BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are plenty of people with ideas, lots of "what we need is / I would like to see" posts, many varied opinions expressed here and elsewhere. There must be some sound ideas amongst all of these. You've expressed some above. Have you contacted Kate Hollern yet? That is a question not a criticism.

My question is this. If such a movement does not require leadership how can it be effective and begin to act on ideas? I would hope, but be very surprised if it's the case, that people posting ideas here - and it's been discussed for years - are also contacting whoever they deem appropriate to help push the Raos out.

Recent history tends to indicate relatively few people actually get involved. A low percentage marched in protest, BRAG is/was run by a small active group, Rovers Trust equally so.

It would be my guess there are at best 100, probably far fewer, fans who are prepared to actively get involved which is why leadership of some form is required.

To emphasise the point at the first Rovers Trust committee elections one new candidate stood for election. As I recall none at the most recent elections.

Without leadership nothing happens.

As always you make some very valid points but I feel that as a fan base we must put pressure on the board room and owners, make things uncomfortable for them and most importantly let those 3 stooges in Pune know that things are not going swimmingly here in Blackburn.

I don't believe that you have to have a committee and leadership at this stage, that muddied the waters last time and switched people off, no doubt about that.

A natural progression from initial protests will be for people to step forward, potential buyers to make themselves known, it doesn't have to be in place from the outset.

Writing to Kate Hollern was an idea, this thread is about ideas and a place to vent frustrations. I prefer direct action more than the power of the pen.

100 Bpool fans have the right idea, going to be interesting to see how that plays out. Even if they force Oyston out, I doubt our fan base have the balls to do the same even though the clubs on its knees.

If they sell another player or two and we end up scratching around near the bottom of the division for a few months he'll turn. As will a lot more.

Then we win two games and he hails bowyer and venkys as the messiahs

Sky Sports, which has load of JA's clients on their books? That was the problem first time around, Charlie Nicholas, Paul Merson and others on his books, not difficult for JA to have a word with his clients when Rovers get brought up 'just hammer 'em Merse'....

This would be far beyond the cretins on Soccer Saturday. Games are getting cancelled, sponsors are losing money. No doubt we'd get slated by certain corners of the press, but it would also make a lot of people sit up and take notice of our situation. What is compelling a fan base not generally known for its hardcore behaviour resorting to such extreme measures?

Who gives a toss what those drunks on soccer Saturday think? Or that **** Anderson?

It's about the supporters of Blackburn Rovers, the future of the football club.

Whilst people continue to come up with reasons not to act, the debt is growing, the dumbing down of the side continues and the clubs situation becomes even more precarious.

I remember Merson laying into Kean on soccer Saturday a couple of times. Quite heavily when we blew the lead away at Norwich after his silly subs. He must have been reeled in because that all stopped then pretty soon he was slagging the fans at every opportunity. Just goes to show the length of Andersons tenticals, oh and some of the dumb desperate mercenaries on Sky.

I have no respect for them either, believe me. However, despite their garish, tasteless, neanderthal musings, their Anderson/ on message comments did actually influence people last time....Yes, I weep for humanity! I still fume to think of Merson's comments about "Fatty" etc

A organised protest would need its own media person plus a proper strategy to manage this, that's all. Maybe naming the Thief of Barnet's( congrats to the previous poster, who coined that!) connections, citing his staged interview/crocodile tears on Sky etc.

I guess a good opportunity might arise around The Thief of Barnet's appearance in court...

.On another note, I am sorely tempted to stand outside with a banner. And just in case "Merse" is not too drunk to watch the news, I'd have to wear a suit ...and look thin, as well!

Blackpool fans invaded the pitch again today in the friendly at Lancaster, around 20 or say went on to the pitch after 75mins and the game was stopped.

I think its a great move by the fans, keep the pressure on, its the clubs future at stake and thats all that counts. The players, manager and owner will come and go, but the club HAS to survive.

Blackpool are on a firm financial footing, so whilst the fans want the owners out they're nowhere near in as dire a situation as we find ourselves in.

The clock is ticking.

A great idea Gav? Come on mate where s your common sense approach? The harm they are doing the club is massive. Ruining pre season matches isn't going to help the team it will prove to be costly on the pitch, it will also stop potential players coming to the club and overall it harms any prospects of instant promotion meaning more financial issues at the club.

Its a stupid thing to do and has been done by idiots who are not forward thinking at all in the their protests to get rind of the oyston clan

A great idea Gav? Come on mate where s your common sense approach? The harm they are doing the club is massive. Ruining pre season matches isn't going to help the team it will prove to be costly on the pitch, it will also stop potential players coming to the club and overall it harms any prospects of instant promotion meaning more financial issues at the club.

Its a stupid thing to do and has been done by idiots who are not forward thinking at all in the their protests to get rind of the oyston clan

Those fans can see that Oyston is running that club into the ground, bit like I can see Venkys are doing the same, but our situation is far more desperate with the increasing debt.

If it means players not coming here (we're shopping for rubbish anyway), a poor pre-season, fines for the club, even relegation to league 1, I’d take all those if Venkys left the club, because the longer this goes on the more likely we won't have a club 1864.

I remember Merson laying into Kean on soccer Saturday a couple of times. Quite heavily when we blew the lead away at Norwich after his silly subs. He must have been reeled in because that all stopped then pretty soon he was slagging the fans at every opportunity. Just goes to show the length of Andersons tenticals, oh and some of the dumb desperate mercenaries on Sky.

Only one i respect on SSN is Merse.

Wrecking games of football is good thing?

It's not helping their new manager to get players fit, team formation or helping him attract players to the club.

I understand why they are protesting against Oyston's family but I just dont they helping their manager and players by doing it during games.

That is precisely what we were accused of during the Kean era Chaddy.

Whatever the rights or wrongs are I can't help but think if the Blackpool protests continue to disrupt games then the Club will be hammered by the FL, closed doors at home games and no Blackpool fans at away games perhaps if this carries on. That will do no one any good.

Having said that I wish Blackpool fans all the best in their new Owner quest - are you interested in a super rich Indian family?

He has to keep his paymasters happy I suppose but he definitely used to tell it like it was in regards to Kean then he did a massive u turn. I'd love to know what he really thought.

Really or are you on a wind up .

Druggy alky gambling rivers hating scumbag

Indeed. An oily smug conceited cliche riddled cretin of the highest over. He epitomises everything that is wrong with Sky. Over promoted above his talent, there for who he knows and not what he does. This is also the clown who voted Bergkamp into the greatest sky "premier league XI" ahead of Alan Shearer.

But the real thing is what he said about Rovers fans when Kean was taking us down. Nothing but ridicule. Saying we should get behind the team. Then Wenger loses a couple of games and all of a sudden it's ok for Arsenal fans to protest. What a tosser.

• Backroom

Those fans can see that Oyston is running that club into the ground, bit like I can see Venkys are doing the same, but our situation is far more desperate with the increasing debt.

If it means players not coming here (we're shopping for rubbish anyway), a poor pre-season, fines for the club, even relegation to league 1, Id take all those if Venkys left the club, because the longer this goes on the more likely we won't have a club 1864.

Genuine question as the money side of it leaves me baffled but is the debt still rising?

It seems to me that we have shed the high earners and bringing some cash in from the likes of Cairney.

The quality may dip for a good while but I can't see how the spiral of debt will continue, hopefully we will be on a level playing field and be able to build again soon enough.

Genuine question as the money side of it leaves me baffled but is the debt still rising?

It seems to me that we have shed the high earners and bringing some cash in from the likes of Cairney.

The quality may dip for a good while but I can't see how the spiral of debt will continue, hopefully we will be on a level playing field and be able to build again soon enough.

It was widely believed that last season we lost around £1m a month, nobody can verify that of course but with player wages far out weighing income surely it stands to reason, even if most high earners have left.

Also what about the current debt and repayments on that?

I'm no financial expert but it seems to me we are a million miles away from being on a level playing field, but I could be wrong.

Anyone?

The losses during the 2016- 2017 season are allowed to be greater than that during the 2014-2015 and this season , im sure I read somewhere ?

Plus owners can put more money in than they were allowed last season to increase the losses allowed.

The rules have changed , so with us getting rid of some players , drawing in some transfer fees , sell on fees etc. we surely can't be that far away .

Let's also remember some bright spark decided to pay up loads of contracts during the last 18 months , which put a massive noose around our necks . Not only did we pay them , but we also paid their replacements .

New rules

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29940463

Archived