BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

Italy there with the best opportunity of the half so far for either team, maybe that will wake the Italians up, 0-0. Germany was really caught there and fortunate Italy did not score.

I think that Gill has spoken to Sir Alex Ferguson about who to appoint and he will recommend Sam Allardyce.

if Allardyce does get the England job then who do Sunderland appoint next

I'd have no idea.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easy to focus anger on the players, but for me Everyone's Ire should be directed at Hodgeson and the FA.

It was a a young squad so needed more leadership on and off the pitch. If there is a criticisism of Rooney it's that, as a senior player he didn't lead on the pitch and rally the troops. more. But we didn't have ANY leaders on the pitch. Hodgeson just came across like an eccentric geography teacher.

The players were apparently over ruled about visiting the Somme memorial site and weren't happy. Something like that transcends football and would have galvanised the squad.

But the FA needs re structuring. As long as the corporate talking heads, agency friendly men in suites are organising things and picking the manager, nothing will change.

And finally we need to accept that England are not at the top table of football and adjust our reality.

Both teams cancelling each other out. Counter attacks are the best chance for both teams to score.

Italy need more tempo.

Giaccherini, Sunderland reject, is the one who can run behind and threaten.

Giaccherini used to work in a factory and almost gave up fball when struggling to find form in Serie C.

He used to have a long commute between his home town and training.

He asked for his old job back and his foreman refused, convincing him to keep trying.

Thought Neuer the German keeper for his size should leaping closer to the goalposts.

I wondered what he was doing, he even had extra time with the stutter/shimy went the right way yet was still a foot away from it.

Good penalty though.

That's what I've heard, the 2 yellow card rule is ridiculous.

eee9712d-fed3-43cb-a968-3d37aa13515e.jpg

Boateng to me, looks like he's got real big size out there to be caught doing that and Italy may well not have scored there, I don't think they would have.

Referee seems to be very quick with yellows for Italy, and a bit more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the Germans.

Close game, can only see a big mistake or penalties deciding this.

Referee seems to be very quick with yellows for Italy, and a bit more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the Germans.

Close game, can only see a big mistake or penalties deciding this.

Germany with one of the worst dives I've ever seen. Lino, right in front of it, gives the free kick.

• Backroom

Gutted, Buffon went the right way nearly every time then the decisive one squirms under him

Let down by a couple of idiots

Archived