BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

No invite for you young Gavin.

Debs always says I should think before opening my gob.... :blush:

Back to the football for a minute, the commentators are taking about this atmosphere like the places is jumping, the roofs coming off, its absolutely abysmal for a host nation leading 1-0 in a semi final.

The French are certainly more passionate about football down south, unlike over here, but even they're struggling to get going tonight.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see any Rovers flags or Venkys out during the tournament?

Can't say I did?

We had both in Marseille. Saw lots of Rovers out there, sat next to some Rovers with a big flag too, was like a home game. Most I spoke too where spending their ST money on England.

Germany's won so much, 4 World Cups, 3 Euros, they are almost too dominant, always in the semi-finals.

That penalty kick really dogged them because they were dominating.

France's defence is to be commended for stopping Germany, especially in the first half but the whole game as well. This is not the first time I've seen them batten down the hatches like that.

We had both in Marseille. Saw lots of Rovers out there, sat next to some Rovers with a big flag too, was like a home game. Most I spoke too where spending their ST money on England.

Cheers for that J*B.

Hope you enjoyed the experience, despite those Russian ****s.

I was luck enough to follow the national team extensively at one point, loved it, brilliant time in my life.

A team with a proper top class centre forward with physical presence would win this tournament easily. I haven't seen one in the tournament. It's been a bit of a bore of a tournament with defences pretty much on top in every game.

France got lucky tonight, a penalty out of the blue right on half time, and a second goal caused more by Germany than good play by France. However they battled hard, defended well, and Germany missed quite a few good chances.

Cant say Im inspired by a France Portugal final, but can only hope for a bit of attacking flair.

The Germans have looked a better team and far more likely to score this tournament with Gomez up there, I'd say the moment he got injured then the writing was on the wall for tonight.

I'm not a big fan of this strikerless false number 9 shyte that it's fashionable to peddle about these days. Worked great at Barca with Messi but come on, that's Messi. Muller is a good player but he's no Messi.

Cheers for that J*B.

Hope you enjoyed the experience, despite those Russian ****s.

I was luck enough to follow the national team extensively at one point, loved it, brilliant time in my life.

Definitely an experience, nothing quite like running for your life.

There was a family of Rovers fans sat next to us with a big flag, if thats anyone here i'd be interested to know who!

The Germans have looked a better team and far more likely to score this tournament with Gomez up there, I'd say the moment he got injured then the writing was on the wall for tonight.

I'm not a big fan of this strikerless false number 9 shyte that it's fashionable to peddle about these days. Worked great at Barca with Messi but come on, that's Messi. Muller is a good player but he's no Messi.

I agree with you. Once Gomez limped off they were knackered. They've had a big lad up front in tournaments for 20 years; Bierhoff, Jancker, Klose, Gomez, Klose, Gomez. These lads didn't act as a target for long balls and flick on's as would happen in England, but to act as a target to play around. Players like Muller, Ozil, Podolski, and Schweinsteiger would find space in and around them.

It was interesting to see a relatively toothless Germany. They had some chances, including hitting the woodwork, and a couple of good saves, but they were never going to win it.

I predicted France before the tournament. I hope they can do it. Portgual haven't set the world alight, and made it their via the easy side of the draw.

Mark Clattenburg announced as the referee for the final. That's not a bad hat trick in 6 weeks is it?

FA Cup Final, Champions League Final and Euro 2016 Final.

Well done Mark !

Excellent news not only Mark but the rest of team it's a pity the English players aren't as good as the English referees.

Hear Micheal Oliver is being pushed for the world cup finals from this country.

I agree with you. Once Gomez limped off they were knackered. They've had a big lad up front in tournaments for 20 years; Bierhoff, Jancker, Klose, Gomez, Klose, Gomez. These lads didn't act as a target for long balls and flick on's as would happen in England, but to act as a target to play around. Players like Muller, Ozil, Podolski, and Schweinsteiger would find space in and around them.

It was interesting to see a relatively toothless Germany. They had some chances, including hitting the woodwork, and a couple of good saves, but they were never going to win it.

I predicted France before the tournament. I hope they can do it. Portgual haven't set the world alight, and made it their via the easy side of the draw.

I too have to hope France win it but I hate to see host countries who haven't had to qualify win tournaments. However, Ronaldo face if they win will be unbearable so France it has to be.

It sure is odd that in two straight matches, Germany is called for these high hands. That two very experienced players do that.

Podolski on the bench but hardly played in this Euro, maybe in one of the group stage games.

Looks like France got revenge for Sevilla '82;

harald-schumacher-destroys-patrick-batti

http://www.worldsoccer.com/columnists/keir-radnedge/west-germanys-culture-of-doping-kept-under-wraps-341986

The German government themselves say that the team was doping for a long time, '54 afterwards, Schumacher the goalkeeper above says he doped in the sport.

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/contisoccerworld/themes/00_fifa_wm_2010/55_dfb_stars/07_dfbstar_1982_schumacher_en.html

I'm sorry, they've caused a lot of badwill if one researches it.

That's the closest anyone came to getting my joke Mike. Am I the only one who knows the term winit?

Never mind. It's desperation when you have to explain it.

Maybe the spelling?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=21&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjA4M2aw-TNAhVhDsAKHZwPAKYQFghJMBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fviz.co.uk%2Fclag-gone%2F&usg=AFQjCNGTuen1G17vR2k4IBCm9bNwCgkyow&sig2=CgGUh2pLPCzrKHFmPVeOCg

Archived