BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

Maybe or hopefully not - we shall see.

BTW, all across Europe support for the EU has risen sharply since the Brexit vote. Europeans have looked at the anarchy and chaos here since June 23 and decided they don't want to go down the same road.

Brexit contagion - that's another of your pet theories down the pan.

Ha ha ha, you have made that up Jim.

Anarchy, Chaos !

You are talking about the streets in Germany and France yes ?

Lots of EU countries are now asking if they should have a referendum, the UK will not be the last to leave the current EU, it is a failed Bilderberg experiment.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's working brilliantly. ISAs now up £3.5 grand since the referendum. Pound recovering against the Euro. What more could I ask for?

It's likely/possible your ISA growth is due to the fall in value of the £. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when/ if the £ regains its' value.

Have a review of my private pension next Wednesday. Hopefully Brexit will not stop my retirement plan for later this year!!!

It's likely/possible your ISA growth is due to the fall in value of the £. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when/ if the £ regains its' value.

Have a review of my private pension next Wednesday. Hopefully Brexit will not stop my retirement plan for later this year!!!

It's a possibility Paul but much of my investments are UK based and they have increased too. The FTSE 100 is up to 6700 which is close to a 12 month high and the FTSE 250 is at 17,000, the same level that it was 3 months ago. If your pension is stock market based you should be fine if you get the right advice on investing it and your investment company has done it's job properly.

Maybe or hopefully not - we shall see.

BTW, all across Europe support for the EU has risen sharply since the Brexit vote. Europeans have looked at the anarchy and chaos heresince June 23 and decided they don't want to go down the same road.

Brexit contagion - that's another of your pet theories down the pan.

Ridiculous, you're losing it.

The only real chaos is within the ranks of the red half of the house.

Brexitosis: {noun}

A malady brought on by the psychological trauma of the recent vote to leave the European Union. It has afflicted large parts of the City, the economics profession and the financial press.

You may recognise the symptoms: proclamations of an imminent recession and the flight of global investors; loud pronouncements that Boris Johnson is a buffoon who will be a disaster as foreign secretary; dire warnings that there is “no plan”, that the EU won’t agree to anything and that the pound is going to collapse.

The feverish hallucinations of Brexitosis are, thankfully, beginning to recede, cured by reality.

Investors are not fleeing. Boris, David Davis and Liam Fox, the ministers charged by Theresa May with implementing the referendum result, are intelligent, capable people. This week several big investments in the UK were announced, notably the £24 billion acquisition of Arm Holdings by SoftBank. This is a demonstration of international confidence. The generous cash premium being paid for the technology group more than offsets the weakness in sterling, which is recovering anyway, and the Japanese have committed to doubling employment in the UK and retaining Arm’s Cambridge headquarters.

A plan for Brexit is emerging from the Whitehall mist. Mr Davis is the right person to be the Brexit secretary. Before entering politics, he was one of the executives who turned round Tate & Lyle in the 1970s and early 1980s. He is tough and understands business and economics. The Brexit ministry is housed in No 9 Downing Street and Oliver Robbins, permanent secretary of the nascent department, is highly regarded by colleagues.

Mr Fox’s international trade ministry is developing a list of potential trade agreements with countries outside the EU, so when Brexit is triggered we jump not into a void but into an economically attractive network of supportive relationships. My understanding is that Malcolm Turnbull, the Australian prime minister, is being helpful. One novel idea floated in diplomatic circles is that Britain could join the Trans-Pacific Partnership. If we were admitted, it would allow us to join a club that includes the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.

Mr Johnson is determined to enhance relations with the EU and its member states and to ensure that we remain members of the EU institutions where applicable, such as the open-skies agreement for airlines, the European Investment Bank or the Erasmus student exchange programme. He is multilingual, cultivated and affable and, I would suggest, better suited to this delicate task than may first appear. The British electorate has undoubtedly committed what John Bruton, the former taoiseach, has called “an unfriendly act” and we need all Mr Johnson’s charm, learning and wit to convince our allies and partners that we are leaving the EU, not Europe itself.

We must hope that the victims of Brexitosis recover during the summer holiday. They have much to contribute in making a success of the years ahead.

Cheer up Jim, there is a life after EU, just like there was before

:D

It will though, in some form.

The biggest country mentioned in the article, the USA has access to the single market without freedom of movement bolted on.

A more informed article by the Telegraph blows the Independent article out of the water for detail

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13/not-only-can-britain-can-leave-the-eu-and-have-access-to-the-sin/

Politicians are very good at kicking difficult decisions into the long grass (Heathrow being a prime example) and Brexit is likely to be another.

The biggest country mentioned in the article, the USA has access to the single market without freedom of movement bolted on.

Could that be because there's 3,000 miles of ocean in between ? :wstu:

It's working brilliantly. ISAs now up £3.5 grand since the referendum. Pound recovering against the Euro. What more could I ask for?

Country's screwed but I'm all right jack. Appalling.

Politicians are very good at kicking difficult decisions into the long grass (Heathrow being a prime example) and Brexit is likely to be another.

I see, so because the English Channel is only is only 27 miles wide and the Atlantic Ocean is 3000 miles wide, that is the criterion for freedom of movement is it ?

• Backroom

The 'I'm with stupid' emoji that he's suddenly very fond of aiming at yoda.

This has been reported a few times, so consider that a friendly reminder from K-Hod and me, jim.

But remain no longer exist, they have deceased, exited stage left, curled their toes, gone to the remain play field in the sky,

You sound like a loosing football team blaming the winning team because you lost !

Get over it, time to move on and make it work,

It was nearly 52% by the way

36%, actually

Country's fine, its Labour that's screwed. :lol::lol::lol:

Ha, you really can't get over it can you.

Why have you not tried to get every election held in the UK over turned on the same basis ?

Asinine comments.

It's not about whether I can "get over it". The statistic you quoted was factually incorrect, from the tone of your reply I would say that you don't like being pulled up on things.

The electorate were misled, the referendum was advisory only, only a third of the electorate voted to leave. On this basis we are now putting our economic stability at risk.

Perhaps those who are most vocal in trying to shout down the pro-European contingent after those who have already made their money and won't have to suffer the wanton vandalism of resigning from the eu. Rather than tolerate informed debate on the issues at hand I think the brexit crowd would rather shut that down and dance this thread for a back-slapping circle jerk of pointing and laughing at the silly eu and getting all excited about how clever Boris Johnson is

Asinine comments.

It's not about whether I can "get over it". The statistic you quoted was factually incorrect, from the tone of your reply I would say that you don't like being pulled up on things.

The electorate were misled, the referendum was advisory only, only a third of the electorate voted to leave. On this basis we are now putting our economic stability at risk.

Perhaps those who are most vocal in trying to shout down the pro-European contingent after those who have already made their money and won't have to suffer the wanton vandalism of resigning from the eu. Rather than tolerate informed debate on the issues at hand I think the brexit crowd would rather shut that down and dance this thread for a back-slapping circle jerk of pointing and laughing at the silly eu and getting all excited about how clever Boris Johnson is

No, you are factually incorrect. 52% of those who bothered to vote voted out. Are you assuming that all the abstainers would have voted to stay in? That is almost certainly incorrect.

Incidentally calling Yoda asinine should merit a ban!

Archived