BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Extra ! Extra ! Read All About It !

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33882577

A rare foray from the BBC into the unfashionable at best/taboo at worst subject of overpopulation. It amazes me how little the issue gets mentioned considering its the biggest impactor on national and global living standards, and may eventually destroy modern civilisation by driving global warming and/or the total depletion of the environment.

Of course the primary way to solve it globally is to strongly discourage people from having big families. And the primary way to solve it in this country is to severely limit immigration. All very logical in my opinion but I suppose that's why some on the political left like to bring the race card into it at every opportunity, it wouldn't do to simply concede the logic. Conceding the logic means abandoning the female-attractive, highly fashionable stance of the compassionate, restrained and wise voice who valiantly opposes the heartless xenophobes.

A rare foray from the BBC into the unfashionable at best/taboo at worst subject of overpopulation. It amazes me how little the issue gets mentioned considering its the biggest impactor on national and global living standards, and may eventually destroy modern civilisation by driving global warming and/or the total depletion of the environment.

Of course the primary way to solve it globally is to strongly discourage people from having big families. And the primary way to solve it in this country is to severely limit immigration. All very logical in my opinion but I suppose that's why some on the political left like to bring the race card into it at every opportunity, it wouldn't do to simply concede the logic. Conceding the logic means abandoning the female-attractive, highly fashionable stance of the compassionate, restrained and wise voice who valiantly opposes the heartless xenophobes.

It's typical of those on the political right use the immigration card for a problem that does not exist.

As the BBC piece says and many other studies show, global population growth will reach a point at which it remains stable.

If you want a culprit for large families look no farther than the Catholic church.

It's typical of those on the political right use the immigration card for a problem that does not exist.

As the BBC piece says and many other studies show, global population growth will reach a point at which it remains stable.

If you want a culprit for large families look no farther than the Catholic church.

It's not the Catholic countries that have the biggest problems. It's Africa. Not sure that religion has anything to do with it. You are simply a bigot Jim.

Just read in yesterdays sun about Icmler ..

Tourists were subject to "prank" which involved dousing them with pretend petrol and pretend Isis attack .. Pricks

It's probably on Youtube with all the other 'hilarious' pranksters.

• Backroom

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but holy crap this could be amazing: http://screencrush.com/disneyland-star-wars-marvel-lands/ for my inner child obviously.....

Star Wars land is coming to Disneyworld as well along with avatarland which just seems a bad idea.

I've decided today to postpone my holiday to WDW next year though.

Wife is due in February and a 9 hour flight with a 6 month old wasn't going to be ideal for anyone

Catholicism and Islam are both major religions that support indiscriminate breeding. Both of those and a lack of a welfare state is the reason for the African situation. Yet again science, technology and medical science is working both for and against mankind.

That's an interesting link and well worth discussion. For the record I agree we have an immigration problem which needs resolving as there is clearly a limit to the population the UK can sustain

It's unfortunate though the potential for any reasoned and sensible discussion is somewhat limited by the remarks highlighted.

It's quite beyond me how anyone opening in this manner can expect to enter a proper discussion.

I should imagine if waste was eliminated in the food chain as suggested in the BBC article, that would result in more food available so the population would rise on the back of it as it would cheaper.

Education is the answer in my humble opinion, that and stopping people breeding for benifits

It's not the Catholic countries that have the biggest problems. It's Africa. Not sure that religion has anything to do with it. You are simply a bigot Jim.

Many sub Saharan African countries are Catholic, which has led to the rise of HIV and AIDS because of the Catholic stance on contraception. Not being pro-Islam (God/Allah forbid) but I don't have the figures on the Islamic countries so can't comment on that.

Many sub Saharan African countries are Catholic, which has led to the rise of HIV and AIDS because of the Catholic stance on contraception. Not being pro-Islam (God/Allah forbid) but I don't have the figures on the Islamic countries so can't comment on that.

The main cause of over population is nothing to do with religion. That is propaganda put about by bigots. The main reason is that poor, ignorant, people have too many children to support them in their old age and to compensate for losing children to disease. They do not realise that they are making the situation worse by over populating their countries. Darwinism is the only real answer but that is too cruel to contemplate. I honestly don't know the answer.

The main cause of over population is nothing to do with religion. That is propaganda put about by bigots. The main reason is that poor, ignorant, people have too many children to support them in their old age and to compensate for losing children to disease. They do not realise that they are making the situation worse by over populating their countries. Darwinism is the only real answer but that is too cruel to contemplate. I honestly don't know the answer.

While I'm not sure about the first two sentences you are entirely right in the rest. It's very difficult to see how a cycle which has been nigh on essential for centuries can be broken. Presumably one possibility is to provide the ability to sustain a family without the need for many children to support the older generation. However I imagine it would take decades to convince people of the need to break with tradition and to provide the education, training and agricultual systems this would need.

A Moroccan shoots 3 on train from Amsterdam to Paris & overpowered by two from US .

Time to bomb these keaners back to the Stone Age . @#/? the Nicey nicely bullshit crap . How much more terrorism is needed and how many lives wasted before we do .

Ok fair play, now maybe answer the other 2 questions and then think again about the answer to your 1st question.

Also why the hell would i be "happy" to see anybody get killed or even hurt, whether it be at the hands of terrorists in syria or just a random mugging in an ally in acrington(just for example)

• Backroom

Syria for one . The powers that be know where the main players and Isis are . Or are you happy to say crack on .. Let them behead people like the 80 year old historian this week .

Problem is abbey you just said this bloke was Morrocan, we can't just bomb everyone in the hope it will sort it.

And I don't have a solution myself either.

Problem is abbey you just said this bloke was Morrocan, we can't just bomb everyone in the hope it will sort it.

And I don't have a solution myself either.

I have! We've now identified the ebola virus and are a long way down the road to having developed a successful cure. Best keep it to ourselves eh? ;)

Archived