BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Grand Day Out

Brilliant. One happy 12 year old that day

ha ha me too

3 things that struck me a bout that film ... 1- Great finish by Hendry 2- fantastic wing play by Windy Miller , knocked it round the INSIDE of the full back with the OUTSIDE of his foot and 3- the bloke near the end being interviewed about 6min in ... Thats Keith Lard from Pheonix Nights

Great day out. Great play by Miller. Great finish by Hendry. Pathetic from Charlton. Wembley was falling down.

I too thought all my dreams had come true seeing the Rovers win that day at Wembley.

It was my then girlfriends 18th birthday as well that day. I presume she had a good time as I had the time of my life.

I remember thinking Wembley was huge but it's hard to describe how basic it was, looked like a giant greyhound stadium inside. Didn't matter though it was still Wembley and we were there, never thought I see Rovers there in a million years never mind win anything.

Charlton battered us really, as expected seeing as they were a top division side but what a pathetic effort from their fans. You couldn't see them there was that few scattered about in the vast open spaces at one end of Wembley. Millwall turned up outside as well which was nice of them, presumably looking for Charlton but seeing as they didn't turn up they decided to extend a nice east London style send off to us northerners :o

Great day.

How about memories of other great travel days. Be nice to reminisce. Mine are ancient of course but a few that stick in the mind. Derby away FA Cup at the Baseball Ground. Port Vale of course 3rd division clincher. One visit to Halifax where rovers fans busted open the gates to get in. Bolton away 3rd Division with Furphy, 33k on, dodging darts.

Bloody enjoyed that. I have that shirt in my collection of classic Rovers shirts.

For anyone interested the club shop are now selling the replica full members cup final shirt. I know they brought one out for that era a few years back, but this actually has 'wembley 1987' embroided above the old red rose badge. I appreciate a replica is never as good as the original but I've just treated myself to an early Xmas present!

Archived