BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Respect And Awareness Needed When Posting

If your school didn't teach you about the classical composers I'm not going to start now. Most people don't differentiate between black and white music these days as it seems to have all converged into one. I have no idea why there is a MOBO award these days. The only real black music is the African black choirs that I love to listen to for their unusual and pleasing harmonies.

I was just making conversation .

No harm in celebrating different genres is there ?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember The Royal Stratford road (giant nans) The Guilded cage, Ronnie Scotts, Barberela's and the Students Bar, only trouble we ever saw was a street fight on New Street with 2 rivals Chinese factions, that and being in the Guilded Cage the week before the New Street bomb. So I think you are grossly over stating the 99% bit

99% was in reference to calling Isis and the taliban vile creatures. I was responding to Abbey. Two separate convos have been edited to seem as if I'm taking about one thing.

99% was in reference to calling Isis and the taliban vile creatures. I was responding to Abbey. Two separate convos have been edited to seem as if I'm taking about one thing.

OK

brfcs admin/mods/whatever if you think this completely unprovoked comment-

is acceptable behaviour then your just supporting it which makes you as bad as him(and the other vile nasty little cronies in that clique)

in recent weeks i've consciously avoided any real bickering or name calling with abbey, then he just comes out with this.

But you're now back on form, comparing adopted scouser to "a slimy estate agent person". You can't go around calling for others to be pulled up for stuff like this when you're going around saying stuff like that. You are a hypocrite, TJ. And saying "in recent weeks I've avoided calling people names"... You shouldn't be doing it full stop. You won't be getting a pat on the back from the back-room team, put it that way.

But you're now back on form, comparing adopted scouser to "a slimy estate agent person". You can't go around calling for others to be pulled up for stuff like this when you're going around saying stuff like that. You are a hypocrite, TJ. And saying "in recent weeks I've avoided calling people names"... You shouldn't be doing it full stop. You won't be getting a pat on the back from the back-room team, put it that way.

You never even pulled anybody up so what are you even talking about, scouser rarely posts but you can bet when he does more often than not its to mock, insult or criticise me as he did in the post prior to the one your talking about.

but yea sorry your right, I should never have a go back as it gives posters like you an excuse to get all high and mighty and yes i'm fully aware as its pretty blatant where I stand with whoever is (not)modding the forums these days, but it has been very apparent to me that you do deliberately let 'certain' posters get away with mocking, insulting and belittling me at every opportunity in hope that I bite back so you can chastise me(and you do also treat a few other posters the same way)

also im not sure where you got that 2nd quote from me from as the closest thing ive said to that was more along the lines of 'I have consciously avoided arguing and name calling with abbey in recent weeks" which was a fact which I stated as out of the blue he randomly made a pretty pathetic childish school girl type comment about me for absolutely no reason(which goes without sayin you ignored even though I reported it)

Its funny that you find comparing somebody to a slimy estate agent so offensive considering all the abusive comments they make are usually much cruder or just blatant swear words, but them you just let slide(until I bite back, then im the bad guy) If there are any estate agents on here then I am sorry if I offended you, its just that most of the people in the entire world hate your profession and find that people working in it are pretty slimy, arrogant, self centred and under hand.

anyway if you're still a mod or part of the backroom and THIS is how you choose to deal with things, then well....good luck.

You never even pulled anybody up so what are you even talking about, scouser rarely posts but you can bet when he does more often than not its to mock, insult or criticise me as he did in the post prior to the one your talking about.

Not everyone on here is a saint, but you call for others to be reprimanded for things you do yourself. I doubt you paid much attention to GAV's original post. While it seems to be the same group of people who poke at you, you respond ten-fold with a full on punch in the face (mainly insults, name-calling, trolling, goading, the list goes on) and the situation escalates. Can you not recognise that you're a huge part of why threads get ruined?

You're currently discussing something with a bit of sanity in the General Election thread at the moment. At least that's something. But as soon as particular posters say something, you're in there ruining the whole discussion. And then you end up crying victim. Chaddy might have been drawing attention at one point, but he had the sense to ignore it and not get involved and drag the whole board down.

It's folk like you (you aren't the only one) who are more than happy to lash out at the back-room team, whether it's for being "heavy handed" on one extreme or "not doing anything" on the other. What was it the other day... A thread got locked for cleaning and Al called it pathetic? Jee whiz. Who'd be a bloody volunteer?

You're also being presumptuous. I pulled plenty of people up for going against the forum guidelines when I was a mod (including you at one point). The feedback from that? Too heavy-handed. Your feedback? I didn't do enough. Perhaps I shouldn't have cared what everyone thought, as I think this board has gone downhill since all of these "pathetic" moderating decisions have gone away. We have one moderator, mainly because the rest over the years couldn't be bothered with the increasing backlash of any decision. The users got what they wanted, and the users now complain the MB is a mess. Sadly, this is known as karma.

sorry I cant me bothered even reading past the 1st sentence of your latest post, I'm sure its fascinating and proves without a shadow of a doubt that im the spawn of the devil, but im really not interested in discussing, arguing or debating about anything with anybody right now, so please don't waste anymore of your time.

edit;- so obviously I couldn't resist :D and had a quick read through it, mostly what I expected from you(a biased one sided view from somebody that has had a real chip on there shoulder with me for a while) one thing I will pull you up on is that I'm not one of those "folk" that's happy to lash out at the backroom staff in general, I have once or twice lost my temper with you and 1 or 2 other members of the backroom staff at a more personal level(ie. just my opinion but I think that yourself and biddy are/where very poor and very biased mods that started or heavily contributed to more arguments than you prevented)

Oh! and yes you're right when I do bite back, I bite hard, believe it or not I'm not here to play silly manipulative games as some are(and you are doing now) so to be quite frank if you don't want both barrels then please think twice before insulting or ridiculing me.

I don't know what your problem is right now but you've come on here to start an argument(which is the very thing your criticising me for)

I don't mind being given a slap on the wrist or a bit of a lecture by admin when necessary but personally I think it should be done behind the scenes in a more kind of professional way(I can just picture certain posters grinning from ear to ear reading your posts :lol::lol: :lol: )

I've nothing else to say on the matter(whatever the matter was) and had no interest in discussing this with you in the 1st place as aside from having a go back at scouser after he chipped in with one of his usual chippy comments things where going rosy.

I don't mind being given a slap on the wrist or a bit of a lecture by admin when necessary but personally I think it should be done behind the scenes in a more kind of professional way(I can just picture certain posters grinning from ear to ear reading your posts :lol::lol: :lol: )

Interesting. Isn't that what I did with you some time ago (and yoda, if I recall)? Took it into a private message to issue a warning to both of you in an attempt to avoid any bans. How did you handle that? You didn't mind, did you? :rock:

Nice try with the thread GAV.

what I took from gavs opening thread is more that we should respect each others opinions more in the football threads, as they more than anywhere else likely to attract people of all ages and some younger more sensitive kids may take some of the things said to personally, but in the icbinf threads to be honest gav on his day can be worst than anybody for trash talk(and on other days he can be one of the best posters/contributers) you can say what you like about me but its a fact that you can take me out of the equation(as has happened in the past) and it makes no difference at all, its just not a place for the sensitive or easily offended(and im not saying that's how it should be, just that's how it is and is unlikely to change due to the mix of personalities and having people from all walks of life on here)

Interesting. Isn't that what I did with you some time ago (and yoda, if I recall)? Took it into a private message to issue a warning to both of you in an attempt to avoid any bans. How did you handle that? You didn't mind, did you? :rock:

I genuinely don't recall, but its now becoming clearer why you have a chip on your shoulder with me, I'm genuinely sorry if I offended you in someway in the past. if I must ill try and find the pms your talking about, but really do I have to, cant we just give each other a clean slate? one thing i'm definitely not is vindictive and I don't hold grudges so its upto you and anybody else that feels that feels the same towards me as you do can get on board as well(not mike Ellison though, he's a proper wrongEn :P )

edit- for some reason I cant even see access to the messaging function anyway.

TJ, I certainly don't have a chip on my shoulder about you! But when GAV talks about respect, you're the stand out poster who seemingly shows none. You're not the only one, hence my reference to Al's behaviour towards the backroom team, which shows a lack of respect for the amount of time they put in with his quick and presumptuous remarks. You do get trolled and baited in my opinion, but your reactions and personal insults are completely unnecessary and damaging to the board.

Anyway... Just hope that this place can become a better read if the personal insults and slanging is cut out. Might be entertaining to watch, but there are plenty of other places on the net to do it, and I hope BRFCC doesn't become just another one of them.

honestly fella the only person going on and on right now is you, As for 'respect' I've given my opinion on that further back, basically i more than respect everybody to begin with, but it can be lost just as fast and there are some characters/personas on here that have shown themselves not worthy of much respect(from me anyway) i do try to avoid them but this is a small place and they seem drawn to me, as for as respecting mods goes i think tom m does a great job considering the size of the load he's carrying, its a shame there aren't any new mods to share the load with him, but finding another mod as fair and unbiased when it comes to making moderation decisions would be some task.

p.s. you know there's a rant don't you :)

I wouldn't refer to knobs in the city centre as vile, horrible creatures. Isis and Taliban, yes. The second part of my quote was a response to Abbeys. The hit before was about Birmingham in 70 and 80's.

ah got ya! Thanks for clarifying that.

TJ, I certainly don't have a chip on my shoulder about you! But when GAV talks about respect, you're the stand out poster who seemingly shows none. You're not the only one, hence my reference to Al's behaviour towards the backroom team, which shows a lack of respect for the amount of time they put in with his quick and presumptuous remarks. You do get trolled and baited in my opinion, but your reactions and personal insults are completely unnecessary and damaging to the board.

Anyway... Just hope that this place can become a better read if the personal insults and slanging is cut out. Might be entertaining to watch, but there are plenty of other places on the net to do it, and I hope BRFCC doesn't become just another one of them.

I don't remember what you are referring to Phil but if I made a remark like that then I genuinely thought that closing the thread was pathetic, particularly if we were not told the reason for the closure. Generally if we, the rank and file are given reasons for actions we tend to find them acceptable.

By the way I have every respect for the time and trouble the mods take to keep this forum running. May I take the opportunity to thank the back room team.

It's folk like you (you aren't the only one) who are more than happy to lash out at the back-room team, whether it's for being "heavy handed" on one extreme or "not doing anything" on the other. What was it the other day... A thread got locked for cleaning and Al called it pathetic? Jee whiz. Who'd be a bloody volunteer?

Surely a simple statement would have avoided that?

Be honest Phil this board has form in the past for locking lots of decent threads on a whim when one Mod or another has felt out of his depth. Time and again things happen on here with no explanation whatsoever. Long past the time for more transparency imo.

Sorry just read Al's post saying similar above.

btw Phil T beware. You appear to be swallowing TJ's bait. ;)

When there was a big team of mods, I'm sure we used to at least communicate, but we probably had more of us to do this than there is now. Tom does a fine job, so calling the closing the thread pathetic is a bit harsh on my opinion. Just bringing it back to the respect stuff.

When there was a big team of mods, I'm sure we used to at least communicate, but we probably had more of us to do this than there is now. Tom does a fine job, so calling the closing the thread pathetic is a bit harsh on my opinion. Just bringing it back to the respect stuff.

It wasn't 'closed' it was being 'cleaned' according to you. I know Al is a little quick to assume stuff but tbh all he could see was the 'Locked' sign, therefore his reaction was totally understandable. Simple solution is employ a 'cleaning' sign. "wet floor" would do. ^_^

Archived