BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They spoke about having someone to run it for them it was engineering based.

Tell me more :)

Lets hope they're better than the last one :(

Do you mean last PM or last woman PM

I'm backing Leadsom too, the grinning Granny is a much better bet than May for anyone wanting the Tories out at the next election.

Not only is she against workers rights, she wants to bring back fox hunting, is refusing to publish her tax returns, has a hedge fund manager for a brother in law, and has been lying about her professional career on her cv. She doesn't strike me as being particularly intelligent.

Obviously she'd beat Corbyn, but IMO a decent centre ground Labour leader could beat her.

• Backroom

I'd back Leadsom if I was a member, May has proven on numerous occasions that she's got the bottle to do the job but it makes Cameron quitting even more pointless and annoying if we're going to have a Remain supporter in charge doing all the negotiating anyway.

I would argue that having a Remain supporter negotiate the exit might actually keep the EU a little sweeter. Whether in or out, there needs to be a relationship with the EU.

I would argue that having a Remain supporter negotiate the exit might actually keep the EU a little sweeter. Whether in or out, there needs to be a relationship with the EU.

Sacking Juncker would make the EU sweeter

I'm backing Leadsom too, the grinning Granny is a much better bet than May for anyone wanting the Tories out at the next election.

Not only is she against workers rights, she wants to bring back fox hunting, is refusing to publish her tax returns, has a hedge fund manager for a brother in law, and has been lying about her professional career on her cv. She doesn't strike me as being particularly intelligent.

Obviously she'd beat Corbyn, but IMO a decent centre ground Labour leader could beat her.

He's still there isn't he ? Thank goodness.

Look at that chump, then look at Brown, the disgraceful 'Call me Tony' and Major. Nine of them fit to carry Maggie's handbag.

Not sure about that personally. This might sound like paranoia but I've always had the impression few countries in the world have ever particularly liked us deep down ever since the Empire days. Nor do I think thats particularly relevant in high level diplomacy.

It's what can we give them and what can they give us. We can give them consumers for their manufacturing sectors, I'm sure there's something they can give us but I doubt it's as good. So when the bluster stops and emotionless hard negotiated starts behind closed doors, personally I don't think the negotiators will care less if its a former Remainer or Brexiter.

That's just my opinion though, you may well be right. I think either would do a decent job to be honest.

• Moderation Lead

He's still there isn't he ? Thank goodness.

Look at that chump, then look at Brown, the disgraceful 'Call me Tony' and Major. Nine of them fit to carry Maggie's handbag.

I never thought I'd see the day someone who wanted football fans to carry ID cards praised so highly on a messageboard by someone with 'Scouser' in their username! Crazy world, this one!

• Backroom

Not sure about that personally. This might sound like paranoia but I've always had the impression few countries in the world have ever particularly liked us deep down ever since the Empire days. Nor do I think thats particularly relevant in high level diplomacy.

It's what can we give them and what can they give us. We can give them consumers for their manufacturing sectors, I'm sure there's something they can give us but I doubt it's as good. So when the bluster stops and emotionless hard negotiated starts behind closed doors, personally I don't think the negotiators will care less if its a former Remainer or Brexiter.

That's just my opinion though, you may well be right. I think either would do a decent job to be honest.

As long as it's someone willing to maturely negotiate the exit. Though I must admit it was more of a musing than a heart-felt opinion.

Faculty, not facility.

My guess is some of the faculty are EU nationals and will go home.

33% of all University research is funded by the EU.

The reason for this withdrawal is that Britain will no longer be involved in EU decision -making so the investment is going where there will be a seat at the table.

As long as it's someone willing to maturely negotiate the exit. Though I must admit it was more of a musing than a heart-felt opinion.

Actually I've already changed my mind! May has far greater experience, the backing of the majority of the party and I tend to agree with her more than I do with Leadsome looking into her stance on things. Are you bothered who wins Mike?

• Backroom

Actually I've already changed my mind! May has far greater experience, the backing of the majority of the party and I tend to agree with her more than I do with Leadsome looking into her stance on things. Are you bothered who wins Mike?

I honestly don't like either of them. I get more disillusioned with politics with every passing day. Personally I'd start campaigning to introduce the ostracism of the most destructive politicians (as the Greeks did).

In terms of acting like an adult, Corbyn is the best prospective leader. Trouble is, he is simply not a credible leader either.

Of the two women in contention, I'd say May is the least bad option.

This "chill out, you've lost" reply to anyone pointing out the damage uncertainty is having, it just makes you sound like an idiot!

Whilst the democratic decision is taken, telling people they can't comment on the impact is ridiculous.

Archived