BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

If the clubs sold Iceman, the next owner will need to pay of 80m+ in debts or Venkys would have to right it off.

Both of those scenarios seem far fetched to me.

If they stay, they will have to write it off as well

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the clubs sold Iceman, the next owner will need to pay of 80m+ in debts or Venkys would have to right it off.

Both of those scenarios seem far fetched to me.

The debt is probably more like 100m now, whilst its a massive amount of money, its serviceable at the current level, but it may mean administration and league 1 – I’d take that now as we’re heading that way anyway.

With the debt increasing by the day, once it gets to 150m or 200m its not serviceable and the club could possibly fold.

Mid table/bottom half of championship with debt building or Venkys out and administration.

Time is ticking.

The debt is probably more like 100m now, whilst its a massive amount of money, its serviceable at the current level, but it may mean administration and league 1 – I’d take that now as we’re heading that way anyway.

With the debt increasing by the day, once it gets to 150m or 200m its not serviceable and the club could possibly fold.

Mid table/bottom half of championship with debt building or Venkys out and administration.

Time is ticking.

It does sound like a death spiral.

1. Venkys want to save money - cut back on players wages

2. New players, although cheaper aren't as good - lower league position.

3. Lower league position - less gates

4.Less gates - less money

5. Less money - need to save

6. Need to save - back to point one and so on.

Is a silver lining regarding administration the fact that most of the creditors are Venkys and greedy players?

Why, what's stopping them just leaving it that way until a time the club can afford to start repayments?

It'll keep increasing that's why so maybe the only way out would be to cut their losses. They did however say it was a long term thing but it will take the next 100 years for them to bleed that back out of the club from a successful player conveyer belt if they're lucky :blink:

Blackpool fans invaded the pitch again today in the friendly at Lancaster, around 20 or say went on to the pitch after 75mins and the game was stopped.

I think its a great move by the fans, keep the pressure on, its the clubs future at stake and thats all that counts. The players, manager and owner will come and go, but the club HAS to survive.

Blackpool are on a firm financial footing, so whilst the fans want the owners out they're nowhere near in as dire a situation as we find ourselves in.

The clock is ticking.

I agree Shaun. It's not the time.

Like I said in another thread, I think Blackpool fans need to think of alternative ways- trying to open a dialogue is the priority for me. I think Oyston would sell also if someone could find an alternative proposition.

Disrupting the football is just going to hasten their demise IMO

5 games can change things very quickly, and the next 5 games again.

I think you see the gravitas of the situation fully - teetering would be a good way to describe the financial situation, the past mismanagement also leaves a shadow over newer appointments hence the paranoia on Johnson, Kinder etc.

Taking this into account, the thought process for me is different looking at the future. I stil think (as a gambling man) if I had money to bet - I'd put it on GB to get us promoted before a replacement achieving the same.

I know people will say "let's just sleepwalk into oblivion then" etc but surely getting into the grounds, cheering the players on and singing some songs - even ironic, sarcastic etc. will give a better chance for us to do well.

I agree with parson in a way that we seem so nervous at home. It's also considered by me and probably most that this can be a result of tactical issues which translate into nervous support.

Abbey will be testament to my first game in the BBE in years (albeit in the box) where I saw first hand the difference the last 5 years have made to the once vocal fans in that end m. We know who is ultimately to blame for that, and you can't blame the supporters.

Some good debate on here in the main, both for and against, which is where this sort of thing needs to start.

I completely disagree with Paul that such a movement needs a front man/woman, all Im talking about here is 'upsetting the apple cart' getting a message out there that Venkys have/are destroying this football club, and dumbing it down season after season. This coming season looks like being the worst in recent history, we cant complete in this league by selling out better players and replacing them with league 1 players and Venkys couldnt care less either.

How long are we going to carry on watching the club slowly die in front of us? Hiding behind a perverted assumption that we need the very people killing the club?

The debt will be approaching 150m at the end of this season as I understand it, is that better than cutting the clubs losses now and getting rid of these idiots?

What would I do?

Id start by getting the new local MP to take up the case, shes got a point to prove, we need here help. Theyll not listen, but she can bring attention to the situation in the hope that with the FIFA debacle we can get some debate going.

As for other avenues, petition results in the Indian press, advertising space in Pune is cheap to buy and would bring attention to our plight on their doorstep

Just a few thoughts for a public forum :tu:

There are plenty of people with ideas, lots of "what we need is / I would like to see" posts, many varied opinions expressed here and elsewhere. There must be some sound ideas amongst all of these. You've expressed some above. Have you contacted Kate Hollern yet? That is a question not a criticism.

My question is this. If such a movement does not require leadership how can it be effective and begin to act on ideas? I would hope, but be very surprised if it's the case, that people posting ideas here - and it's been discussed for years - are also contacting whoever they deem appropriate to help push the Raos out.

Recent history tends to indicate relatively few people actually get involved. A low percentage marched in protest, BRAG is/was run by a small active group, Rovers Trust equally so.

It would be my guess there are at best 100, probably far fewer, fans who are prepared to actively get involved which is why leadership of some form is required.

To emphasise the point at the first Rovers Trust committee elections one new candidate stood for election. As I recall none at the most recent elections.

Without leadership nothing happens.

• Moderation Lead

Think of the negative PR and brand damage generated by the pitch invasions. It would definitely have the FA & Sky Sports getting hot under the collar. A minority of fans peacefully protesting, however, was easily swept aside.

Sky Sports, which has load of JA's clients on their books? That was the problem first time around, Charlie Nicholas, Paul Merson and others on his books, not difficult for JA to have a word with his clients when Rovers get brought up 'just hammer 'em Merse'....

5 games can change things very quickly, and the next 5 games again.

I think you see the gravitas of the situation fully - teetering would be a good way to describe the financial situation, the past mismanagement also leaves a shadow over newer appointments hence the paranoia on Johnson, Kinder etc.

Taking this into account, the thought process for me is different looking at the future. I stil think (as a gambling man) if I had money to bet - I'd put it on GB to get us promoted before a replacement achieving the same.

I know people will say "let's just sleepwalk into oblivion then" etc but surely getting into the grounds, cheering the players on and singing some songs - even ironic, sarcastic etc. will give a better chance for us to do well.

I agree with parson in a way that we seem so nervous at home. It's also considered by me and probably most that this can be a result of tactical issues which translate into nervous support.

Abbey will be testament to my first game in the BBE in years (albeit in the box) where I saw first hand the difference the last 5 years have made to the once vocal fans in that end m. We know who is ultimately to blame for that, and you can't blame the supporters.

You do like my little phrases, don't you. :)

It's funny though the contradiction in those trying to take the positives (as Kean used to call them).

In my view, a positive step would be to replace Bowyer with a bona fide manager and kick on with the squad we have plus some astute loans/freebies. Venkys are seen as being hijacked, hoodwinked and hamstrung so it shouldn't be beyond us to think that their manager of choice would be agenda free and capable. This is seen as being negative.

In your view, any replacement would inevitably be someone even worse, suggesting that Venkys remain committed to not improving our club aside from stability in League One. The inference being that Bowyer is the best that we an ever hope for (even though he's Venkys man - albeit by default) and somehow this will help us to keep this club together in its current guise (with or without promotion - the viability of both futures being debated in themselves). Yet this is seen as being positive despite being a hugely depressing outlook when you think about it.

And anyone who wants rid of Venkys is foolish and wants to see the destruction of BRFC? (Gordon's view)

If Venkys are good for our club, we have to believe they will make the right decisions. If they are not then the longer they are here the worse it's going to get. Talk about Hobson's Choice!

:wacko:

• Moderation Lead

You're pretty much bang on there Stuart, but I think JBizzle's point is the likelihood of Venky's appointing someone better given their track record.....

You're pretty much bang on there Stuart, but I think JBizzle's point is the likelihood of Venky's appointing someone better given their track record.....

Exactly one of the points I was making to illustrate the contradiction, K-Hod.

Venkys' don't have a true track record (of their own) - in which case there is nothing to say they won't choose better.

Or.

Everything that has happened at Rovers since they took over is their responsibility. In which case we need to purge them before it gets any worse.

But it can't be both.

Fair play to Blackpool fans IMO. Taking direct action to make their point. We should have been doing that 4 years ago and certainly should be doing it now.

Wrecking games of football is good thing?

It's not helping their new manager to get players fit, team formation or helping him attract players to the club.

I understand why they are protesting against Oyston's family but I just dont they helping their manager and players by doing it during games.

Wrecking games of football is good thing?

It's not helping their new manager to get players fit, team formation or helping him attract players to the club

I take it then Chaddy , that you think the Blackpool fans should happy clap and pretend everything in the garden is rosy then ?

We are in a far worse position than Blackpool , amazingly some of our own fans happy clap the Venkys !

Don't they already have that Russian or whatever guy behind them who already owns a stake in Blackpool. They seem to have come up with the cash pretty easily. In our case I wonder if anyone has actually tried to offer a decent sum to Venkys in the past or even if we could even find someone with enough cash prepared to do so ?

What would it take for you chaddy as a supporter to protest ?

If they sell another player or two and we end up scratching around near the bottom of the division for a few months he'll turn. As will a lot more.

Archived