BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Respect And Awareness Needed When Posting

In the 70's and early 80's there were roads in Birmingham where brown faced people were not allowed to walk down. If you did, then expect a beating.

I do have to say, there are now rds/small areas like that in Blackburn where your likely to get attacked or at least racially abused for being white if your alone(even during the day)

But that just goes back to what somebody said earlier in this thread(or it may have been the rant thread) there's a small section of scum in every walk of life and if they weren't using the colour of your skin, ethnicity or culture against you then they'd just find something else, sadly though scum seems to rise to the surface and makes it harder to see all the good people and good things going on.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell arguing about the mobo awards . Music of black origin . What's wrong with that ? Despite its diversity a lot of black music has fairly specific roots that we can all relate to and is non exclusive . Music of white origin..... What the hell would that be ?

Ni one here or anywhere has the right to call anyone a paki it's never been said in a positive context , never . It's got negative connotations and history and should be avoided at all costs .

Some of you need to grow up and / or stop being antagonistic

Walk down any street in town at the wrong time and you could quite easily get a kicking regardless of colour or race.

Welcome to the 21st Century folks ..

sorry I don't buy that, the towns a relatively safe place in general these days(I grew up on shad estate in the early 80s) you do need to be a little savy and know which spots to avoid at which times(eg. around town centre pubs,clubs and takaways after kickin out time) just basic street smarts and common sense things(which maybe something the pampered youth of today is lacking)

You said you were in your 30's ? Yet now you said you went clubbing in the early 80's ....

keep-calm-and-go-to-specsavers-5.png

"I grew up on shad estate in the early 80s"

as in I was a child in the 80s(im now in my mid 30s not that it matters) and being a child growing up on a relatively rough estate taught me street smarts that I now use as an adult(remember back then when we used to spend most of our days playing outdoors and getting up to innocent mischief ^_^ , not stuck indoors playing video games and such all night long)

not sure where you got clubbing from, unless you where picturing me as a seal.

1381505_10151733471812695_1874481589_n.j

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL BORN IN 1930's, 1940's, 50's, 60's, 70's and Early 80's !!! First, you survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us. They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't get tested for diabetes. Then after that trauma, your baby cots were covered with bright colored lead-based paints. You had no childproof lids on medicine ...bottles, doors or cabinets and when you rode your bikes, you had no helmets, not to mention, the risks you took hitchhiking .. As children, you would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always great fun. You drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle. You shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this. You ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in it, but you weren't overweight because...... YOU WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!! You would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach you all day. And you were OK. You would spend hours building your go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out you forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, you learned to solve the problem . You did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no mobile phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........YOU HAD FRIENDS and you went outside and found them! You fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents you played with worms(well most boys did) and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever. You made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although you were told it would happen, you did not poke out any eyes. You rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them! Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! The idea of a parent bailing you out if you broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law! This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. You had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and you learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS! You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good. And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were. And thanks to Todd Workman for the awesome MEME that's brought so many memories flooding back!

keep-calm-and-go-to-specsavers-5.png

"I grew up on shad estate in the early 80s"

as in I was a child in the 80s(im now in my mid 30s not that it matters) and being a child growing up on a relatively rough estate taught me street smarts that I now use as an adult(remember back then when we used to spend most of our days playing outdoors and getting up to innocent mischief ^_^ , not stuck indoors playing video games and such all night long)

not sure where you got clubbing from, unless you where picturing me as a seal.

Sounds like you just missed out on the Red Parrot and Rovers Return up that way then, shame.. B)

went to a few kids discos/birthday parties in the red parrot and the settend(what was the name of the function room adjoined to the settend? or was that the red parrot i always got them mixed up!) I lived across from the rovers so me and the mates always tried to peak through the windows on sunday afternoons when coach loads of people where there, We where convinced there was a stripper performing there every week but we could never see through the thick blacked out curtains, Was we right?

we always went for sweets at the small off license built into the rovers, if you went in the evening once everyone in there had had a few you could ask for a 20p mix and they'd just shovel em in and fill the bag(no wonder I've got so many fillings)

i did go into them both few times for drinks in my late teens, but by then they where absolute dumps that only a handful of life long regulars went in.

spaeaking of shadsworth i was walking through for the 1st time in a few years the other day and its definitely improving(I think that documentary a year or 2 ago forced the councils/twin valleys hand to spend real money in the area) main problem i always found with shad though is that it was so cut off from the rest of the town and still is.

In the 70's and early 80's there were roads in Birmingham where brown faced people were not allowed to walk down. If you did, then expect a beating.

99 per cent of population would tell them what vile horrible creatures they are.

In 2015 you still can't go into Nelson town centre in the evening if you're English and Caucasian, will 99% of the population tell them what vile horrible creatures they are?

Only went in them a couple of times. Remember the Sett End / Red Parrot or whichever buzzing away around the raving time. I do recall strippers in the Rovers weds nights mid 90's. Unless they were just the local bikes getting over excited :)

Bloody hell arguing about the mobo awards . Music of black origin . What's wrong with that ? Despite its diversity a lot of black music has fairly specific roots that we can all relate to and is non exclusive . Music of white origin..... What the hell would that be ?

Ni one here or anywhere has the right to call anyone a paki it's never been said in a positive context , never . It's got negative connotations and history and should be avoided at all costs .

Some of you need to grow up and / or stop being antagonistic

So black people invented music? christ on a bike what next? Here ya go genius, I'll start the ball rolling for ya! Mozart, now see if you can come up with some more, after all it ain't difficult!

In 2015 you still can't go into Nelson town centre in the evening if you're English and Caucasian, will 99% of the population tell them what vile horrible creatures they are?

That's a little extreme. I was referring to ISIS and the Taliban, not numpties in a town centre.

Only went in them a couple of times. Remember the Sett End / Red Parrot or whichever buzzing away around the raving time. I do recall strippers in the Rovers weds nights mid 90's. Unless they were just the local bikes getting over excited :)

I was to young to have been aware of it at the time but im always told that the settend in particular was one of the main meet up spotsin the north west for the warehouse rave scene in the late 80s(some great video clips from inside those raves on youtube)

and it may well have been wednsday nights, my memories pretty terrible.

So black people invented music? christ on a bike what next? Here ya go genius, I'll start the ball rolling for ya! Mozart, now see if you can come up with some more, after all it ain't difficult

So black people invented music? christ on a bike what next? Here ya go genius, I'll start the ball rolling for ya! Mozart, now see if you can come up with some more, after all it ain't difficult!

Hold up princess, I never said that black people invented music did I. It's just a case of black music having certain roots which are celebrated at the mobo awards . Rhythm and blues for example. Just doesn't make it racist does it . It's not exclusively white, and while chronologically Mozart is old it's not the root of white music is it. I'd struggle to pinpoint what the roots of white music are

ame="otto man" post="1549822" timestamp="1437149356"]

So black people invented music? christ on a bike what next? Here ya go genius, I'll start the ball rolling for ya! Mozart, now see if you can come up with some more, after all it ain't difficult

Hold up princess, I never said that black people invented music did I. It's just a case of black music having certain roots which are celebrated at the mobo awards . Rhythm and blues for example. Just doesn't make it racist does it . It's not exclusively white, and while chronologically Mozart is old it's not the root of white music is it. I'd struggle to pinpoint what the roots of white music are

Got to be the classical composers. Strauss comes close to MOR music does it not?

Sorry? 70's and 80's Birmingham? Taliban? isis? What am I missing Imy?

I wouldn't refer to knobs in the city centre as vile, horrible creatures. Isis and Taliban, yes. The second part of my quote was a response to Abbeys. The hit before was about Birmingham in 70 and 80's.

Got to be the classical composers. Strauss comes close to MOR music does it not?

Middle of the road ?

When exactly were the classical composers ? Would actually be interesting to see a musical roots history. Although music of some form will no doubt date back to the dawn of man .

I suppose if classical music is the root of white music then it already does have its own awards and indeed its own radio station

Middle of the road ?

When exactly were the classical composers ? Would actually be interesting to see a musical roots history. Although music of some form will no doubt date back to the dawn of man .

I suppose if classical music is the root of white music then it already does have its own awards and indeed its own radio station

If your school didn't teach you about the classical composers I'm not going to start now. Most people don't differentiate between black and white music these days as it seems to have all converged into one. I have no idea why there is a MOBO award these days. The only real black music is the African black choirs that I love to listen to for their unusual and pleasing harmonies.

99 per cent of population would tell them what vile horrible creatures they are.

I remember The Royal Stratford road (giant nans) The Guilded cage, Ronnie Scotts, Barberela's and the Students Bar, only trouble we ever saw was a street fight on New Street with 2 rivals Chinese factions, that and being in the Guilded Cage the week before the New Street bomb. So I think you are grossly over stating the 99% bit

Archived