for information regarding the goings on down at Ewood, Glens now posting snippets and he's getting grief for it :wacko:

No its not Athlete, its a view and opinion that I chose to write.

There is some utter rubbish spouted on here and its getting pretty boring listening to whingers and moaners who refuse to accept the position the club finds itself in. We can blame anyone we like, we can either accept it for what it is or we can try and ignore it and flower it up in as many ways we can.

We are hamstrung by what has gone before, the club is bleeding dry of any funds through a course of mismanagement, incompetence, thievery and deception and there are a good few out there with blood of BRFC on their hands.

Make no bones about it, without the current owners the club would be bankrupt and out of business. The stock answer is that they still continue to feed a club that is slowly but surely dying on its feet.

it is not about blaming anyone it is quite simply trying to see if people can get behind what we have to try and achieve what is slowly

becoming the impossible dream.

Jack Walker took this club and turned it on its feet to make it what it was. That work was undone by a mixture of unscrupulous people, hangers on and fwits and it now stands close to complete destruction. That is how I see it.

The message I am trying to get out is to GET 100% BEHIND the club right now and see if off the field positivity can transgress its way onto the pitch.

As Souness used to say, "WE WEE WITH THE WILLY WE HAVE GOT".

Get over it and get on with it

Stephan hedgehog was a poster who looks to have been banned today for being a bit "spiky"

No I saw him earlier, I don't think he has been banned, just suffering from a touch of prickly heat.

No I saw him earlier, I don't think he has been banned, just suffering from a touch of prickly heat.

Think I saw him earlier at the side of the M65 and he was definitely looking a bit flat to me ^_^

I assume Hedgehog was banned for being a dupe account of a previously banned member.

Again, this is one of those times when a ban list would be dead handy. These days the site appears to mirror the club, no one has a clue who's really running the show.

• Backroom

Re reg of a banned account which was ignored for a while to see how it went until he called another poster a retard.

Come on John, the site have been desperate for information regarding the goings on down at Ewood, Glens now posting snippets and he's getting grief for it :wacko:

I find it as interesting as you do. I'm just pointing out that the Secretary of the Trust posting as a private individual info that was given to BRAG may not be something that meets the approval of the Trust. Or maybe it does.

Re reg of a banned account which was ignored for a while to see how it went until he called another poster a retard.

Thats hardly a hanging offence and is blatant double standards, I think we all know who I'm referring to, but I'm not after a witch hunt, so will leave it alone.

I find it as interesting as you do. I'm just pointing out that the Secretary of the Trust posting as a private individual info that was given to BRAG may not be something that meets the approval of the Trust. Or maybe it does.

My thoughts , posts or opinion are just that , mine .

They are not representative of the trust or indeed linked to any other organisation .

I post using my personal account on here as I do on other social media platforms and will continue to do so as i see fit .

The day I give up my right to freedom of speech and expression is the day I die .

Anything the Rovers trust has to say will be done by the usual channels , via its website , press releases , Twitter and it's Facebook account .

This will usually come from the elected committee driven by the trust chairpersons .

My thoughts , posts or opinion are just that , mine .

They are not representative of the trust or indeed linked to any other organisation .

I post using my personal account on here as I do on other social media platforms and will continue to do so as i see fit .

The day I give up my right to freedom of speech and expression is the day I die .

Anything the Rovers trust has to say will be done by the usual channels , via its website , press releases , Twitter and it's Facebook account .

This will usually come from the elected committee driven by the trust chairpersons .

and your posts/opinions are very much appreciated by me-thanks Glen. All builds a better picture and helps us form an opinion representative of whats gone on etc.

If I had any details about the club good, bad or otherwise I'd release them without hesitation. Especially if it shows the shysters like Shaw, venkys even blasts from the past like jerome, Agnew, shabby et al for the scum they all are.

The venkys turn our club into an us vs them scenario more or less as soon as they got their grubby hands on the club and have never shown and interest in including the fans. So as far as shining a light on their anti transparent values goes keep them coming I say. People with nothing to hide have nothing to fear.

One day I hope to read this much fabled dossier which claims to lift the lid on all sorts of dealings which will show the footballing world just what our owners are all about. Not that anyone other than the fans will care.

World War Two, a few weeks prior to the D Day landing.

For the Allies, read Rovers fans.

For the Germans, read Venky's.

The Rovers fans, " should we? no, we shouldn't. Can we? no, we'll never get across, the water's too deep. Go on, let's have a do! No, they'll whip our arses. Anyway, it's nice and cozy on this side, let's just leave them alone! Aye, I think you're right.....

Fast forward 70 years. The whole of Europe speaks German including the UK and evil prevails.

Another scenario, for the Allies read Blackpool, Burnley, Millwall, West Brom, Birmingham, Bolton, West Ham and a whole host of other fans.... "FOLLOW ME.........."

Archived