BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

I see it quite the other way SKH, austerity strangles economic growth. Throughout your post, I kept thinking why?

Why can't we afford it? Our healthcare and education compared to countries of less "money"?

Al- good for you but I thought interest rates had been cut, quantitive easing? Bad for savers isn't it?

For me personally, the price of my house (bought this year) could tumble but to be honest it will be at least 10 years before I move on so it matters little right now.

I'm more bothered about poverty, especially amongst children. I hope more cuts doesn't happen.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't Rovers fans put all their energies into supporting the team instead of moaning about it? I'm sure there's some psychological reason out there.

Can't help but reiterate how superficial this concern about the economy seems when the best party at handling it in recent times has been lambasted by the same group of people on every front but the economy, which has up until a few months ago barely got a mention.

Support the doctors strikes. But we can't afford their current contracts. Who cares! Support the teachers strikes. But we can't afford to pay them more to work less. Who cares! Stop cutting public services. But we can't afford them. Who cares! End austerity. But what about the national debt? Who cares! Let's leave Europe. You can't do that, what about the economy!!!

The reason is not psychological, it is Indian :)

I see it quite the other way SKH, austerity strangles economic growth. Throughout your post, I kept thinking why?

Why can't we afford it? Our healthcare and education compared to countries of less "money"?

Al- good for you but I thought interest rates had been cut, quantitive easing? Bad for savers isn't it?

For me personally, the price of my house (bought this year) could tumble but to be honest it will be at least 10 years before I move on so it matters little right now.

I'm more bothered about poverty, especially amongst children. I hope more cuts doesn't happen.

Only if you leave it in a bank account.

Abbey has you summed up correctly.- Mr. Opposite.

Fair enough. I don't know enough about economics but if I owed a huge sum of money, I wouldn't invest what i had left and then pay my debt off later when/if the investment matured. That just seems crazy to me, I'd tighten my belt and get stuck into the debt straight away. Although I accept the analogy may not be valid.

We can't afford it because our perennial budget deficit says we can't. Such was the outrage at the cuts of Osborne's latest one that if you didn't know anything about it, you could be forgiven for thinking he was Smaug guarding huge hordes of money. In reality his "brutal" budget just meant we were about £25 billion overspending this year instead of the usual god knows how much.

Why can't we do it ourselveslves ?

We can but we would have to use Airbus and it would be more expensive and they don't like us anymore :)

When can I buy that engineering company ?

Why can't we do it ourselveslves ?

Of course we can JAL. Done it loads of times.

Frank Whittle makes first jet engine in Clitheroe.

English Electric Lightning fastest jet engine fighter plane in the world. Plenty of people round here worked on that at Clayton and Salmesbury.

The trick is to resist selling out to the Yanks - English Electric bought by General Electric (GEC).

Of course we can JAL. Done it loads of times.

Frank Whittle makes first jet engine in Clitheroe.

English Electric Lightning fastest jet engine fighter plane in the world. Plenty of people round here worked on that at Clayton and Salmesbury.

The trick is to resist selling out to the Yanks - English Electric bought by General Electric (GEC).

JAL does not understand that we have the best engineers in the world in the UK, Rolls Royce, 90% of Formula 1, the list is endless

The last EE Lightning I saw was in a museum.

Meanwhile in post 23 June 2016 reality: https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/jul/12/uk-scientists-dropped-from-eu-projects-because-of-post-brexit-funding-fears?CMP=share_btn_fb

Theresa May becoming PM almost certainly means I cannot live with my wife in the UK which is an emotional blow and my spending power outside the UK is down by 20% with the tanking pound.

However, I have a verbal acceptance for citizenship in two EU states (without needing to wait for Scotland to become independent within the EU) and have taken about half a million in consultancy enquiries in the last week from high tech and academic businesses looking to leave the UK.

JAL does not understand that we have the best engineers in the world in the UK, Rolls Royce, 90% of Formula 1, the list is endless

Is it that the few best engineers are tied up in other projects is that what your saying ?

Or we simply don't have the resources and have to rely on other nations now no longer an Independent nation !

Is it that the few best engineers are tied up in other projects is that what your saying ?

Or we simply don't have the resources and have to rely on other nations now no longer an Independent nation !

Were you on the sauce when you typed that John ?

Archived