BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Quiz Thread

Tango

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name the player who was picked to play for the Rovers and Manchester Utd in the same fixture.( I am sure I read somewhere that the same player did represent both clubs in separate fixtures on the same day as well.)

Do we have an answer to this one? I haven't got a clue

The Band of the Grenadier Guards........................maybe it was....................... The Band of the Royal Marines

The Brass band was my "standard" answer. Good question though I would say and certainly lightens the mood.

• Backroom

Name the player who was picked to play for the Rovers and Manchester Utd in the same fixture.( I am sure I read somewhere that the same player did represent both clubs in separate fixtures on the same day as well.)

Was this a testimonial of some sort?

Was he sent off after the game or at half time? Just a wild guess.

Nope

First England captain to be sent off ?

Well that is a correct answer to my question - just not the one I was looking for.

What do we do? Perth to set another Q and I'll give my answer to the above or let this one run a bit??

Nope

Well that is a correct answer to my question - just not the one I was looking for.

What do we do? Perth to set another Q and I'll give my answer to the above or let this one run a bit??

Let it run,

Is it to do with that particular game though?

It was a B league fixture and the player in question was allowed to be on both clubs books at the time because he was an amateur. I think it may have been resolved by playing for one of the clubs in the morning as an amateur and then signing pro forms for the other side and turning out for there reserve side in the afternoon.

Was this a testimonial of some sort?

I'd have a guess at Frank Stapleton in a masters match.

Masters football looks a good call - I'll go David May

see above post

It was a B league fixture and the player in question was allowed to be on both clubs books at the time because he was an amateur. I think it may have been resolved by playing for one of the clubs in the morning as an amateur and then signing pro forms for the other side and turning out for there reserve side in the afternoon.

Peter Dobing?

Archived