BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Byrne

Absolutely especially when he hasn't achieved anything in football to date.

You show me Byrne's career profile to back him up then .

Have you fallen for it bloody ?

Woahhhhh..i wait and watch with my own eyes and then make opinions ..not pluck them out of thin air like you seem to be doing ..

You ve knocked the lad down before a ball is kicked,you re no different than those who you are being critical over saying hes a good un.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So come on then, give us your full assessment of Jack. How many times have you seen him play by the way? Is he right or left footed? Quick or slow? All the stuff that's enabled you to write him off before a ball has been kicked.

And for the avoidance of any confusion I've never seen him play. I'm not defending him, just more interested in giving him a fair crack of the whip.

But if JAL has seen him and can tell us all about his (lack of) strengths and (many) weaknesses then maybe it will be a good idea to boo him onto the pitch for his first game. No, course it wouldn't.

Absolutely especially when he hasn't achieved anything in football to date.You show me Byrne's career profile to back him up then .

You'd think he'd have broken into City's first team by now wouldn't you JAL? Not much quality in that midfield is there?

As for your second sentence - please tell me that you have seen him play? Don't tell me you've not just done a Wiki search?

Bob I'm not writing him off just question what he said. Chaddy throws it out and the word promotion is used. These agents have masters degrees in communication Bob, so they can more or less twist anything yet the bottom line from what I've seen over the past few years is its poor and with these comments from a young lad who hasn't done anything on the pitch so far should be pulled up on.

I'm not suggesting anyone should boo the lad, far from it, but already my suspicions are raised wits his remarks. He should keep his head down and get on with it let his football do the talking like they use to in the past.

Have you seen him play?

Some people want to get a grip of themselves on here. Jack Byrne used the promotion word (not bloody Chaddy). What do people want / expect him to say?

If he says the aim is promotion - "ridiculous, who are they trying to kid!"

If he says 10th will be great. "Lack of ambition, why are we bringing people in who are aiming for 10th"

If he says we're in a relegation scrap "losers, everyone out"

How does 8th sound as a target? Will that be ok for everyone?

So whatever he says he's doomed to fail. Why say anything then I hear you cry? Well let's go again, a bloke in the pub says Jack Byrne has refused to do an interview with the LT - who the hell does he think he is. Jumped up blah blah blah blah blah etc

Bob I'm not writing him off just question what he said. Chaddy throws it out and the word promotion is used. These agents have masters degrees in communication Bob, so they can more or less twist anything yet the bottom line from what I've seen over the past few years is its poor and with these comments from a young lad who hasn't done anything on the pitch so far should be pulled up on.

I'm not suggesting anyone should boo the lad, far from it, but already my suspicions are raised wits his remarks. He should keep his head down and get on with it let his football do the talking like they use to in the past.

Have you seen him play ..or is it just another chance of Chaddy baiting ..?

Hmm...

Woahhhhh..i wait and watch with my own eyes and then make opinions ..not pluck them out of thin air like you seem to be doing ..

You ve knocked the lad down before a ball is kicked,you re no different than those who you are being critical over saying hes a good un.

Yeh ! I'm going to knock anyone and everyone who talks about promotion before the final six games unless at that point the team is in with a great chance of achieving it.

Hope that answers your question.

Yeh ! I'm going to knock anyone and everyone who talks about promotion before the final six games unless at that point the team is in with a great chance of achieving it.

Back to the player ..have you seen him play Jal..?

BlooBoy: *JAL, have you seen him play?*

Tom: You *don't* have to answer that question!

JAL: I'll answer the question!

[to BlooBoy]

JAL: You want answers?

BlooBoy: I think I'm entitled to.

JAL: *You want answers?*

BlooBoy: *I want the truth!*

JAL: *You can't handle the truth!*

Bob: Where's that Demi Moore gone?

BlooBoy: *JAL, have you seen him play?*

Tom: You *don't* have to answer that question!

JAL: I'll answer the question!

[to BlooBoy]

JAL: You want answers?

BlooBoy: I think I'm entitled to.

JAL: *You want answers?*

BlooBoy: *I want the truth!*

JAL: *You can't handle the truth!*

Bob: Where's that Demi Moore gone?

Next question Jal ..WILL you actually get to see him play with your own eyes ...??

In fairness, he doesn't need to mention anything quite as bombastic as promotion.

Why not? Surely that's what we all want even if we don't achieve it.

He's hardly going to come in and say "I've come here for a bit of a relegation battle and hopefully some mid table mediocricty" is he. If he has, then that isnt the sort of player you want.

Have you seen him play?

Some people want to get a grip of themselves on here. Jack Byrne used the promotion word (not bloody Chaddy). What do people want / expect him to say?

If he says the aim is promotion - "ridiculous, who are they trying to kid!"

If he says 10th will be great. "Lack of ambition, why are we bringing people in who are aiming for 10th"

If he says we're in a relegation scrap "losers, everyone out"

How does 8th sound as a target? Will that be ok for everyone?

So whatever he says he's doomed to fail. Why say anything then I hear you cry? Well let's go again, a bloke in the pub says Jack Byrne has refused to do an interview with the LT - who the hell does he think he is. Jumped up blah blah blah blah blah etc

You're talking far too much sense today bob - you clearly aren't on message with the conspiracy theories. Shame on you!

Why not? Surely that's what we all want even if we don't achieve it.

Because it's unrealistic and insulting to every fan who grasps the situation we're in. Just say you're looking forward to having a good season, no more.

He's hardly going to come in and say "I've come here for a bit of a relegation battle and hopefully some mid table mediocricty" is he. If he has, then that isnt the sort of player you want.

So it has to be one extreme or the other?

Because it's unrealistic and insulting to every fan who grasps the situation we're in. Just say you're looking forward to having a good season, no more.

The lad has a bit of ambition even if you don't.

• Backroom

Given JAL's record of slagging off younger players for us (Jones and Hoilett immediately spring to mind), perhaps I should've known better than to react...

Stop trying to justify your season ticket.

Why should I try to justify my season ticket? Why are you on here if you don't go to matches?

Why should anybody have justify having a season ticket on the BRFC Supporters website !

Because buying a season ticket is endorsing the owners and every decision they make.

Why should I try to justify my season ticket?

Post-purchase rationalization.

I know that supporting Blackburn Rovers is a difficult concept for you to understand but this is a Blackburn Rovers supporters forum. The clue is in the word supporters.

Shouldn't you be saving someone from a burning building, Superfan?

Archived