BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

You carry on sitting on your hands, playing both sides of the argument on a messagboard Jbizzle, this is serious stuff and needs people willing to stand up and be counted of which you're not one.

No disrespect intended, plenty of people won't be willing to stand up and be counted, you're not alone.

I've paid for my ticket Gav, that's standing up and bring counted as a supporter of a football team that plays on a field in Blackburn.

Like I said, if you want to protest, plan it and target it correctly. I'm going to disagree with you if you think actively stopping games is going to benefit us in anyway going forward, short term or long term.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've paid for my ticket Gav, that's standing up and bring counted as a supporter of a football team that plays on a field in Blackburn.

Like I said, if you want to protest, plan it and target it correctly. I'm going to disagree with you if you think actively stopping games is going to benefit us in anyway going forward, short term or long term.

I never said I'd stop a game, I don't condone such actions :tu: , but something needs to happen, Venkys need to get the message that the fans want them out, I think they need a bit of a push and they'll go.

I simply cannot understand how people are still happy to sit back and just carry on, not aimed at you in particular Jbizzle, these idiots have destroyed lives, destroyed businesses and now trying to destroy the football club as much as possible before they leave the scene.

Whats is going to take to get people angry?

People are angry. I think the difference is some see that there probably is no solution within their effect. None of us has silly money or connections with that type of person.

I don't see how it can be fixed by anyone other than someone of the John Williams ilk. Shouting and screaming will not reach Pune.

I'm not saying I, or others don't want and end or a solution to this mess- I just don't think there is one we could impact.

For example- people say force them out the club through bad press- just how on earth would you do that? Or cause point deductions from crowd stopping games - is that going to guarantee anything other than a loss of points?

Abbey - the Blackburn end is depressingly quiet, how poignant that you'd bring that back up now to have a dig.

Gav, are you planning something?

I fully support the idea of protests. If only there had been more of us back in 2011. Sadly the heart of the Blackburn public was never in it, Lord knows why not...

No I'm not planning anything, planned protests didn't work last time, being nice, telling the authorities what's happening, all very prawn sandwich and complete ineffective.

I hope fans will react accordingly once the season starts, especially if we start to struggle, which seems nailed on if you ask me. Unplanned protests are the way to go, I just hope fans get angry, it's long overdue.

What happened to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZfltyzZD_U

This has been the key point all along. Invading the pitch and then kicking in the boardroom windows didn't work in the '70s when the board were local blokes sat in the boardroom, so it most certainly won't work now. Expressing anger is therapy, not strategy.

It's brains, not brawn, that has the only chance, combined with intelligence gathering. They can't be forced out by anything that happens at the ground, so on what terms would they ever consider leaving? I'd put in a tenner to help pay for that ex-mayor to go out there again as he seems to be the only person who cares and would be seen as having no possible financial interest who has the ability to open a dialogue and find out. Then a plan can be formed.

People are angry. I think the difference is some see that there probably is no solution within their effect. None of us has silly money or connections with that type of person.

I don't see how it can be fixed by anyone other than someone of the John Williams ilk. Shouting and screaming will not reach Pune.

I'm not saying I, or others don't want and end or a solution to this mess- I just don't think there is one we could impact.

For example- people say force them out the club through bad press- just how on earth would you do that? Or cause point deductions from crowd stopping games - is that going to guarantee anything other than a loss of points?

Abbey - the Blackburn end is depressingly quiet, how poignant that you'd bring that back up now to have a dig.

It is quiet yes .. Everyone's is fed up to there guts with what's happened & still happening . The stuffings been knocked out of everyone ? Are you that stupid you don't see it .

I really have no right to tell people to protest, but genuine question. If things go pear shape, with Rhodes and Gestede gone. Will there be one, or will the fans accept things as it is in the hope the clowns leave?

Funny bunch Rovers fans at Ewood, people try and tell them what to do and they won't even if you put a rocket up them. Then out of the blue they blow but it usually takes things going wrong on the pitch first rather than anything else. Sadly it often starts with the players getting barracked first and fans scrapping with each other. That's why the need for something organised that's put out there and people are aware of just why. Then it can be directed where it's supposed to be and no one in the wider press is in any doubt about the fans feelings towards the owners.

That's why the need for something organised that's put out there and people are aware of just why. Then it can be directed where it's supposed to be and no one in the wider press is in any doubt about the fans feelings towards the owners.

A proper spokesman for all fans like JW or king Kenny. Someone who COULD get our thoughts directly to Mrs desai

A proper spokesman for all fans like JW or king Kenny. Someone who COULD get our thoughts directly to Mrs desai

Agree although I think it would take the Queen herself to speak up for us before this lot would take any notice.

Venkys will never get my support, they have destroyed an established thriving premier league club in just 5 years, all the hard work that the likes of Williams put in undone because of sheer ignorance, arrogance and stupidity, too much water has gone under the bridge and I would say they are probably the worst owners in English football.

Will nobody high profile who cares about the club come forth and fight our corner.

Where are you?

Even the LET,our local rag,won't ask the questions that matter...spineless.

We ain't in the Prem anymore so there is no nationwide glare for them to stand on their soapbox and raise their profile by making it look like they care !

Will nobody high profile who cares about the club come forth and fight our corner.

Where are you?

Even the LET,our local rag,won't ask the questions that matter...spineless.

Wheelock won't question anything

This is a tricky one. During the original protests there were talks of wanting the owners to open up lines of communication with the fans etc but as far as I was concerned I didn't care about any of that I just wanted the only small goal to get steve kean replaced with a competent manager.

I've every respect for glen and the main organisers for taking it upon themselves to do something for all the dissolutioned fans but sadly even with the minor goal of removing kean we failed. I really don't know why but it's either because the venkys are stubborn and won't be told what to do, the venkys were oblivious to them happening or they simply couldn't care less.

5 years on I really don't know where to go because a protest to get rid of the venkys is practically impossible. So what's left. Give in and accept their reign of terror Stockholm syndrome style sit and take it, walk away which seems popular or protest. Then there's what type of protest the organised ones that failed or spontaneous mass disorder ones.

The organised stuff will almost certainly fail. Let's face it only 100-500 ish bothered to protest against Steve kean in a peaceful manner so there is no chance any more than a handful of people would doing anything more "bpool esq".

I just can't see any light at the end of this tunnel but that said as futile as it'll be if something happens Ill protest as a mere foot soldier while there's a small amount of dwindling fight left.

How about we actually wait and see how things pan out on the pitch in the 1st few months of the season before getting all stupid again. Lots of very young players in the squad this year, at least give them a chance before destroying any morale there is in the ground. Hopfully with a smaller squad and all the players on similiar more sensible salaries(assuming rhodes leaves) team spirit could be better and a little more galvanised, also i think the new faces and promoted youth players will freshen team team up a bit, could actually be the most enjoyable season for a while, i think expectations are going to be lower this season which usually suits us.

How about we actually wait and see how things pan out on the pitch in the 1st few months of the season before getting all stupid again. Lots of very young players in the squad this year, at least give them a chance before destroying any morale there is in the ground.

Getting in early there with an excuse TJ.. It's okay, we will lose 10 In a row, Bowyer will be sacked and off goes Tommy Johnson to India with his lady and a nice handbag

Not really, just stating how im currently feeling towards the season, im not a fan of bowyer bit he's clearly going nowhere so weve just got to hope that he finally starts to realise where he's gone wrong upto now and improves.

or resigns ASAP

Archived