BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What beats me Gav, is that we are paying these wages - which in theory suggests higher calibre players - and yet it's not given us an edge during the last two years.

Manager and inconsistency Stuart.

Rhodes/Gestede should be firing us to the Premiership, brilliant goal scorers but backed up by a defence that can't defend and a midfield that can't get up and down the pitch.

We have 4 or 5 quality players but the rest are not very good and that's the reason as far as I see it.

Wrecking games of football is good thing?

It's not helping their new manager to get players fit, team formation or helping him attract players to the club.

I understand why they are protesting against Oyston's family but I just dont they helping their manager and players by doing it during games.

Bet you weren't going games pre sky.. God how I despise the new breed of football fans

• Backroom

Yeah Chaddy why were you born in the mid 80's and not earlier?

I am also in that generation (born in 84 started going around 90) and I have to say I'm somewhere in the middle on this one, fair play they are taking a stand but I also think it could end up making things worse. It won't make Oyston think different but this kind of thing if they do it game on game could impact the team and fellow fans.

Will be interesting to see the outcome without any investment in it

Bet you weren't going games pre sky.. God how I despise the new breed of football fans

Born 1985 and my first game in 1993.

But yet again I dont see why you get personal or why I . But if you have a different view then certain members then it always end up with those comments like despise, etc.

But yet again I dont see why you get personal or why I . But if you have a different view then certain members then it always end up with those comments like despise, etc.

Not on thread but what was your first ever game Chaddy? I can't forget mine which was 30 years earlier!

Wrecking games of football is good thing?

It's not helping their new manager to get players fit, team formation or helping him attract players to the club.

I understand why they are protesting against Oyston's family but I just dont they helping their manager and players by doing it during games.

I respect your view and agree that this is something that runs against every instinct as a football fan but I do think that if more had been done in the early days we wouldn't be in the pickle we are in now.

Not on thread but what was your first ever game Chaddy? I can't forget mine which was 30 years earlier!

I was born 1990 and have been going to Rovers since I was a few months old. Then got a season ticket when I was old enough (4 or 5 I imagine).

Couldn't tell you my first game!

My first game was in 1948. I haven't a clue who we played but I remember that Bill Eckersley was playing. I still think that he was the best full back we ever had and we have had some good 'uns including Keith Newton.

Not being personal to you it's an opinion that when sky came along so did a new breed of fan with no backbone

Fair play to Blackpool fans for making a stand

my first game was on 21st August 1993. first leg of the second round of the league cup. we won 1 nil against Bournemouth

Not being personal to you it's an opinion that when sky came along so did a new breed of fan with no backbone

Fair play to Blackpool fans for making a stand

new breed of fan with no backbone?

My view is different to yours on Blackpool fans disrupting games.

On Sky issue? I am very happy with Sky coverage of sport. allow me to watch loads of Football(PL, FL and Spanish), Cricket and F1.

I can't remember first game will have to ask me dad but one of earliest I remember is;

Remember Rippers playing for the other team and practicing over head kicks on my bed after

Archived