BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Quiz Thread

Tango

Since I can't seem to find the original, how about sharing a few Football Quiz questions?

I'll start us off with one I was asked recently.

Name the player that has scored in a World Cup, a Champions League Final, won the Premier League, the League Cup and the FA Cup with two different sides, and never been transferred for a fee (Bonus kudos if you can name the matches and clubs involved).

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I can't seem to find the original, how about sharing a few Football Quiz questions?

I'll start us off with one I was asked recently.

Name the player that has scored in a World Cup, a Champions League Final, won the Premier League, the League Cup and the FA Cup with two different sides, and never been transferred for a fee (Bonus kudos if you can name the matches and clubs involved).

Without any research I'm tempted to say Manu Petit based on the facts he scored in the 1998 World Cup final and played for Arsenal, Barcelona and Chelsea.

I want to say Kanu. Didn't he win the FA cup with Arsenal and Portsmouth?

'Fraid not.

Without any research I'm tempted to say Manu Petit based on the facts he scored in the 1998 World Cup final and played for Arsenal, Barcelona and Chelsea.

Nope. All three of the guessed players so far are in the right area...

• Backroom

It does say World Cup, not necessarily the final. That's why I went Kanu, for Nigeria.

Interestingly also won the UEFA Cup and Olympic Gold!

Ah....He's missing a League Cup win!

Does scored in a CL final mean he didn't win it?

Maybe Sol Campbell? Didn't he score for Arsenal vs Barcelona in that final?

Maybe Sol Campbell? Didn't he score for Arsenal vs Barcelona in that final?

We have a winner!

It is indeed Sol Campbell, having scored for England in a 1-1 draw with Sweden at the 2002 World Cup, in the 2006 Champions League Final for Arsenal, won the Premier League and the League Cup with Arsenal and the FA Cup with Arsenal and Portsmouth, and never cost a penny in transfer fees.

Will see if I can remember any other trivia questions, but everyone's free to volunteer!

How about, the winner has to set the question?

Name the 6 Davids (First name) to hold a Premier League medal.

David Beckham.

David Platt

David Seaman

David De Gea

Can't think of the other two though sadly!

Archived