BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Respect And Awareness Needed When Posting

Pfft, theres that "debate" word again, i dont need to hide my feelings behind faux "debates" on an Internet forum

Tell me what resolution has ever come from these so called debates, they just roll on with nobody changing there stance until the next "debate" starts up in another thread(usually covering the same 2 or 3 topics) very tedius, boring and a massive turn off for the passing forum browser.

Try having friendly conversations instead of debates, theyre far more productive.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

"Abusive pms" give it a rest, the only time ive sent pms is when I've been fed up with certain idiots personally insulting me in threads for no good reason, so instead of dragging the threads further down hill ive let them know exactly what i think of them via pm instead.(and ive only had to do this with 3/4 posters in all the time ive been on this site.

And no i won't accept constantly having to read the opinions of nasty arrogant old biggots,why should I, especially when they high jack every thread they can with there trash, im not going to pretend to respect people/online personas that dont warrant my respect, ill try and ignore them up tp a point but thats it.

The 'curse' of an online forum is that opinions vary. Accept that not everyone feels the same as you do.

The trouble is you call them 'nasty arrogant old bigots' just because they view things differently to you. Opinions make the world go round and are why this mb is even worth being on. You don't 'have to' read those opinions. There is an ignore function for that reason. Alternatively, don't read it at all.

If you can't accept that then maybe it's not for you. The point is that these opinions are those of real people.

Not really, i call them nasty arrogant old biggots because that's just what they are(or at least how they portray themselves on here) maybe calling them "old" is wrong of me though as i dont know there ages.

Ill take your advise by ignoring the "real people" comment though😜(coming from a primary school teacher of all people, haha, cheecky little clucker)

And the 'ignore function' goes both ways you know, if you dont like my posts then simply ignore me if its as easy as you make out.

You're right though, there's far more regular posters on here these days that i really dislike than that i like, so probably best i refrain from posting in non football threads until the tide changes.

TBH where Abbey is concerned I have known him for over 35yrs or so, been to many games with him both home and away and I still think he is a complete an utter LOVELY LAD !

Brash, loud, drunkard, open, honest, thick skinned, @#/? wrestler BUT a real Rovers fan and a chap who has the club at heart :rover::rover::rover::tu:

A halfway house on this site that I've suggested before is real first names - even if they are fictional. It just makes for better manners in my view - in the main at least.

You'll see the last of Jimmk2 if you do that .... just try typing his real name. I think he must have a mate at GCHQ! :lol:

Well im not like you and we all want different things out of this.

I just want the latest rovers gossip from the football side and mostly lighthearted chat about things im interested in on the non-football, im not looking for real life buddies on here(but at the same time i not looking for enemy's either)

but it just seems the non footballing side is just dominated by posters that want to take everything to seriously and use the place just to air their bigotries and arrogance(under the guise of"debate")

Don't go on it then. There problem solved. How easy was that?

just as an aside........... If TJ thinks he is OK and chooses to include me in his 'nasty old bigot' list then I'm more than happy to be one. :tu:

• Moderation Lead

Not really, i call them nasty arrogant old biggots because that's just what they are(or at least how they portray themselves on here) maybe calling them "old" is wrong of me though as i dont know there ages.

Ill take your advise by ignoring the "real people" comment though(coming from a primary school teacher of all people, haha, cheecky little clucker)

And the 'ignore function' goes both ways you know, if you dont like my posts then simply ignore me if its as easy as you make out.

You're right though, there's far more regular posters on here these days that i really dislike than that i like, so probably best i refrain from posting in non football threads until the tide changes.

TJ, you were doing alright, and then you had to post the above. It's like you've got the most extreme tunnel vision in the world at times.

You're probably alright in person, and I know this will lead to a volley of abuse calling me one of the names you've called me before like 'self-righteous' or 'hypocrite', but anyone that knows me will know that I'm nothing like that, I just want harmony on here.

There's plenty of fault on all sides, but to then even attempt to justify an extremely offensive term of 'bigots' to people that are nothing like that is just ridiculous.

'There are none as blind as those that won't see'.

• Backroom

TJ, in a thread about respecting one another, you've labelled some posters 'nasty old arrogant bigots' and made an unprovoked remark about Theno, while those same posters have contributed reasonably.

Have you considered that it might not always be them at fault?

No im perfect in everyway.

As for "respect", i give everybody i meet or communicate with the same high level of respect untill they do or say something that gives me reason the lose respect for them and theres a few on here id really have to scrape the barrel to find respect for now.

Now if you dont mind, do one and find something or somebody else to whinge about.

Ill have to add ginger to that list aswell then.

I've no problems accepting what you appear to insinuate is a physical genetic weakness. Mighty revealing that you protest about perceived bigotry but are yourself bigoted against people who have inherited the ginger gene.

To be really open and sincere with you although you may perceive it as insulting but I'd much rather be ginger and bigoted than thick and bigoted.

There's nothing wrong with being ginger(and its actually very trendy these days) close members of my family are ginger, doesnt stop me joking with them though.

But if you want to pathetically make out that it was anything more than a throw away joke go for it, i couldnt care less, anybody that cant think for themselves and falls for your bs isnt worth me bothering with.

Now if this threads justvgoing to be all about me then i suggest it geys late locked and flushed away before somebody dies of boredom reading it.

You have suggested a few times now that topics get locked when you don't seem to like the direction they are taking.

I think it may be an insecurity problem, you don't get your way in real life so try to do so on here.

When it does not go your way you throw your toys out of the pram.

There's nothing wrong with being ginger(and its actually very trendy these days) close members of my family are ginger, doesnt stop me joking with them though.

But if you want to pathetically make out that it was anything more than a throw away joke go for it, i couldnt care less, anybody that cant think for themselves and falls for your bs isnt worth me bothering with.

Now if this threads justvgoing to be all about me then i suggest it geys late locked and flushed away before somebody dies of boredom reading it.

You've bored me stiff already.

3/4 of the message board you've abused with nasty PM's? :) Fabulous. What a record.

Old, ginger, bigots, blah, yawn, blah. Read the thread title again.

Im the site boogey man this week then

Boogabooga.

Funny and hat isn't it, last week somevguy was booted after he was rounded up on, this week its my turn it appears, seems people around here arent happy unless they have somebody to vent there bs onto.

Keep it up though, absurdity makes my laugh more than anything.

• Moderation Lead

You don't help yourself though TJ, that's the thing, and then when people try and help you they get abused.

I'm thinking of Mike Ellison in particular, who's got to be up for the award of the least offensive poster on here!

Not forgetting GAV's original message, I think a self-imposed ban can be healthy at certain times for all of us. I usually have a hiatus when I think things are getting a bit petty, or the read quality gets bad. It does me good to leave the board for a few days, weeks, or even months, and come back refreshed. Also allows the tempers to cool.

• Backroom

You don't help yourself though TJ, that's the thing, and then when people try and help you they get abused.

I'm thinking of Mike Ellison in particular, who's got to be up for the award of the least offensive poster on here!

@#/? off you @#/? :D

Archived