BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Respect And Awareness Needed When Posting

I don't know you TJ, I rarely go in the ICBINF section, and have never had anything for or against you... I would hazard a guess my political leanings might not be far from yours but... this is a thread about trying to be more respectful to each other...

Why not give it a try? If you feel others don't why not rise above them?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This idea the site is for adults is a bit odd. How old were cn1704, Bellamy11, (the much missed) Tugay4England, Martin and even Mellison 😉 when they started on here?

Mid teens at best in guessing.

Quality is not determined by age. And it seems wisdom definitely isn't either.

There's nothing wrong with being ginger(and its actually very trendy these days) close members of my family are ginger, doesnt stop me joking with them though.

Ginger is an incorrect term designed to insult. It's used for people have red or auburn hair and it's also used to describe homosexuals. No on is actually ginger are they? I'm used to it and it's water off a ducks back to me because I have no axe to grind but you maybe need to employ caution. Check this out...... https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=suicides+by+gingers

So TJ how would you go on if members of your family friends had the genes which determine black or brown skin colour? Would you refer to them in disparaging terms simply because of their physical appearance and call them nigger?

btw don't know if you've noticed but by a strange quirk both are anagrams of the other.

Ginger is an incorrect term designed to insult. It's used for people have red or auburn hair and it's also used to describe homosexuals. No on is actually ginger are they? I'm used to it and it's water off a ducks back to me because I have no axe to grind but you maybe need to employ caution. Check this out...... https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=suicides+by+gingers

So TJ how would you go on if members of your family friends had the genes which determine black or brown skin colour? Would you refer to them in disparaging terms simply because of their physical appearance and call them nigger?

btw don't know if you've noticed but by a strange quirk both are anagrams of the other.

You sort of lose the moral highground when you believe 'Paki' is an acceptable term for our Asian friends.

You sort of lose the moral highground when you believe 'Paki' is an acceptable term for our Asian friends.

On it's own it's more accurate and imo more acceptable also than the more used term 'asian'. It's simply an abbreviation of Pakistan. Is Bangla deemed as bad a term? How about Afghani? There is simply neither rhyme nor reason for this stupidity.

Would you describe yourself as a Brit first or a European first? How would you feel if 'Brit' was deemed equivalent to a swear word and banned from public use in some countries? PC has become ridiculous AND actually exacerbates the problem rather than alleviating it.

Not really helping the thread that Toppers :tu:

I think it probably is gav.

Does he?

Yup...... any insult can only be in accompanying uncomplementary adjectives. If there are none and it's used in a proper context there cannot be any issues unless there are either imaginary or more likely nowadays political motives. People now appear to even be afraid to say 'Pakistan' or 'Pakistani' and have replaced those terms with a the ludicrous generalisation 'Asian'. Lets not forget Pakistan is the homeland of a population more than double the population of the UK yet the PC brigade appear to want to wipe it off the face of the planet. Damned insulting imo.

thenodrog you and I are both of the age to fully understand why Paki is a derogatory term. Dress it up anyway you like but using the word has still has an underlying messages.

As for Brit? Yes be happy if that was banned, it's a pet hate of mine. I'm English, British, then European but never a Brit.

I think you'll find Bangla and Afghani do not describe people and to use them as examples is inaccurate

thenodrog you and I are both of the age to fully understand why Paki is a derogatory term. Dress it up anyway you like but using the word has still has an underlying messages.

As for Brit? Yes be happy if that was banned, it's a pet hate of mine. I'm English, British, then European but never a Brit.

I think you'll find Bangla and Afghani do not describe people and to use them as examples is inaccurate

The French call us "les rosbifs" what shall we do ? invade, nuke em, put bombs on busses in Paris ?

It is a derogatory term and offensive. Doubt you've ever been called it Drog, have you? Every time I've been called it, sometimes with adjectives, sometimes without. It has always been to abuse me not to say Pakistani, which by the way is the correct term. The word British to describe me is fine :)

The French call us "les rosbifs" what shall we do ? invade, nuke em, put bombs on busses in Paris ?

Can't see why we would want to do anything to the French or France. Lovely people, wonderful country.

Can't see why we would want to do anything to the French or France. Lovely people, wonderful country.

Is England not ?, France is a lovely country, In places it is on a par with the Ribble Valley, Lake District and the Cotswolds

No we call them frogs.

Or cheese eating surrender monkeys.

And dont mention what they do to Frenchies in Hartlepool.

Uck me are we actually debating if Paki is an offensive term? REALLY?

It's s term often used by some white over 50yrs Blackburn folk to refer to Indian and Bangladeshi's living in the town. They're not even bright enough to get the country right.

Should we move on? It's not even worth debating, it's bloody offensive and we have Asian posters.

Have some bloody respect.

Rant alert...!

Uck me are we actually debating if Paki is an offensive term? REALLY?

It's s term often used by some white over 50yrs Blackburn folk to refer to Indian and Bangladeshi's living in the town. They're not even bright enough to get the country right.

Should we move on? It's not even worth debating, it's bloody offensive and we have Asian posters.

Have some bloody respect.

Rant alert...!

We have moved on, It's the frogs turn now

:D

We do love our roast beef dinners, so who cares, we flippantly call them frogs/frogs legs its just a bit of neighbourly banter and doesn't have the same kinds of historical negative and derogatory attachments as calling somebody a n####r or p#k#

But these things don't really need explaining and only further prove what I was saying about certain posters yesterday, yet I'm made out to be the offensive one :lol: but naa mind.

We do love our roast beef dinners, so who cares, we flippantly call them frogs/frogs legs its just a bit of neighbourly banter and doesn't have the same kinds of historical negative and derogatory attachments as calling somebody a n####r or p#k#

but these things don't really need explaining.

Not quite true TJ, a number of French do indeed use it as derogatory term and employ graffiti to back it up, the practice goes back hundreds of years.

Well its not remotely offensive to me or anybody I know or have ever met to my knowledge(also it just sounds kinda funny) and 'with all respect' excuse me if I take your claims with a pinch of salt anyway as like abbey you do tend to exaggerate(sorry but that's just a fact)

Well its not remotely offensive to me or anybody I know or have ever met to my knowledge(also it just sounds kinda funny) and 'with all respect' excuse me if I take your claims with a pinch of salt anyway as like abbey you do tend to exaggerate(sorry but that's just a fact)

Thought you would never ask (maybe you might want to scrub the little dig about facts)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2913151.stm

I don't find it offensive either, it is funny actually as the French can't cook roast beef anyway and they claim to be the best in the kitchen

:lol:

Thought you would never ask (maybe you might want to scrub the little dig about facts)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2913151.stm

I don't find it offensive either, it is funny actually as the French can't cook roast beef anyway and they claim to be the best in the kitchen

:lol:

really hahaha have you not even read that article, all it does is confirm my so-called dig, the graffiti 'rostbif; was the least offensive bit of that graffiti(which in its self was likely just an isolated incident to begin with) and the rest of the article confirms that its only used in a mildly offensive way the same as we say frogs.

really hahaha have you not even read that article, all it does is confirm my so-called dig, the graffiti 'rostbif; was the least offensive bit of that graffiti(which in its self was likely just an isolated incident to begin with) and the rest of the article confirms that its only used in a mildly offensive way the same as we say frogs.

Where have I said I find it offensive,

stop looking for angles that are not there

Archived