BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 12% Riverside 8% Blackburn End Increase !

Sorry - but some moaning about ST prices really want your cake and eat it.

One of the few good things our owners have done is to keep ST prices artificially low.

And for those moaning they aren't going to pay for the standard of football - I'll let you into a little secret, it has been worse, and even when we had decent owners and a proper board.

BTW - What is the increase in the JW stand ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the few good things our owners have done is to keep ST prices artificially low.

And for those moaning they aren't going to pay for the standard of football - I'll let you into a little secret, it has been worse, and even when we had decent owners and a proper board.

Can you not see the principle of the matter, certainly in these times.

We are struggling to get people in the stadium. That should be uppermost in the clubs thoughts.

It's a shambles and these kinds of errors/ insults (intentional or not) could be long lasting and damaging.

People don't forget easily.

Rovers ST holder for 34 years, before you ask :P

Anyone who defends these owners for anything, needs to remember how far we've fallen and how quickly.

You just don't get it do you? Its not about standard of football alone. It's about honesty, integrity and wanting the best for the club. If the owners showed an ounce of any of those things fans would not be leaving in droves. I watch poor football at clitheroe. It costs me £7 a match, I can stand with a drink, I know half the people involved in running the club and they've made what looks like an ambitious managerial signing. It's not about performances only -= It's about hope for the coming season and the seasons beyond. what do Venkys offer us there? Nothing! they won't even talk to people who might genuinely be able to help them, relying instead on charlatans and chancers. It's no secret that Rovers have been worse. But I bet the atmosphere, the hope and the aspirations werent worse

You just don't get it do you? Its not about standard of football alone. It's about honesty, integrity and wanting the best for the club. If the owners showed an ounce of any of those things fans would not be leaving in droves. I watch poor football at clitheroe. It costs me £7 a match, I can stand with a drink, I know half the people involved in running the club and they've made what looks like an ambitious managerial signing. It's not about performances only -= It's about hope for the coming season and the seasons beyond. what do Venkys offer us there? Nothing! they won't even talk to people who might genuinely be able to help them, relying instead on charlatans and chancers. It's no secret that Rovers have been worse. But I bet the atmosphere, the hope and the aspirations werent worse

Bang on the money. This isn't about spoiled supporters moaning because we don't win football matches very often.

Its about supporters feeling de valued and not having a stake in the Club. Loyalty has its limits

Your wasting your time with that one it's twisting it now to blame fans it's got form for that. Sounds like an 'insider' preaching on behalf of the club at times.

I don't think Venky's are to blame for this decision.

I think this decision was based off what Lambert was saying and it feels like they're trying to push people into the Jack Walker Stand and Blackburn End.

It'll look a bit rubbish on TV with the Riverside empty though..

I think this decision was based off what Lambert was saying and it feels like they're trying to push people into the Jack Walker Stand and Blackburn End.

:wacko::unsure::angry2: THEY ARE TO BLAME FOR EVERYTHING ...JEEES

one of the the things which the club and whoever is left to make decisions need to be careful about, is to not mess with things such as pricing. If you give reasons and valid reasons as to why the prices have gone up, by actually relaying that message directly to fans by way of actual face to face dialogue, then things might be different.

Dont say the price of tickets are going up,and not state the reasons why. say its because of the lack of other commercial related income that cannot be met, or that certain other things have gone up, which mean that the only way to recoup or minimize the damage of what has gone up, is to push up prices of certain other things by a small percentage.

The fact that the club cannot hold sensible dialogue with the fans regarding these things, mean that the fans will for certain rebel and getting @#/? off at the way things are handled. If you can advertise high ranking positions on a website, then you can certainly explain the reasons to fans on the website as well.

I think the boardroom and Cheston made this decision, ABBEY.

But yes, Venky's are the source of all our pain.

thats correct, the Boardroom and Cheston. ie Cheston spoke to the boardroom, the boardroom said nothing back, and Cheston said okay if you dont have anything to say back to me, then ill decide for myself.

Isn't the boardroom these days just Silent Bob and Gandhi Babu? Or have Irvine and Kelly been allowed onto the board, too?

its just Cheston and the table, the chairs have been sacked as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Clap Along

They are 100% behind every decision made at Ewood. The only reason they have moved the camera is so the stadium looks less empty when their friends watch the game with them, it's basically avoiding embarrassment for them.

one of the the things which the club and whoever is left to make decisions need to be careful about, is to not mess with things such as pricing. If you give reasons and valid reasons as to why the prices have gone up, by actually relaying that message directly to fans by way of actual face to face dialogue, then things might be different.

Dont say the price of tickets are going up,and not state the reasons why. say its because of the lack of other commercial related income that cannot be met, or that certain other things have gone up, which mean that the only way to recoup or minimize the damage of what has gone up, is to push up prices of certain other things by a small percentage.

The fact that the club cannot hold sensible dialogue with the fans regarding these things, mean that the fans will for certain rebel and getting @#/? off at the way things are handled. If you can advertise high ranking positions on a website, then you can certainly explain the reasons to fans on the website as well.

thats correct, the Boardroom and Cheston. ie Cheston spoke to the boardroom, the boardroom said nothing back, and Cheston said okay if you dont have anything to say back to me, then ill decide for myself.

Cheston spoke to the boardroom and the boardroom did indeed speak back.....in Chestons own voice by way of an echo !

They are 100% behind every decision made at Ewood. The only reason they have moved the camera is so the stadium looks less empty when their friends watch the game with them, it's basically avoiding embarrassment for them.

And when they hold their star studded parties and they feel embarrassed when the half empty stands are pointed out.

'move some chickens from that pen to the other, make it look full' insist the Rao's

I'd urge affected fans not to renew. I'd urge all fans not to renew in solidarity.

A multi multi inflation busting increase on a cheap product is still an inflation busting increase no matter how club policy apologetic your leanings are

A 300 quid season ticket is still a reasonably prices season ticket no matter what you think anybodys leanings are.

There's a hell of a lot of other well justified reasons to batter the owners / club with a cattle prod but keeping ticket prices relatively low isn't one.

Season ticket prices have just been leveled out across the stadium, yes there are those that want exactly the same seat every season, but for those that don't its given them more options.

Can't please everybody and I think changes like this where needed because the place has been stagnating for too long, how its been handled could obviously have been much better though.

Yes the ticket prices have been low and remained low under the Venkys. Yes an inflationary increase is to be expected from time to time as is the case with all products and services.

However, it takes a bit of nerve and cheek to increase prices for products and services above the levels of inflation especially when the product has been systematically devalued and downsized. However cheap the tickets have proven, I haven't enjoyed many matches since Allardyce, don't feel I get value for money and often feel like I am just going purely out of habit. A bad habit involving disrespectful people I simply cannot trust. When is enough? I don't like the atmosphere, the football, don't rate the opponents, don't rate our own players and perhaps the worst feeling of all, I have absolutely no affinity with either the owners, management or the vast majority of our playing staff..

I am not renewing my season ticket next year. I'll go to work instead and use my time and resources to benefit my family. This will be a shame if someone like Warnock gets the gig as he would have been a great option at anytime in the last five years not just now and would have been worthy of all our support.

A 300 quid season ticket is still a reasonably prices season ticket no matter what you think anybodys leanings are.

There's a hell of a lot of other well justified reasons to batter the owners / club with a cattle prod but keeping ticket prices relatively low isn't one.

Sorry Ste - for me that is just a FF type of response

can't argue with the pricing ' level' as yes it is reasonably priced (in comparison to other clubs) but we re not in a comparison position

Those complaining as far as I can see are complaining about the rise after what has happened and for a very very inferior product - not the actual price

It can't be justified especially with all the funds they appear to have 'wasted themselves'

Season ticket prices have just been leveled out across the stadium, yes there are those that want exactly the same seat every season, but for those that don't its given them more options.

Can't please everybody and I think changes like this where needed because the place has been stagnating for too long, how its been handled could obviously have been much better though.

Changes are needed but at the right time - the stagnation has been caused by the loons and now they are trying to make the fans pay for it , even more than what they have done already with the misery and down right deterioration of almost everything connected with the club except for Spark Koresh and his argument for the academy status ( and even that is questionable)

Sorry Ste - for me that is just a FF type of response

can't argue with the pricing ' level' as yes it is reasonably priced (in comparison to other clubs) but we re not in a comparison position

Those complaining as far as I can see are complaining about the rise after what has happened and for a very very inferior product - not the actual price

It can't be justified especially with all the funds they appear to have 'wasted themselves'

Changes are needed but at the right time - the stagnation has been caused by the loons and now they are trying to make the fans pay for it , even more than what they have done already with the misery and down right deterioration of almost everything connected with the club except for Spark Koresh and his argument for the academy status ( and even that is questionable)

I had a horrible feeling it would be far more given a lot of ffp messages coming out and the loss of parachute payments. That's why I'm not thinking it's such a big deal for me anyway.

Tbqh you can't give tickets away nowaday's. I don't think price is the issue it's the rest of the mess.

I had a horrible feeling it would be far more given a lot of ffp messages coming out and the loss of parachute payments. That's why I'm not thinking it's such a big deal for me anyway.

Tbqh you can't give tickets away nowaday's. I don't think price is the issue it's the rest of the mess.

Agree - but don't put yourself up for a fall without your tin hat

How are you by the way?

Archived