BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

• Backroom

The future is far more predictable than you obviously think, thats how bookies and stockbrokers (and Mystic Meg) make money.

The same bookies that gave more favourable odds for a Remain vote.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Leave them to it I reckon. Democracy has had its say, it's probably come as a shock to quite a few how little respect many have for it when it decides something they don't want, but there ya go.

Demanding a second referendum, hoping Scotland can veto it, multiple demos, this personal smear campaign of all pro-Brexit figureheads, and the ongoing approach of moan as loud and as long as it takes to water-down or perhaps even dismantle the exit strategy completely.

If that's how people want to behave leave them to it I say, as long as this country remains a democratic one it won't change a single thing. I'd suggest all Leave voters just abandon this thread and let the Remainers continue their communal whinge and constant news updates.

Nobody on here is demanding anything and to be honest it stands to reason that this referendum result will be talked about for ages regardless anyhow.

Is anyone really getting smeared? I'm sure the politicians have had far worse said about them before, they've got thick skins, I'm sure they'll live. You put yourself up there to be shot at and it will happen.

It seems not all university research centres are loosing finance.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/business/sheffield-university-research-centre-primed-for-growth-after-boeing-unveils-huge-investment-plans-1-8008178

Are some of your customers taking the Brexit as an excuse for ditching with your services Philipl ?

I am taking on extra staff to cope with the work helping people, businesses and institutions to leave the UK.

Had an interesting conversation with somebody who may well be on the Indian side of the table when Britain tries to negotiate a bilateral trade deal...

1) Britain might wish to ignore the provisions of article 50 but for a country like India, having strong trade and good political relations with the EU is far more important than the UK. The Indian Government therefore would be very mindful that the UK cannot legally open trade talks outside the EU until two years after Article 50 has been triggered which is the first legal opportunity that Britain can formally begin talks.

2) Of course if Britain unilaterally wants to offer a concession to India to begin talks early, they would take note.... what sort of concession?

3) Visa free access to the UK for Indian citizens, an end to discrimination against Indian students and full citizenship rights for Indians with British citizen family and spouses.

I would guess the Chinese would give a similar answer particularly in relation to the UK giving visa free access to Chinese tourists with Schengen visas.

I am taking on extra staff to cope with the work helping people, businesses and institutions to leave the UK.

Had an interesting conversation with somebody who may well be on the Indian side of the table when Britain tries to negotiate a bilateral trade deal...

1) Britain might wish to ignore the provisions of article 50 but for a country like India, having strong trade and good political relations with the EU is far more important than the UK. The Indian Government therefore would be very mindful that the UK cannot legally open trade talks outside the EU until two years after Article 50 has been triggered which is the first legal opportunity that Britain can formally begin talks.

2) Of course if Britain unilaterally wants to offer a concession to India to begin talks early, they would take note.... what sort of concession?

3) Visa free access to the UK for Indian citizens, an end to discrimination against Indian students and full citizenship rights for Indians with British citizen family and spouses.

I would guess the Chinese would give a similar answer particularly in relation to the UK giving visa free access to Chinese tourists with Schengen visas.

Give it a rest Philipl, you are making things up now, India or China does not have those kind of arrangements with other countries, why would they insist on them for the UK. The UK are well within their rights to talk to other countries about trade deals before leaving the EU for good, it's called planning, some thing the remain camp forgot/refused to contemplate, in their arrogance that nothing would upset their cosy little club. As for talking to someone who may be party to Indian negotiations, good for you but the reality is the UK will get a better deal dealing direct with India than being part of the snail pace EU, that is direct from leading Indian business people in the Pune, Nashik and Mumbai areas of India, known as the Golden triangle. They seem to be queuing up at the prospect.

Well done Phillipl That will do wonders for the British economy that you seem so concerned about.

Well done Phillipl That will do wonders for the British economy that you seem so concerned about.

I would put Philipl's claim that he is bringing about an exodus in the same bracket as Philipl's claim a few years back that he single handedly transformed the Maltese economy.

The tables will be turned in a few years when our Universities are free from EU red tape.

The free loaders will be clamouring for a peice of the action then.

Jason Coppell QC for Brexit Minister David Davis has just informed the High Court that triggering article 50 will not happen in 2016.

This means the UK will not leave the EU until 2019 at the earliest.

If Government wants to move earlier now, it will have to do so through the High Court.

• Moderation Lead

so democracy is dead and needs high court judgements .

It's not that, I think it's just a timeframe that needs to be adhered to. I just wish they'd get on with it and stop faffing about.

Apparently only MPs can trigger article90. Will they do it?

I've been saying for weeks the referendum result was "advisory" and not binding. This sudden news story regarding parliament having to agree is odd. Journalists should have known this.

479 MPs supported remain, 156 supported leave. If put to a parliamentary vote a large number of MPs are going to have to vote against their own personal belief if we are to Brexit.

Now MPs are supposed to represent their constituents best interests. If the majority in a constituency voted out or vice versa should the MP vote accordingly? Should MPs vote according to conscience and do what they believe represents their constituents best interests which might be opposite to how people voted in the referendum?

To me it's a very interesting question which only seems to have occurred to many after the referendum. Perhaps an indication everyone thought the result would be remain?

I've been saying for weeks the referendum result was "advisory" and not binding. This sudden news story regarding parliament having to agree is odd. Journalists should have known this.

479 MPs supported remain, 156 supported leave. If put to a parliamentary vote a large number of MPs are going to have to vote against their own personal belief if we are to Brexit.

Now MPs are supposed to represent their constituents best interests. If the majority in a constituency voted out or vice versa should the MP vote accordingly? Should MPs vote according to conscience and do what they believe represents their constituents best interests which might be opposite to how people voted in the referendum?

To me it's a very interesting question which only seems to have occurred to many after the referendum. Perhaps an indication everyone thought the result would be remain?

The MPs have to vote for Brexit - there would be a massive outcry if they basically veto-ed the publics wishes, even if they believed it to be the wrong decision.

What may happen is they try to negotiate the best Brexit deal they can, then that is put back to the country as a second referendum- a straight choice between the negotiated deal, or status quo. In fact, IMO thats what should have happened before the first Brexit referendum, which would have avoided those people angry that the NHS isn't getting £350m a week.

US journalists given Johnson a real grilling in a press conference at the Foreign Office today - his stupid comments in the past about Clinton, Obama and lies about Brexit coming home to roost. Watch the TV news and see him squirm - it's wonderfull to watch. All hail the power of the press.

Part of me thinks May has hung this political imbecile out to dry. How long he will last in the job ?

US journalists given Johnson a real grilling in a press conference at the Foreign Office today - his stupid comments in the past about Clinton, Obama and lies about Brexit coming home to roost. Watch the TV news and see him squirm - it's wonderfull to watch. All hail the power of the press.

Part of me thinks May has hung this political imbecile out to dry. How long he will last in the job ?

Rescued by John Kerry after seemingly trying to say that after many years of writing and saying things that are daft, that it's unfair for the press to question him on it.

Given the US are our allies, imagine what will happen in a less favourable place.

Reports in the papers tomorrow that because the UK economy will be smaller in the next 5 years as a result of Brexit there will be fewer jobs available and up to 50% fewer migrants coming into the country than anticipated. Study of migrant data over the past 25 years shows a strong correlation between the strength of the economy and net migration numbers and confirms the view that migration levels are self-correcting and were just another scare story put out by the Leave campaign.

The B of E today says they see no evidence of a sharp downturn in the economy, un employment down a further 54k as well in todays figures, lowest un employment in 12 years I think was the comment

Archived