BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footballers And Respect

I sometimes think footballers believe they are above the law and different to the rest of us.

I just say Adam Henley at Tesco Buckshaw Village. Drives up in his matt black mega £ Merc and puts it in the disabled spaces whilst he and Duffy go and buy a pumpkin.

1st class pillock.

I don't think you can tar them all with the same brush, but I would agree that we probably see more of this diva like behavior these days because of the money in the game now. Even youth players or ones in the lower divisions earn a lot of money than most people. You could I guess hearken to the past to the likes of Finney et al but I think if some of those supremely talented footballers had grown up in this modern era with all it's money and allure there is a good chance some of them would be a lot different.

There are some genuine level headed footballers out there that don't have and ego the size of a planet, haven't met any but I have no doubt they do exist.

I sometimes think footballers believe they are above the law and different to the rest of us.

I just say Adam Henley at Tesco Buckshaw Village. Drives up in his matt black mega £ Merc and puts it in the disabled spaces whilst he and Duffy go and buy a pumpkin.

1st class pillock.

Maybe one or both of them have a blue badge,

that would explain a lot !

1st class pillock.

Such behaviour from anyone is beneath contempt. They should be booed from now on in every game no matter how we are doing. Feckin b'stards. If I had seen it they would both be in a plant pot.

And take Alan 'Michael' Myers too. Degsy has a scary appearance and could loiter in the background saying nothing.

I am in a pretty dark place after yesterday and perhaps more relevant nearing the end of a blitz of catching up on 'The Walking Dead'.

Let's put it this way a week ago I hadn't seen any and I'm just about to do S06E02.

I'll scoop Degsy while it's fresh

I am in a pretty dark place after yesterday and perhaps more relevant nearing the end of a blitz of catching up on 'The Walking Dead'.

Let's put it this way a week ago I hadn't seen any and I'm just about to do S06E02.

That's some serious going!

Blimey! have you watched 7 or 8 a day?

I made it to season 3 and got board by the prison.

Back to respect, it's obvious some players don't live in the same reality as most of us,

But a lack of respect is everywhere. It's not defined by wealth or class, it's defined by upbringing and moral decency.

Back to respect, it's obvious some players don't live in the same reality as most of us,

But a lack of respect is everywhere. It's not defined by wealth or class, it's defined by upbringing and moral decency.

Very true. However, giving youngsters a lot of money is a huge risk factor, even if they were brought up in the right way.

Even the academy kids drive cars that some CEOs would struggle to afford and seem to be mollycoddled beyond belief - that must affect their perspective.

When will the bubble burst?

1st class pillock.

Funnily enough I was talking to someone who knows this lad very well on Sat night. Signed a 5 year £5 grand a week contract under coco and it didn't help him grow up any I don't think. That will be running out before long and he'll need to pull his finger out if he wants another. Nice guy by all accounts but just typical of someone who's living in a bubble.

Blimey! have you watched 7 or 8 a day?

I made it to season 3 and got board by the prison.

Often more. Just finished S06E03. I obtain stuff I've never see and blitz it if I like it. Not usually this sort of stff though. I think if I had been watching as on TV would have given up too. Watching in a short period shows programme faults - eg the Governor's eye patch is sometimes right sometimes left eye.

On the respect issue I agree. I'm sure there are plenty of overpaid footballers who are decent people.

Archived