BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

You do know the EU plan is for Turkey to join the EU

Yes, and I suspect it would happen sooner than the 20 or 30 years suggested by Cameron, perhaps one of his deceitful messages in the campaign. There are suggestions that having Turkey as a buffer zone outside of the EU is beneficial to the rest of Europe. Evidently, it matters little.

That aside, your wilful blindness to Johnson's flaws is astounding, yoda! Do you have nothing to say to the irony of him banging on about being a Turkish descendant to pacify those who wanted to vote Remain, and then dish out that ridiculously suggestive poster?

Perhaps you have been quick to jump to a conclusion that I'm suggesting Johnson will destroy the country because he's a terrorist. Umm. Well, I'm not sure why you'd think I'd say that, but anyway... To elaborate, he'll destroy the country because he's going to be the worst Foreign Secretary this country will ever have. He is a clown, yoda. A bumbling buffon. At least if Trump gets in, we'll have closer ties with America.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and I suspect it would happen sooner than the 20 or 30 years suggested by Cameron, perhaps one of his deceitful messages in the campaign. There are suggestions that having Turkey as a buffer zone outside of the EU is beneficial to the rest of Europe. Evidently, it matters little.

That aside, your wilful blindness to Johnson's flaws is astounding, yoda! Do you have nothing to say to the irony of him banging on about being a Turkish descendant to pacify those who wanted to vote Remain, and then dish out that ridiculously suggestive poster?

Perhaps you have been quick to jump to a conclusion that I'm suggesting Johnson will destroy the country because he's a terrorist. Umm. Well, I'm not sure why you'd think I'd say that, but anyway... To elaborate, he'll destroy the country because he's going to be the worst Foreign Secretary this country will ever have. He is a clown, yoda. A bumbling buffon. At least if Trump gets in, we'll have closer ties with America.

Yep, he did a real good job of destroying London

;)

Yep, he did a real good job of destroying London

;)

You mean that job where you don't have to negotiate treaties and keep relations with important global partners? You mean how he completely fixed the housing crisis? You mean how he kept promises regarding taxpayers' money (oh, to be fair, all politicians can go in that bracket!)?

He is an X-Factor politician, yoda, but that's the flavour of the decade it seems. It's what the public want. It's amazing that, for all his mishaps, he is still voted for. If people REALLY were to vote for him as a Foreign Secretary, it would be as a two-fingers to the rest of the world. And we do seem to be in that mood at the moment.

You mean that job where you don't have to negotiate treaties and keep relations with important global partners? You mean how he completely fixed the housing crisis? You mean how he kept promises regarding taxpayers' money (oh, to be fair, all politicians can go in that bracket!)?

He is an X-Factor politician, yoda, but that's the flavour of the decade it seems. It's what the public want. It's amazing that, for all his mishaps, he is still voted for. If people REALLY were to vote for him as a Foreign Secretary, it would be as a two-fingers to the rest of the world. And we do seem to be in that mood at the moment.

London elected him twice, his plan for the new airport was inspired, taking all that pollution and risk away from the city should be a no brainer and provided space for much needed more housing. By the way more houses were built on his watch than any previous mayor.

He makes mistakes, probably lots of them, maybe because he does things.

Show me a politician that does not tell porkies for personal gain from time to time and I will show you a corpse.

If he cocks up he will be voted out or sacked, simple

You may find this uncomfortable but even in Chorley there are people who came on 3 months visas and are still here, working on the black and dodging detection, there are even more who report to the Police station every month to sign that they are still here and confirm their address, again working on the black.

A 3 month visa is like an open door because once here, or in Europe, the European courts would not allow deportation for a whole raft of reasons.

Why would I find this uncomfortable?

Why would I find this uncomfortable?

I did say may :)

I find it a bit sad really that the authorities know these people are here, sometimes for years, they make them sign on every month or two week intervals, they can be arrested at anytime and deportation procedures started, yet the authorities don't allow them to legally find work to support themselves. How do the authorities think these people survive ?

The ones I have come into contact all want to work and support themselves.

I find it a bit sad really that the authorities know these people are here, sometimes for years, they make them sign on every month or two week intervals, they can be arrested at anytime and deportation procedures started, yet the authorities don't allow them to legally find work to support themselves. How do the authorities think these people survive ?

Spot on yoda

London elected him twice, his plan for the new airport was inspired, taking all that pollution and risk away from the city should be a no brainer and provided space for much needed more housing. By the way more houses were built on his watch than any previous mayor.

He makes mistakes, probably lots of them, maybe because he does things.

Show me a politician that does not tell porkies for personal gain from time to time and I will show you a corpse.

If he cocks up he will be voted out or sacked, simple

Those who do things risk failure. I don't care if someone makes mistakes from time to time, as long as they have the courage to make the effort.

Too many of our politicians are political correct, go through the motions, never rock the boat, never take a chance, weenies. I'd rather have Boris Johnson than any number of his incredibly well groomed, too careful with their language competitors.

Those who do things risk failure. I don't care if someone makes mistakes from time to time, as long as they have the courage to make the effort.

I guess that's a good line to take if the numpty dropping the clangers is one of your own. Not so much if he's the opposition?

.. To elaborate, he'll destroy the country because he's going to be the worst Foreign Secretary this country will ever have. He is a clown, yoda. A bumbling buffon. At least if Trump gets in, we'll have closer ties with America.

Johnson is a political narcissist who lied to the people of this country during the referendum campaign and then ran away from the consequences of his actions. His appointment as foreign secretary was greeted with disbelief around the world and it's only a matter of time before this idiot puts his Old Etonian foot in his mouth again and caused more damage to Britain's reputation abroad. He will find that it is close to impossible to do serious business with serious people after you are outed as a liar. I'll give him 6 months at the most - and then finally we will have seen the back of this political buffoon for good.

OK missed the point entirely. This I completely agree with.

Too many of our politicians are political correct, go through the motions, never rock the boat, never take a chance, weenies. I'd rather have Boris Johnson than any number of his incredibly well groomed, too careful with their language competitors.

You're saying then you want politicians to be honest. I've no problem with that.

I do have a problem with Boris Johnson lieing to the country for his own political gain and instead of being dumped by his party being promoted to foreign secretary.

Your post lauds a proven liar.

OK missed the point entirely. This I completely agree with.

You're saying then you want politicians to be honest. I've no problem with that.

I do have a problem with Boris Johnson lieing to the country for his own political gain and instead of being dumped by his party being promoted to foreign secretary.

Your post lauds a proven liar.

They all lied during the referendum. It's unfair to single out Boris Johnson when all of them did it.

They all lied during the referendum. It's unfair to single out Boris Johnson when all of them did it.

...and at the end of the day Al, the people had their say. Incredible that some losers are still crying into their beer 3 weeks on.

...and at the end of the day Al, the people had their say. Incredible that some losers are still crying into their beer 3 weeks on.

Absolutely MCMC. I've been trying to say that for weeks.

Losers? Crying into their beer?

Because the country narrowly voted to leave, doesn't mean the people who voted to stay should change their minds. They are quite within their rights to continue the argument - just as the leavers still do.

The Brexit minority is tiny and the Brexiters all admitted they lied and had no plan.

Brexit means either no limits on migration, some economic damage (how much depends on the the length of the period of uncertainty) and Britain having no formal say over Europe or

Limits on migration and an economic collapse caused by withdrawal from the single market plus having no formal voice in Europe

The Lib Dems and a large part of the Labour Party are committed to fighting the next election on the basis of readmission to the EU. Election and referendum results don't somehow stop the political process or change realities- a bum deal is still a bum deal.

The reality is that triggering Article 50 means Britain gets told to sit outside and wait for what the EU27 decide. The election results in the USA and France and Italian Referendum within the next 12 months might turn a bloody awful British negotiating position into a slightly less worse one. So pragmatically and taken in combination with the ineptness of Johnson, Davis, Fox and Leadsom, Brexit is heading for the long grass without needing much of a kick from May or her new best bosom buddy Sturgeon.

Meantime Johnson has appeared to give the 30,000 folks of Gibraltar a veto over Brexit as a reward for beating Celtic.

The Brexit minority is tiny and the Brexiters all admitted they lied and had no plan.

Brexit means either no limits on migration, some economic damage (how much depends on the the length of the period of uncertainty) and Britain having no formal say over Europe or

Limits on migration and an economic collapse caused by withdrawal from the single market plus having no formal voice in Europe

The Lib Dems and a large part of the Labour Party are committed to fighting the next election on the basis of readmission to the EU. Election and referendum results don't somehow stop the political process or change realities- a bum deal is still a bum deal.

The reality is that triggering Article 50 means Britain gets told to sit outside and wait for what the EU27 decide. The election results in the USA and France and Italian Referendum within the next 12 months might turn a bloody awful British negotiating position into a slightly less worse one. So pragmatically and taken in combination with the ineptness of Johnson, Davis, Fox and Leadsom, Brexit is heading for the long grass without needing much of a kick from May or her new best bosom buddy Sturgeon.

Meantime Johnson has appeared to give the 30,000 folks of Gibraltar a veto over Brexit as a reward for beating Celtic.

It wasn't a Brexit minority. It was majority. A lot of people seem to think Boris Johnson is some kind of superman and he single handedly got the UK to vote to leave. Collective burying of ones heads in the sand if you ask me

I've yet to notice anyone crying in their beer but several continuing to argue why it's an error to leave the EU.

On the basis of your argument everyone should cease to discuss politics after an election.

I've just returned from holidaying with French friends and also met German and Swiss nationals. They say the views reported in their home media are different from the UK. EU countries want to see a very hard line taken with the UK. The view of ordinary people is their governments will give us nothing without full compliance on everything.

It may mean nothing but it's the view of the man on the street.......... and he must have got it from somewhere.

Archived