BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 12% Riverside 8% Blackburn End Increase !

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn tickets have been very good value for money (taking away the recent problems), they are the among the cheapest in the league. If anything, I think the low prices in the past have devalued the clubs reputation if anything... though that has been masked by the dreadful leadership in recent seasons, on and off the field.

Blackburn tickets have been very good value for money (taking away the recent problems), they are the among the cheapest in the league. If anything, I think the low prices in the past have devalued the clubs reputation if anything... though that has been masked by the dreadful leadership in recent seasons, on and off the field.

Nothing devalues a Club like crackpot owners.

Incidentally, ST prices in the Bundesliga are far cheaper than the Premiership. No one says they are de valuing the product.

A 300 quid season ticket is still a reasonably prices season ticket no matter what you think anybodys leanings are.

There's a hell of a lot of other well justified reasons to batter the owners / club with a cattle prod but keeping ticket prices relatively low isn't one.

We have to be honest about it though and say they've kept them down out of grim desperation in a damage limitation job to cover the cracks. If things had gone even moderately well in their reign they'd have whacked them up at some point in the past. Let's not pretend it's anything else.

I would happy pay x2 or x3 the present price to watch us in the Premiership with decent owners and a good manager.

Under these goons I will keep my hard earned dosh in the bank and put it towards our next holiday.

how many times are you going to tell us that you're not renewing...

It's not even about being an apologist, people are allowed different views you know.

Different views allowed? Not on here these days.

It really saddens me to think that almost everything Jack provided, in terms of belief, structure, passion and atmosphere, has been totally undone. Ewood is like his mausoleum now. It lacks everything that it was.

Personally I don't mind a slight price increase in the slightest. We're losing money hand over fist.

I do mind:

1) A poor managerial appointment

2) The squad not being completely revamped and brought up to strength.

3) If Brown were to be offered new terms

All 3 factors you mention above Rev will ensure that the debt continues to climb and that the increase in ticket prices will not keep pace with the losses.

If the price increases were part of an overall plan to make Rovers competitive again, fans would embrace them.

As things stand they alienate us further. Higher charge for inferior product will not work.

Personally I don't mind a slight price increase in the slightest. We're losing money hand over fist.

I do mind:

1) A poor managerial appointment

2) The squad not being completely revamped and brought up to strength.

3) If Brown were to be offered new terms

Very much agree with this apart from Chris Brown. I know he's not good enough but it's not his fault we bought him and he shouldn't get the stick he does.

As for price rises? When was the last time STs increased? £20 is hardly a lot. I understand folk are angry but the price increase is being blown out of all proportion and used as yet another opportunity to beat the club and Venky's. I'm no supporter of theirs, haven't been since day one, but this place is getting very hard to read on any subject.

What I think is worth being angry about is the FS business. Now I've thought about this it's enough to stop me going. If I went on my own I would lose my seat, as I take my disabled son it currently looks like 50/50 losing our seats. I'm not though prepared to sacrifice my son's pleasure so we will probably end up moving.

In a nutshell if I went alone this is the final straw and I would stop. Given my family circumstances I'm sure we will continue after making a lot of fuss to retain or achieve equivalent seats.

I can't though see any justification for forcing either the FS or JWL fans to move. In particular I think the JWL fans are getting a very poor deal, worse than the FS people who should have been told they can have any available seats in the JWL. Cleay there is a cost issue but that should be relatively simple to overcome - we virtually giveaway under 16s STs as it is - and currently there are very few children in the JWL.

Apologies to the FS fans but I can't see any reason why JWL supporters should be expected to move for you. Obviously I know it's not your fault.

20 pound may not be a lot but the principles and cheek of the bar stewards in India are disrespectful and a @#/? take out of fans . It's a case of not what's best for rover but how can us who own Venky FC step on the peasants throats some more .

How many fans combined are directly or indirectly affected by moving the FS to the JWL ? The best part of a thousand probably, a very risky strategy when relations between club and fans is so fragile and the football side of things has been poor and set for yet another big downgrade.

So I agree it's yet another ignorant arrogant clueless move from above. The attitude now from the owners has never been clearer, like it or lump it. Said it before in the past but this lot wouldn't care if their team played everyweek in an empty stadium as long as they can continue to use the club to cook their books or whatever it is they're up to.

Doesn't affect them in the slightest they are aren't sat there watching it in an empty shell.

Well it makes the stadium look a bit less desolate I suppose..... Surely that's better than sitting them up in the gods where they have zero impact.

Both upper tiers are redundant for 90% of our matches now. As much as I hate to say it, we may as well save a bit of money and keep them locked up with the lights turned off.

B/S. We will lose hundreds of season tickets by moving them to where they refuse to go.

Tesco's motto is every little helps, ours is every little hinders.

Yes ticket prices have been great, and are still very reasonable but what a time to put them up - after the worst season since we're down. To help a promotion push in either of GBs 1st 2 years, to help vs ffp last year all much better reasons than now.

Mind you my counter argument is they've devalued the product so much any kind of rise is not really on. And this time to do so after a set of huge devaluing cutbacks is even more unethical.

How many fans combined are directly or indirectly affected by moving the FS to the JWL ? The best part of a thousand probably, a very risky strategy when relations between club and fans is so fragile and the football side of things has been poor and set for yet another big downgrade.

So I agree it's yet another ignorant arrogant clueless move from above. The attitude now from the owners has never been clearer, like it or lump it. Said it before in the past but this lot wouldn't care if their team played everyweek in an empty stadium as long as they can continue to use the club to cook their books or whatever it is they're up to.

Doesn't affect them in the slightest they are aren't sat there watching it in an empty shell.

I don't think anyone knows what the owners motives are - but they give some very mixed messages, on the one hand they move the FS with no consultation, on the other hand they kept junior tickets prices the same (for some stands actually lowered). When you take into account the JW reduction - the overall increase isn't really enough to make too much difference to the clubs income.

B/S. We will lose hundreds of season tickets by moving them to where they refuse to go.

It will be interesting to see how many we lose - at the end of the day when your son or daughter still wants to go to Rovers - what are you going to do, tell them they can't go because you don't like where the new FS stand is ? Bottom line most kids will probably still want to go irrespective of the stand - for many the downside won't be as apparent as it is to their parents.

They promised to protect the Jack Walker Legacy..they have done nothing of the sort.

We were left a sound solid football club with the right people in charge on all levels....now look at us.

Hear hear !

get it down as your signature SG

Received a call from the club this morning. Disabled or not we have to move though the ticket office will try to find us equivalent seats in the DE side of the JWL

Please add me to the list if very annoyed fans.

Surely it would have been simpler to just move the FS fans in to the JWL and give them their usual ST deal.

Archived