BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Under Venky's

As I understand it, major decisions need the three siblings together with Mrs D's Mr D to agree unanimously.

Following a farce over his film studios, Balji is not allowed too much independent decision making despite him being the one who is putting up the collateral for the Indian bank loans and the cash into Rovers.

This might now be out of date but was certainly the case when things were running a lot hotter at Ewood than they are now.

Could explain why Balaji's hench men are around, finding out what is happening to his dosh

The Proud old name of Blackburn Rovers was respected throughout Football not so long ago,now we are tainted as a 'bad club' by media.All self inflicted by people who do not have a clue how to run this club...they would struggle to run Darwen FC.

We are being dragged backwards through the mud by our owners and I am sure I speak for many when I say I am sick to the back teeth of it all,absolutely had enough of this mis-management.

Feckin Fed up!! :(

Some interesting reviews from people who have worked for Venky's.http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Venkys-India-Limited-Reviews-E520399.htm

The one dated 23rd of July probably sums up our predicament with their ownership best.

Just realised that the full reviews are closed from that link, anyone interested should google Venkys(India) Limited Reviews

Some interesting reviews from people who have worked for Venky's.http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Venkys-India-Limited-Reviews-E520399.htm

The one dated 23rd of July probably sums up our predicament with their ownership best.

Just realised that the full reviews are closed from that link, anyone interested should google Venkys(India) Limited Reviews

"I worked at Venkys (India) Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Good For Freshers,I mean it You have a freedom of doing things,making mistakes and learning from your own mistakes. World class infrastructure and you will feel it. More then 500 branches across India. Out of India its in almost every Country. Highly automated machines and latest equipment. If you are working in Pune Branch. You will have a proud of It. World's top Poultry Industry. In short Best for Freshers."

Looks like they are very sympathetic to novices. Figures.

India is set to become the 3rd monetary super power before 2020. It's just possible this lot are just completely and utterly minted so our losses are nowt on the scale of things. Imagine if we could just fluke a decent manager get promoted, they'd chuck loads of coin at it.

The earth is not flat and the moon isn't made of green cheese. However Lord Lucan does live in a council flat in Chiswick

"I worked at Venkys (India) Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Good For Freshers,I mean it You have a freedom of doing things,making mistakes and learning from your own mistakes. World class infrastructure and you will feel it. More then 500 branches across India. Out of India its in almost every Country. Highly automated machines and latest equipment. If you are working in Pune Branch. You will have a proud of It. World's top Poultry Industry. In short Best for Freshers."

Looks like they are very sympathetic to novices. Figures.

Also looks like they have a good propaganda machine in play. In their world it seems to be tell everyone everything is great and it will be.

India is set to become the 3rd monetary super power before 2020. It's just possible this lot are just completely and utterly minted so our losses are nowt on the scale of things. Imagine if we could just fluke a decent manager get promoted, they'd chuck loads of coin at it.

Sigh.......

In theory how would it work if they(or anybody) wanted to use a football club to launder money?

Just look at our accounts since they arrived. Can anyone really afford to pour in 150 million and sit and watch flow away in another country :blink:

This is my understanding of the sate of play in Venkyland:

- Venky's makes a minimal level of profit but does so year in year out on a massive turnover. The business is maintained by a phenomenal distribution infrastructure into rural India which nobody else can match- the creation of old man Venky who died 20 years ago and amazingly continues to thrive and function.

- the 41 (or whatever it is now) non-quoted companies have as many dogs as stars amongst them. They are unlikely to be contributing dramatically to the family's net wealth.

- the old man ploughed surplus cash into land around Pune in the early'90s before the current massive boom in the city. The population is growing at double India's national average and it is a car manufacturing and IT sector hub. The land was divided equally between the three children making them independently wealthy. In fact, I understand that since Madam told Balaji he had to fund Rovers himself, the money that has gone into Rovers represents a portion of the capital gain in the value of Balaji's land holdings.

- why all this money is being ploughed into Rovers with no apparent interest in bailing out defies all legal commercial logic.

I read a good analysis of their business a while ago by an Indian stock picker.

Since their father's day they have vertically integrated the business up and down the value chain so the one publicly quoted company, (which basically hatches chickens so a low added value element) from which they have to pay dividends to outsiders, most likely has artificially low profit margins due to creative transfer pricing between the other elements of the overall company above and below it in the chain. So most of the profits would flow entirely through their private companies.

Also, while there may be some moribund companies in their portfolio, they will not be losing the kind of money ones like the vaccine business would be making, it being a very highly profitable market.

Completely agree.

1. Venky's India Ltd is not their only source of revenue.

2. They operate in a very profitable market.

3. We do not know the impact of their overseas sales figures after the acquisition of the club. Personally, I think this is the key as to why they are still sticking around.

Archived