BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 12% Riverside 8% Blackburn End Increase !

Could someone ask (haha ) the pig ignorant arrogent punatics how they can JUSTIFY inflation busting ticket rises for an inflation busting cost for a rubbish quality of service on and off the pitch .

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ST prices are some of the cheapest in the whole of the football league Abbey. Have a go at the owners by all means, but not about admission prices surely?

Won't affect you anyway, will it?

Thing is, if we were doing well nobody would complain, Den nor would we complain if we could see money being spent on decent players who might give us a chance of promotion. Problem is being asked to sit somewhere you don't want to sit, to watch an inferior product and then being asked to pay more for it. I don't think it's the owners decision though. It's surely down to the accountant running us

ST prices are some of the cheapest in the whole of the football league Abbey. Have a go at the owners by all means, but not about admission prices surely?

an increase is an increase ....crap is crap

Of course we can. Why do you think they have been increased? Certainly not to invest in the team.

Sit anywhere at Hudsersfield for £179 with a dynamic forwRd thinking manager and board.

Or for £100 more come watch a team dictated to by the whim of clueless owners.

The prices are being increased to try and attempt to get this club to fall in line with other clubs in this league. A season ticket in the Riverside is still around £100 cheaper than it would be in the corresponding area at Molineux, Deepdale, City Ground etc.

Its fine to complain about the dross that was served up last season, but the club can't be expected to indefinitely keep prices low on the basis that we haven't been successful on the pitch. Something's got to give in the era of FFP and a slight price increase is to be expected.

Thing is, if we were doing well nobody would complain, Den nor would we complain if we could see money being spent on decent players who might give us a chance of promotion. Problem is being asked to sit somewhere you don't want to sit, to watch an inferior product and then being asked to pay more for it. I don't think it's the owners decision though. It's surely down to the accountant running us

Yep, yep and yep. They're still comparatively cheap though. Nothing really to complain about with the actual prices, but of course I do accept that Chesterton/the owners are probably completely out of touch with how rovers fans feel about what's happening at the club.

Our ticket prices are very, very good. Venkys have accelerated the huge decrease in season ticket holders over the past 5 years, but let's not forget that even during the fantastic Mark Hughes days the club was giving away tickets at £15 for 3 games in the Prem.

A small town club with a stadium capacity way beyond it's fan base, except for glory years of 1994/1995, a (rare at the time) derby against the Dingles, a big cup game or a visit of Manchester United.

The realisation is that the Blackburn End Upper may as well become redundant - it makes business and 'atmospheric' sense to me to have the kids and families closer to the action.

As for the prices..... I really think it's the least of our worries.

• Moderation Lead

As much as any increase is unwelcome given the poor quality of the product on the pitch and shambles off it, I still think our tickets are cheap. As such, any increase whilst at these prices would look big percentage wise. As JHRover said in the other thread, look at what other (Northern) teams in and around our league placing are paying.

In any event, the ticket pricing matters little when so many have voted with their feet already, so it's all relative.

Our ticket prices are very, very good. Venkys have accelerated the huge decrease in season ticket holders over the past 5 years, but let's not forget that even during the fantastic Mark Hughes days the club was giving away tickets at £15 for 3 games in the Prem.

A small town club with a stadium capacity way beyond it's fan base, except for glory years of 1994/1995, a (rare at the time) derby against the Dingles, a big cup game or a visit of Manchester United.

The realisation is that the Blackburn End Upper may as well become redundant - it makes business and 'atmospheric' sense to me to have the kids and families closer to the action.

As for the prices..... I really think it's the least of our worries.

how does having kids closer to the pitch improve the atmosphere? Large numbers of the kids I've seen don't even watch the match. They run about along the front of the stand most of the time.

how does having kids closer to the pitch improve the atmosphere? Large numbers of the kids I've seen don't even watch the match. They run about along the front of the stand most of the time.

Well it makes the stadium look a bit less desolate I suppose..... Surely that's better than sitting them up in the gods where they have zero impact.

Both upper tiers are redundant for 90% of our matches now. As much as I hate to say it, we may as well save a bit of money and keep them locked up with the lights turned off.

Well it makes the stadium look a bit less desolate I suppose..... Surely that's better than sitting them up in the gods where they have zero impact.

Both upper tiers are redundant for 90% of our matches now. As much as I hate to say it, we may as well save a bit of money and keep them locked up with the lights turned off.

Yep. Get the vacuum out if we draw Manure or Liverpool in the FA Cup.

Not if large numbers don't renew because they don't want to sit where they can't see. And you really can't see anywhere near as well down there. And if those who don't want to sit where kids run about don't renew either, then it'll look no more full. Why not empty the JW into the Blackburn End and keep the cameras where they are? Then your stadium would look even Fuller, te darwen end standers could stay there, the people in the jw could relocate anywhere else in the ground.

fans walking away, and you increase season tickets, and you relocate them... That is a business model that is utter madness imo. Your aim is to fill seats, and even if the club is in a mess, you try and win the fans back by engaging with them, and bring pricing down, rather than increasing them. Once you have established a sustainable and effective plan, then you can gradually increase ticket prices.

Its madness to use this sort of structure, when fans have already had enough of the way the club is run. You cannot anger fans further, instead it should be the opposite, and you have to drive your thinking to a level that would be acceptable to the fans. As of now, whether its a % increase or 25% increase, its bad timing, and it wont mend any broken bridges already in place with many fans.

The fans are the pillars that hold up this club, but they are moving away and the club is wobbling. Soon it will collapse because the structure will no longer be there.

The price of goods or services are directly related to the quality or demand of said services, so we'll see if ST prices are cheap when they start selling. And its a cast iron guarantee that ST sales will be down on last years.

So market forces would indicate they aren't cheap.

They are cheap in comparison to many other clubs but they have a lot of stuff we don't have like a properly constituted board, a proper management structure, a clear definition of who does what, fans who have not been totally alienated, a full squad or one that will be full by the start of the season. They have hope for the future, owners who, even if they're nutters, actually seem in their own strange way to want the best for the club, and a plan, however limited, going forward. We have almost nothing to give us anything to look forward to, poor performances, nobody to complain to if we're not happy, nobody who actually cares about us. We are lied to and disregarded and they expect us to be happy to pay more for the privilege

The prices are being increased to try and attempt to get this club to fall in line with other clubs in this league. A season ticket in the Riverside is still around £100 cheaper than it would be in the corresponding area at Molineux, Deepdale, City Ground etc.

Its fine to complain about the dross that was served up last season, but the club can't be expected to indefinitely keep prices low on the basis that we haven't been successful on the pitch. Something's got to give in the era of FFP and a slight price increase is to be expected.

What has got to give is the Punatics leaving

• Moderation Lead

A multi multi inflation busting increase on a cheap product is still an inflation busting increase no matter how club policy apologetic your leanings are

It's not even about being an apologist, people are allowed different views you know.

What ever the price, people need to start asking them selves are they happy to be handing money over to such a shambolic and chaotic organisation?

Im not knocking loyalty to the Club or to those that will renew, and I'd happily pay much more if we had owners I could trust. But In most walks of life, we are careful where we spend our money and would be wary of handing our hard earned to a business that we didn't trust.

Before long Blackburn Rovers are going to feature on Rouge Traders, the way they are going.

Archived