BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Personally I find Wales annoying but not enough to celebrate them being dumped out. It might raise a wry smile but that'd be about it. The fact they're playing Portugal just means it's lose/lose anyway.

Personally I find Wales annoying but not enough to celebrate them being dumped out. It might raise a wry smile but that'd be about it. The fact they're playing Portugal just means it's lose/lose anyway.

Yep, The Ronaldo factor!

I'll be celebrating if they lose, if only because the whole of Glasgow seems to be supporting Wales (which I find a bit odd tbh)

So why shouldn't we do likewise?

Perhaps not. The other home nations have long lived in the shadow of England. You can't blame them for wanting to see England taken down a peg or two. If we do it, it's just mean-spirited.

Yep, The Ronaldo factor!

I'll be celebrating if they lose, if only because the whole of Glasgow seems to be supporting Wales (which I find a bit odd tbh)

I'd want them to win myself If I didn't have money on Portugal to win the whole thing. People usually root for the underdog, a lot of people dislike Ronaldo and they've done brilliantly to get his far.

Perhaps not. The other home nations have long lived in the shadow of England. You can't blame them for wanting to see England taken down a peg or two. If we do it, it's just mean-spirited.

It's not about living in your shadow per se. England's population is more than 6 times the size of Scotland and Wales' put together. England are expected to do much better than any of the other home nations so it's got nothing to do with jealously or bitterness.

It's because you say things like this -

Isn't Chris Smalling in hospital, having got food poisoning, collapsed and banged his head?

Also Dier was feeling nauseaous before the game with Iceland and had to be subbed at half time.

The display by England was rather peculiar considering they way they had been playing for the past 18 months.

I'm wondering if the whole team had some sort of sicky bug when they played Iceland.

I would normally root for a British (or Irish) side against continental opposition, and I cannot abide Ronaldo. But despite all of that I want Wales to lose tonight, based on their antics at the final whistle in the Iceland v England game.

That probably reflects quite badly on me but living in Scotland makes you a bit fed up of the 'Anyone But England' attitude and its time we treated the other home countries with the contempt they hold us in.

Seconded

Nandos are South African and the recipes are Mozambiquan.

So in the quest to be pedantic, you took the google card and missed out the end of the sentence

"Nando's is an international casual dining restaurant chain originating from South Africa, with a Mozambican/Portuguese theme"

Their site also claims

"Silhouettes and patterns are big in African design. So when we created our new look, we chose to have a local NGO design and create three beautiful patterns especially for us. To honour our roots, they have African, Portuguese and Nando’s touches in just the right places"

but no, they are not from Portugal itself, you are quite right.

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2016/July/06/barthez-england-gets-goalkeeping-wrong/n812048/

Barthez criticises England's goalkeeping; "attack the ball" to defend, that certainly is a weak link. I'd like to say Hart did well; but England do seem to run into these problems frequently. Almost all goalkeepers make a mistake though I would not readily find an error say with Buffon.

All you lot crying over Wales are pathetic. I bet you always it it large about Welsh being sheep shaggers, and were shouting for the Springboks in the rugby world cup last year. I had to listen to that crap when watching that game from loads of d--khead England fans, and most times I say my mum is Welsh. Hardcore England fans love giving it out, insulting other nations and all that but get outraged when people laugh at their misfortune (or are better at fighting in city centres).

The last few pages make you lot look as bad as Aussies after a thrashing in the Ashes.

And Nando's is South African.

I would normally root for a British (or Irish) side against continental opposition, and I cannot abide Ronaldo. But despite all of that I want Wales to lose tonight, based on their antics at the final whistle in the Iceland v England game.

That probably reflects quite badly on me but living in Scotland makes you a bit fed up of the 'Anyone But England' attitude and its time we treated the other home countries with the contempt they hold us in.

Doesn't reflect badly on you OJF, its absolute murder at times, and doesn't serve to make you sympathetic to the fortunes of the other Home nations.

But it can be quite funny at times. Ive never seen an Iceland shirt in my life before, but Ive seen 2 in the last week!

• Backroom

All you lot crying over Wales are pathetic. I bet you always it it large about Welsh being sheep shaggers, and were shouting for the Springboks in the rugby world cup last year. I had to listen to that crap when watching that game from loads of d--khead England fans, and most times I say my mum is Welsh. Hardcore England fans love giving it out, insulting other nations and all that but get outraged when people laugh at their misfortune (or are better at fighting in city centres).

The last few pages make you lot look as bad as Aussies after a thrashing in the Ashes.

Without doubt, hands down, the single worst post i have seen on the site this year.

Congrats, you've managed to see off a lot of stiff competition.

Mark Hughes giving expert summary on the pitch in Lyon, he immediately made all three of us here sit up, stop what we're doing, and listen to what he had to say about the game.

Proper manager, proper club, great times :tu:

Bellamy in the studio, best player I've seen in a Rovers shirt since Shearer, Duff would run him close though.

• Moderation Lead

Not really, old jam fan nailed it to be fair. I don't subscribe to the 'sheep shaggers' as I'm not 12. I never used to mind the Welsh until that celebration of our loss against Iceland. Now I view them in the same context as Scotland.

Archived