BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Respect And Awareness Needed When Posting

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really difficult as the majority on here are regularly posters and long standing fans who since the takeover have witnessed the club being turned into a laughing stock and systematically slowly being destroyed whilst quite a few charlatans have come out smelling of roses and those remaining are in self preservation mode..

I could go on but won't as on my phone

It's amazing in all honesty that the anger hasn't come out more in posts

Rant over

Pretty daft move to close the General Election thread. Relevant, interesting and popular in the main. Unfortunately spoiled by petty squabbles. The unnecessary stuff will only move to another thread.

Remove the posts, warn them, and if they continue ban them (1 day, 5 day, 30 day bans up to a total ban) simple as that to be honest.

If people cant self-moderate then I see no other choice.

Remove the posts, warn them, and if they continue ban them (1 day, 5 day, 30 day bans up to a total ban) simple as that to be honest.

It works Baz, I couldn't agree more.

To be fair to Theno I don't see what he was doing wrong on that thread. May have disagreed with what he was saying but he wasn't rude and kept it civil. Surely that's what we all want?

I love the way theno always acts as though he plays no part in the bickering hahaha, its just so absurd.

He very rarely bickers TJ and certainly doesn't play keyboard warrior by PM either.

• Moderation Lead

What was even bad in the general election thread FFS? It all seemed decent enough to me.

Moderation is one extreme to the other on here, none at all, or far too over - zealous....

What was even bad in the general election thread FFS? It all seemed decent enough to me.

Moderation is one extreme to the other on here, none at all, or far too over - zealous....

Timing is everything.

• Backroom

I locked it with the intention of clearing out the personal crap before reopening but it's a pointless task so it's back open for now.

Anything personal will be removed and the suggestion above - Baz I think it was, seems as good as any

And with a combined age of over 250.

What has age got to do with it?

The other choice is to stop trying to impose your will on the regular posters and leave them alone.

How can a small clique on here need 'posting rules'? Now seems a home for "non-season ticket holders"

Or am I being a purist again.....

Roll on August 8th(with or without Rhodesy)

Roll on the start of the 2nd Ashes game and hope for good weather - it will take me away from this.

Answer to the original post and associated problem it that all members state their age. The kids, who by the way should be asleep at 2 or 3 am UK time and not posting on here, can play in the corner whilst the adults have an often immature argument at the big table.

It's a solution based on honesty, of age, and also 'protection for adults'.

• Backroom

On the age thing discussed on the first page, I disagree. I love it when the older guys on here talk about the history of my favourite club in the world. It reminds me of the conversations I have with my dad, talking about how Phil Jones' debut reminded him of Duncan Edwards, and tales of George Best continuing a mazy dribble after his boot fell off. An age split is daft imo.

Re: posting with respect, it's why I requested my name be on full view. Real self-moderation. It definitely makes a difference even just knowing people's real names.

It's why I'd like to see the social aspect of the mb return and why I was trying to rouse interest in a golf day on ICBINF.

Absolutely Mike!

Brought it home to me earlier when I read that Al's first game at Ewood was back in 40's.

I often bang heads with Al on several subjects but he's probably forgot more about Blackburn Rovers than I know and I should respect and embrace that more.

Please bring back the 'Dislike button'

there's so much vile crap posted on here(not this thread, mainly the icbinf threads) I/we should be able to show our dislike without having to post comments of our dislike(which only turn into bickering arguments) Simply being able to click a dislike button would allow me/us to show our dislike and then just move on.

I cant see why its not worth giving it a trial go at the very least.

brfcs admin/mods/whatever if you think this completely unprovoked comment-

respectfully tj noone likes you so you dont need a dislike button .

is acceptable behaviour then your just supporting it which makes you as bad as him(and the other vile nasty little cronies in that clique)

in recent weeks i've consciously avoided any real bickering or name calling with abbey, then he just comes out with this.

yes, you play the innocent card now, everybody that follows these forums knows exactly what your intentions where with that post, im sure mods/admin will pander to your pathetic childlike behaviour and playground bully tactics as usual, deleting the post alone means nothing.

Archived