BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Respect And Awareness Needed When Posting

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

then why did you bring it up and make the "dig" remark :wacko:

never mind, zzzzzzz time, I need my beauty sleep.

That was In response to your reply, keep up,

never mind, you will bitch at anything

It is a derogatory term and offensive. Doubt you've ever been called it Drog, have you? Every time I've been called it, sometimes with adjectives, sometimes without. It has always been to abuse me not to say Pakistani, which by the way is the correct term. The word British to describe me is fine :)

This puts an end to it.

Good shout imy. We've all heard it said badly many times. I've never heard it said nicely. Nothing surprising about your post however much others dig themselves deeper.

It's a cultural issue. I'm glad my kids are more aware than my generation, as mine was compared to the one before. Not sure we are getting there fast enough however.

More awareness when posting? Like TJ has said it shouldn't need explaining. It's 2015 not 1975.

Uck me are we actually debating if Paki is an offensive term? REALLY?

It's s term often used by some white over 50yrs Blackburn folk to refer to Indian and Bangladeshi's living in the town. They're not even bright enough to get the country right.

Should we move on? It's not even worth debating, it's bloody offensive and we have Asian posters.

Have some bloody respect.

Rant alert...!

So it appears that you have obliterated an entire nation from the map. And you say that I am being offensive! :rolleyes:

It is a derogatory term and offensive. Doubt you've ever been called it Drog, have you? Every time I've been called it, sometimes with adjectives, sometimes without. It has always been to abuse me not to say Pakistani, which by the way is the correct term. The word British to describe me is fine :)

Funnily enough I have! I've been called a 'white Paki'! That was reported to me by a 3rd party and I had been described that way over my determination to drive a hard bargain buying some car parts. Was I insulted? Was I hell. why would I be? Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.

So officially imy are you British or Pakistani? It doesn't matter either way but you cannot cherry pick.

thenodrog you and I are both of the age to fully understand why Paki is a derogatory term. Dress it up anyway you like but using the word has still has an underlying messages.

As for Brit? Yes be happy if that was banned, it's a pet hate of mine. I'm English, British, then European but never a Brit.

I think you'll find Bangla and Afghani do not describe people and to use them as examples is inaccurate

Only if one is guilt driven I suggest Paul. Otherwise it's ridiculous tbh and panders only to those with agendas. Personally I prefer to be think of myself as English but I've no problem if the rest of the world choose to refer to me/us as Brits. Just as an aside do you have an English passport? I know I don't.

Have you ever considered the implications for people from Mongolia? They don't whinge and whine but they prob have more grounds to do so than people from Pakistan.

btw Is it a spelling issue? These seem perfectly acceptable .....

1. https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=pakeeze

2. https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=pakeeza

These are apparently quite acceptable trading names / terms so you can see how stupid it can be to accept random opinion without question.

On a somewhat parallel track what are your thoughts re: MOBO? We have MOBO awards but imagine the hue and cry if someone came up with MOWO awards?

Funnily enough I have! I've been called a 'white Paki'! That was reported to me by a 3rd party and I had been described that way over my determination to drive a hard bargain buying some car parts. Was I insulted? Was I hell. why would I be? Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.

So officially imy are you British or Pakistani? It doesn't matter either way but you cannot cherry pick.

Officially I am British Asian on a form- born and bred in England. Pakistani origin as that is where my parents are from but not me.

Interesting you say that you can't cherry pick-if there are many facets to your background that make up who you are then you should be proud of them, no?

Also proud to be a Brummie and a Muslim too.

As always context is important, with regards your 'white Paki'line. The word and what it has stood for is clear. As I said the vast majority of times it is said with hostile intent.

thenodrog I feel in summary your ability to come up with spurious arguments to defend an antiquated view has reached a new level. It's clear the real desire is to use an offensive term while hiding behind some largely unconnected arguments

An English passport? Why on earth do you ask? It's both incorrect and irrelevant. As you well know English is a nationality while British is citizenship - have a look on your passport.

Again what is the relevance of Mongol, the word describes people from Mongolia? I'm in a far better position to understand the offensive use of the word than many and it has little, if anything, to do with Mongolians. Fortunately it's use has almost entirely disappeared thanks to the way society has developed. The same being largely true of Paki other than by a tiny minority from a certain generation and disposition.

Pakeeze/Pakeeza must work as trading names but have no relevance to the use of the word Paki.

The MOBOS are about musical genre and have nothing to do with ethnicity. They were instigated to promote music which has its roots in black culture and particularly "non mainstream" music. I've no problem with the concept of MOWOS or though I imagine this is largely catered for by the BRITs? don't really know as I've little interest in either. As most modern pop music has its origins in black culture it all seems largely irrelevant - not unlike your post in defence of the term Paki.

Is England not ?, France is a lovely country, In places it is on a par with the Ribble Valley, Lake District and the Cotswolds

Did I say England is not a wonderful country? No, I didn't.

Odd this thread. I keep having to check I'm not in ICBINF.

Is this a free sample? And would it encourage people or put them off?

For me, Britain has moved on. Second and third generation "British Asians" (whatever that is) really should start to think of themselves as simply "British". Same goes for African Americans really. There isn't really a need for such distinction. Why make stick a prefix or suffix which makes a distinction if more derogatory versions should be outlawed? When we get to the stage where there is no need for positive discrimination, we've cracked it. :tu:

Well its not remotely offensive to me or anybody I know or have ever met to my knowledge(also it just sounds kinda funny) and 'with all respect' excuse me if I take your claims with a pinch of salt anyway as like abbey you do tend to exaggerate(sorry but that's just a fact)

Why bring me into it ffs ? You actually know nowt about me so jog on you attention seeking pillock

So it appears that you have obliterated an entire nation from the map. And you say that I am being offensive! :rolleyes:

You are being offensive Gordon, its not an acceptable term to use, and if you did use it next time you're buying groceries on Whalley Range you'd probably get a smack in the gob, or next time you’re ordering a curry maybe......

But you wouldn’t use it though would you? Why? Because its offensive!

So lets give it a rest, you've been banned so many times for throwing out this nonsence you'd think you would learn your lesson by now.

Uck me are we actually debating if Paki is an offensive term? REALLY?

It's s term often used by some white over 50yrs Blackburn folk to refer to Indian and Bangladeshi's living in the town. They're not even bright enough to get the country right.

Should we move on? It's not even worth debating, it's bloody offensive and we have Asian posters.

Have some bloody respect.

Rant alert...!

Personally I think it is wrong to classify Indian and Bangladeshi's together. They are completely different. I have found that Indians easily integrate with us Brits and live harmoniously alongside us. They do not form ghettos like the Pakistani's and Bangladeshi's amongst us. Maybe it's because many of them are not Muslims.

If we play this well enough it could well be the end of Thenodrog.

It's not a witch-hunt. He's just a dinosaur. He needs to learn some life lessons fast but I am not holding my breath. A leopard.....

Anyone my age grew up watching fans hurl bananas at opposition goalkeepers, monkey chants at African players, (unless they played for us) etc in an almost entirely white environment at the football. Socially Asians were very much in the minority at that time and lasting prejudice from the generation before us tainted many. There was only one Asian lad at my secondary school and he was terrorised. Irrespective of current troubles world-wide, I am generally pleased we have become much more civilised and tolerant.

It's not a witch-hunt. He's just a dinosaur. He needs to learn some life lessons fast but I am not holding my breath. A leopard.....

Anyone my age grew up watching fans hurl bananas at opposition goalkeepers, monkey chants at African players, (unless they played for us) etc in an almost entirely white environment at the football. Socially Asians were very much in the minority at that time and lasting prejudice from the generation before us tainted many. There was only one Asian lad at my secondary school and he was terrorised. Irrespective of current troubles world-wide, I am generally pleased we have become much more civilised and tolerant.

The few who were at my school were treated as mates. Just part of the crowd. Your generation must have been a whole lot less tolerant.

The few who were at my school were treated as mates. Just part of the crowd. Your generation must have been a whole lot less tolerant.

In the 70's and early 80's there were roads in Birmingham where brown faced people were not allowed to walk down. If you did, then expect a beating.

Tell Isis & the taliban that

99 per cent of population would tell them what vile horrible creatures they are.

Archived