BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

Watched Iceland v France at the big screen in Reykjavik. Fabulous atmosphere. Everything shut at 6.00pm on the day of the game (local time KO was 7.00pm).

The homecoming was even better. Icelanders are enormously proud of their country and equally proud of their football team.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched Iceland v France at the big screen in Reykjavik. Fabulous atmosphere. Everything shut at 6.00pm on the day of the game (local time KO was 7.00pm).

The homecoming was even better. Icelanders are enormously proud of their country and equally proud of their football team.

That must have been a great experience based on the videos that I have seen on the net. good timing for a visit to Iceland

• Backroom

That must have been a great experience based on the videos that I have seen on the net. good timing for a visit to Iceland

I fly there Sunday, massively looking forward to seeing the football culture there.

I'll not annoy them by mimicking the Viking Thunderclap too much, though...

It was both a great football experience and a cultural one in the sense of how people react to the whole Iceland football journey. Also very interesting to note only one policeman at a crowd of 20,000, perhaps more, and he only breezed through on his motorbike, stopped for a couple of minutes and carried on.

Yes! If a psychologist could convince the England team that they weren't going to a tournament but simply a series of friendlys we would be world-beaters.

He would also have to hypnotise the penalty takers as well though!

• Backroom

Always, always go BBC coverage over ITV, although not tonight. Danny Murphy's first word - SWITCH! I'm sure I'm not alone. How has that clown got the top gig?

On bbc you can press red button to have radio commentary on instead

• Backroom

Always, always go BBC coverage over ITV, although not tonight. Danny Murphy's first word - SWITCH! I'm sure I'm not alone. How has that clown got the top gig?

Does a great Lawro impersonation.

Gutted about Ronaldo

The game needs the best in the world in it

Perfect summary.

Someone should snap this Sissoko up. He's got everything :P

Geordies will be miffed.

Does a great Lawro impersonation.

I'll campaign to bring Lawro back, that's how bad the incumbent is.

Murphy offers zero real insight. Nothing that we can't see.

Perfect summary.

Someone should snap this Sissoko up. He's got everything :P

Geordies will be miffed.

I'll campaign to bring Lawro back, that's how bad the incumbent is.

Murphy offers zero real insight. Nothing that we can't see.

How on earth has Murphy got this gig???

Not the best way for Ronaldo to depart, but the tears apart, how many other players has he robbed of trophies, final appearances etc with his diving, feigning injury etc.

Anyway France vs Brazil 98 - Ronaldo, best player in the world, has some kind of fit before the game and cannot play to his normal standards, France go on and win.

France Portugal 16 - © Ronaldo , one of the top 2 players in the world, bangs his knee in first 15 minutes and cant continue.....fate?

Archived