BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

Spoke to a number of people today who were full of praise for Venkys and was feeling positive about our squad and teams chances this season.

They were fully behind Bowyer and Venkys and were hoping negative fans stay at home so they can enjoy what rovers have to offer this season .

These were not isolated fans, but quite a number I bumped into during the day.

They were of the opinion that rovers as a club has played a blinder the last 18 months and the club is very much a well run club again.

This is certainly not my thoughts , but suggest whats left of our support will now just take everything on the chin without an eyelid blinked

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoke to a number of people today who were full of praise for Venkys and was feeling positive about our squad and teams chances this season.

They were fully behind Bowyer and Venkys and were hoping negative fans stay at home so they can enjoy what rovers have to offer this season .

They were of the opinion that rovers as a club has played a blinder the last 18 months and the club is very much a well run club again.

This is certainly not my thoughts , but suggest whats left of our support will now just take everything on the chin without an eyelid blinked

You are describing the hardcore. It will be interesting to see what the average gate is this season (without being massaged). Anything above 5000 is a very healthy number for a club of our size. Make no mistake, we are a strong League One standard club and I would fancy our chances to bounce back up in 2016/17.

It makes me think what's the bloody point.

I could quite easily walk away, avoid all the hassle and I probably will if I get similar feelings to you today Glen.

Are people stupid? Or ignorant to the debt, relegation, destruction of a once great run club?

My mind boggles.

You are describing the hardcore. It will be interesting to see what the average gate is this season (without being massaged). Anything above 5000 is a very healthy number for a club of our size. Make no mistake, we are a strong League One standard club and I would fancy our chances to bounce back up in 2016/17.

I'm one of the hardcore, Abbeys one of the hardcore, you're one of the hardcore Stuart?

How can anyone be happy with our current situation? How can they?

I'm one of the hardcore, Abbeys one of the hardcore, you're one of the hardcore Stuart?

How can anyone be happy with our current situation? How can they?

I'm struggling to find a picture of an ostrich with its head underground that hasn't been used yet.

Definitions though. I'm talking about hardcore as those people who don't go to Ewood to watch a game of football, they go because it's a duty. Those who would shout "get behind the team" if Fred West was the manager - even without his badges!

If we couldn't get the numbers to make a statement under Kean, and I was one of those stood on the corner overnight outside Ewood for the 24 hr thing, what makes you believe it would happen now.

Most People, rightly or wrongly, aren't as frustrated now as they were then.

Just because those people's views are different from your own does not make them any more or any less valid and talking about fellow fans in such condescending and patronising terms as if they're thick and you're so superior and know far more than them does you nocredit whatsoever imo.

Just because those people's views are different from your own does not make them any more or any less valid and talking about fellow fans in such condescending and patronising terms as if they're thick and you're so superior and know far more than them does you nocredit whatsoever imo.

Read it again. Patronising and condescending? The words blinder and eyelid blinked? Not taking sides, but it didn't read like that to me.

Meanwhile I remain confident many of our fans are very impressed with how steady and stable everything appears. I talked to one today saying much the same. They'd be fuming if they lost 50 quid but the club losing millions being dragged through the mud doesn't frighten them or seemingly register.

I reluctantly went on the protests. Where was everyone else?

Meanwhile 10,000 regulars off the gate. They decided what's right and wrong a while back.

Agree with the poster who mentioned Burnley and PNE. Results may swing the apathy.

I watched football when there was true aggression displayed, every week, in every game. Before, during and after matches. On and off the pitch. The sterile, seated, clean toilet approach of the modern era is a drastically watered down version hardly conducive to mass displays of anger and aggression. Too many have given up already. I presume we've all felt that feeling the last few years.

Your venky love does you no favours either

Eh? What?

Played a blinder, well run?!?! Must all be on drugs. These fans you speak of deserve venkys and deserve any old @#/? that comes their way. They are ignoring our rapid demise pretending all is well, that or they don't care. There are some of us though who still have standards and for us at least I hope and pray we get better than bowyer and the venkys because we deserve it.

I know you quite well Simon, you're a bright guy, a good guy and I respect views.

But the end game here is league one with well over 100m debt, surly you can see that?

I don't think I'm saying anything out of turn here, but I think you're hoping Venkys will come good eventually? I just cannot see it pal, nothing points towards that, it's never going to happen in my opinion.

We need them gone, it's our only option.

Glen, have you been on the beer?

I have never met a single fan with such views.

Rumour has it that we are renting out office space to Fleetwood Town owner Andrew Pilley in the Darwen End.

The Rao's have shamed us for long enough.

It's now or never, let's drive these charlatans out.

Glen, have you been on the beer?

I have never met a single fan with such views.

Who do you think types all those pro Venky/Shaw/Bowyer comments on the LT site under every article PB ?

Total madness lately, who's doing it ????

Didn't I read that our commercial man is back at work ?

They surely can't all be dingles !

I know you quite well Simon, you're a bright guy, a good guy and I respect views.

But the end game here is league one with well over 100m debt, surly you can see that?

I don't think I'm saying anything out of turn here, but I think you're hoping Venkys will come good eventually? I just cannot see it pal, nothing points towards that, it's never going to happen in my opinion.

We need them gone, it's our only option.

GAV, assuming no extremely rich white knight of whom we're mot yet aware charges into save us if Venky's suddenly leave,which I think is very unlikely) what do you think will happen to us?

In my view we either cease to exist altogether or start up as some sort of phoenix club at a completely meaningless level of the football pyramid.

I know you disagree but I wouldn't like to take a gamble on who's right tbh.

Who do you think types all those pro Venky/Shaw/Bowyer comments on the LT site under every article PB ?

Total madness lately, who's doing it ????

Didn't I read that our commercial man is back at work ?

They surely can't all be dingles !

Wouldn't put it past them to employ Alastair Campbell to spin the bull5hit for them, he'd enjoy that.

It looks like venkys have won, most of these supporters are too cowardly and indifferent to put up any sort of fight, all they are interested in is turning up on a Saturday afternoon and cheering 'rovers rovers ra ra ra', they couldn't give a toss about what happens behind the scenes, its pretty sickening, they couldn't fight our corner when we really needed them under Kean so they certainly wont rock the boat now.

• Backroom

Rumour has it that we are renting out office space to Fleetwood Town owner Andrew Pilley in the Darwen End.

The Rao's have shamed us for long enough.

It's now or never, let's drive these charlatans out.

Shame on Venkys! How dare they add to our commercial income...

So you would rather venks run us into oblivion?

Rev

Obviously not. I didn't think they'd stick it out this long tbh but up to press they still appear to be here funding our losses.

Would you be happy if Venky's left tomorrow and the Club folded as a result?

Archived