BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Survey - The Results!

The Rovers Trust has published the results of its season ticket survey and they are on the homepage of www.roverstrust.co.uk or this link (hopefully):

http://www.roverstrust.com/2016/05/24/first-major-rovers-season-ticket-survey-reveals-massive-discontentment-major-opportunity/

1,238 fans responded and there's some thought-provoking answers about season ticket intentions and the Seneca offer.

That's moved on this afternoon, obviously, but not in any way that's positive for the club.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to publish that statement is out of their depth in so many ways.

We are back to where we always end up - no communication equals massive dissatisfaction.

At a glance the survey seems a bit flawed to me because it was only trust members and people on the trusts mailing lists that took part in it wasn't it? and i imagine many of those people are pretty like minded in regards to rovers, It would have been more enlightening if random season ticket holders had taken part

At a glance the survey seems a bit flawed to me because it was only trust members and people on the trusts mailing lists that took part in it wasn't it? and i imagine many of those people are pretty like minded in regards to rovers, It would have been more enlightening if random season ticket holders had taken part

It was open to anyone, the link was posted here a couple of times ...

how many more arguments are you intending to start today..your more argumentive than any ex wife.

cheers Stubbs, i didn't know, i recieved and took part in the survey email as im still on their mailing list due to being a member when they initially set up the scheme, i hadn't noticed the survey anywhere else, the surveys still very interesting regardless though.

cheers Stubbs, i didn't know, i recieved and took part in the survey email as im still on their mailing list due to being a member when they initially set up the scheme, i hadn't noticed the survey anywhere else, the surveys still very interesting regardless though.

If you've not got one, you need a girlfriend.

Or pay for one.

Someone needs to release the backed up tension that makes you so niggling.

If you've not got one, you need a girlfriend.

Or pay for one.

Someone needs to release the backed up tension that makes you so niggling.

Maybe he should be called BJ Hooker?

I'll get my coat (and no offence meant TJ lol)

Though the results are a clear message to the owners, I still wouldn't say it is a representative sample.

The kind of Rovers fans that would be minded to voluntarily reply to such a survey are more likely to be more engaged and more aware of the shenanigans around the club than a lot of other supporters- the kind of fans that simply watch the team on a Saturday and renew out of habit.

Nearly a quarter of all who responded have never had a season ticket!

Er, no. About 165 respondents said they'd never had a season ticket. Many fans don't because they live away from Blackburn, can't get to all home games, don't want to go to all home games, lots of reasons.

We thought it would be an interesting and timely exercise to get a snapshot of how fans were thinking at the end of another tough season.

We don't believe the owners or people at Ewood Park really understand the depth of feeling among supporters.

The survey was also about trying to get a picture of how many fans broadly support the idea of investing in the club under different owners.

So around 500 of that survey are ST holders and roughly 200 say they will not renew. That's damning enough surely ?

But of course we've got apologists running around looking for positives and trying to dress it up as nonsense. Give over, just take a good look around the ground on the first home game next season then have a re-think. Then prepare for even worse on a wet Tues night in November at home to Fulham or someone !

Sad times.

Er, no. About 165 respondents said they'd never had a season ticket. Many fans don't because they live away from Blackburn, can't get to all home games, don't want to go to all home games, lots of reasons.

We thought it would be an interesting and timely exercise to get a snapshot of how fans were thinking at the end of another tough season.

We don't believe the owners or people at Ewood Park really understand the depth of feeling among supporters.

The survey was also about trying to get a picture of how many fans broadly support the idea of investing in the club under different owners.

Check again Q.3

Actually 27% have never had a season ticket. I think I'm right, let it go.

• 1 month later...

The Rovers Trust has published the results of its season ticket survey and they are on the homepage of www.roverstrust.co.uk or this link (hopefully):

http://www.roverstrust.com/2016/05/24/first-major-rovers-season-ticket-survey-reveals-massive-discontentment-major-opportunity/

1,238 fans responded and there's some thought-provoking answers about season ticket intentions and the Seneca offer.

That's moved on this afternoon, obviously, but not in any way that's positive for the club.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to publish that statement is out of their depth in so many ways.

We are back to where we always end up - no communication equals massive dissatisfaction.

It has been abundantly clear for a long time that the only real action that has any hope of bringing the fan base back to the Club with any semblance of hope is the Seneca deal which seems to have Rovers Trust backing as a fans body.

This might not be ideal in everyone's world as a solution to all our ills. But this Club has gone so far back since these Pune clowns came in that ideal is pure fantasy .

This was a body of people with financial muscle and the apparent wherewithal to deliver a structure that meant something to many many long suffering supporters.

I am not alone in still feeling disgust at the way these charlatans dealt with that episode from Cheston, Pasha , venkys .That statement about being committed to the further advancement of the club still makes my stomach churn.

That was a backable campaign that many people on this MB and in the wider fan base were desperate to happen.

Is this the closest thing we have seen so far that as fans , Rovers Trust -the vast majority feel they could unite behind? There has been no real alternative that comes close as far as I can see.

Venkys out , venkys out is fine but to be replaced by who and what?

Should we not all be mounting some concerted campaign on all fronts urging these buffoons to speak to Seneca. It just feels at the minute that we are all of the same opinion about the current owners but that seems to be the kind of thing that at least most people would be happy to campaign for as opposed to the simple cry for them to go. In other words go ...because there is an alternative the fans want to back and put weight behind??

Just so frustrated and desperate for something to happen that is vaguely positive for the first time in 6 years.

It has been abundantly clear for a long time that the only real action that has any hope of bringing the fan base back to the Club with any semblance of hope is the Seneca deal which seems to have Rovers Trust backing as a fans body.

This might not be ideal in everyone's world as a solution to all our ills. But this Club has gone so far back since these Pune clowns came in that ideal is pure fantasy .

This was a body of people with financial muscle and the apparent wherewithal to deliver a structure that meant something to many many long suffering supporters.

I am not alone in still feeling disgust at the way these charlatans dealt with that episode from Cheston, Pasha , venkys .That statement about being committed to the further advancement of the club still makes my stomach churn.

That was a backable campaign that many people on this MB and in the wider fan base were desperate to happen.

Is this the closest thing we have seen so far that as fans , Rovers Trust -the vast majority feel they could unite behind? There has been no real alternative that comes close as far as I can see.

Venkys out , venkys out is fine but to be replaced by who and what?

Should we not all be mounting some concerted campaign on all fronts urging these buffoons to speak to Seneca. It just feels at the minute that we are all of the same opinion about the current owners but that seems to be the kind of thing that at least most people would be happy to campaign for as opposed to the simple cry for them to go. In other words go ...because there is an alternative the fans want to back and put weight behind??

Just so frustrated and desperate for something to happen that is vaguely positive for the first time in 6 years.

Committed owners would be ignoring FFP like half the league and investing in the team not trousering every pound that comes their way.

He's insulting the fans' intelligence with comments like that. And I know for a FACT that the club is up for sale (at a ridiculous price). (From connections with those indirectly involved with Seneca.)

Edited by OJRovers, 17 July 2016 - 23:48 PM.

If the clubs truly for sale at a crazy amount, then surely the answer is YES! They'd have to be completely off their heads to think they'd get THEIR investment back...

Their, the main word there! It's important when people say they're "trousering" the money.

I'm not defending them either, I just think it's a strange con to lend a business 80+million, borrow 20+m to keep it running against your other assets (as its a foreign bank) and take the odd 5m out...

I genuinely think that we've got conned billionaires with no intention of admitting it. Where that leads us is the biggest problem we face.

Edit - just realised this isn't the Venkys stupid thread, but I suppose they are all the stupid Venkys threads...

Lets create another fans group, only invite only certain groups and get Councillor Bill to slag off the 'Venky out brigade' on twitter.

Keep talking whilst Rome burns below, thats the spirit :tu::angry2:

Archived