BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Byrne

The young lad sounds like a @#/? head already.

Venkys Coyle and the agents out NOW !

Jal, have you seen him play live ever?

what type of player is? is he midfield playmaker or box to box midfielder?

Bob I'm not writing him off just question what he said. Chaddy throws it out and the word promotion is used. These agents have masters degrees in communication Bob, so they can more or less twist anything yet the bottom line from what I've seen over the past few years is its poor and with these comments from a young lad who hasn't done anything on the pitch so far should be pulled up on.

I'm not suggesting anyone should boo the lad, far from it, but already my suspicions are raised wits his remarks. He should keep his head down and get on with it let his football do the talking like they use to in the past.

Where did I used the word promotion Jal?

The lad has come here and perform well hopefully? at least he is showing some much need ambition instead of talking about just staying up.

IMO, its shows that he wants to achieve something here

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Research shows chaddy that Rovers have a young Irish lad Bryne, who's comitted to another club, has never played at this level of football against grown men spouting oFF before hes proved himself capable to play not only at this level but first team football in OUR blue and white jersey.

Bloody hell Jal he's a young lad at a big club with bags of positivity. And that's a bad thing apparently.

By all means go for the jugular where necessary but now some are just blindly lashing out at anyone associated with the club.

Haven't we enough issues without making new ones up?

Research shows chaddy that Rovers have a young Irish lad Bryne, who's comitted to another club, has never played at this level of football against grown men spouting oFF before hes proved himself capable to play not only at this level but first team football in OUR blue and white jersey.

didn't he played in the Dutch top division last season. I am quite sure that they were grown men in that league.

He was showing ambition and trying to achieve something here and he go spouting your mouth off moaning cos a player wants these things.

Bloody hell Jal he's a young lad at a big club with bags of positivity. And that's a bad thing apparently.

By all means go for the jugular where necessary but now some are just blindly lashing out at anyone associated with the club.

Haven't we enough issues without making new ones up?

Prove yourself before your go talking shyte has to be the message sent out to young Jack Byrne and any gullible supporters.

Not judging the lad either way, but playing devils advocate, there will be very few on here, if any that have seen him play extensively. So we'll ALL have to reserve judgement.

Nothing wrong with positivity, but there can be a fine line between optomism and misplaced bravado. JB probably needs to wait till we've got a full squad before he sticks his neck out.

Like Amarillo points out the team hasn't been assembled yet to give an answer Bob, but loanees aren't the way forward.

Not really no. But how on earth can the club buy players with the FFP rules in place and our gates?*

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record (that would never wash on here would it?) our gates - even based on last season - would pay for nigh on nothing. Perhaps 4 players wages? Yet you, and others, expect signings?!?! It's not 1992 anymore mate. We're 100 MILLION POUNDS in debt - and rising.

So give it a miss in the meantime. Hopefully the fairy godmother will turn up again with a shed load of free cash and you'll see fit to come and watch. Cos gates of 8k will get you nowhere in this league. In fact gates of 15k will get you nowhere either. But we can only try. As for your boycotting mate Amarillo - does he even know where Ewood is?

BTW, next time I see you, I'll get the first pint in. All this typing, this chat would have been sorted in 10 mins in the pub and we'd have moved on to England.

(* yes, I'm fully aware whose fecking fault it all is. We all are.)

Anyway, look at the state of this thread now. Welcome Jack!!

Not really no. But how on earth can the club buy players with the FFP rules in place and our gates?*

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record (that would never wash on here would it?) our gates - even based on last season - would pay for nigh on nothing. Perhaps 4 players wages? Yet you, and others, expect signings?!?! It's not 1992 anymore mate. We're 100 MILLION POUNDS in debt - and rising.

So give it a miss in the meantime. Hopefully the fairy godmother will turn up again with a shed load of free cash and you'll see fit to come and watch. Cos gates of 8k will get you nowhere in this league. In fact gates of 15k will get you nowhere either. But we can only try. As for your boycotting mate Amarillo - does he even know where Ewood is?

BTW, next time I see you, I'll get the first pint in. All this typing, this chat would have been sorted in 10 mins in the pub and we'd have moved on to England.

FFP only seems to apply to us though.

Stop trying to justify your season ticket.

I'm sorry amo, but what right have you got to question season ticket purchases? I'd imagine the same as me. Seeing as we live in adjacent cities miles away from Blackburn. We may support, but we don't feel the sufferance local fans feel. I have an opinion like anyone. But it's not our town which has suffered. Personally I don't feel like I have the right to question folk who part with their well earned cash for season tickets.

Sorry Bob but that's the owners task to provide the money and expertise required to gain promotion, yet after six years, if, they think that a joker like Coyle is the answer then it's a pish take and far less people should be going to games.

Sorry Bob but that's the owners task to provide the money and expertise required to gain promotion, yet after six years, if, they think that a joker like Coyle is the answer then it's a pish take and far less people should be going to games.

Yes, they should be providing the money, £100m of it perhaps? Will they write that off? We have to hope so and I'm sure the Bank of India hope so as well.

FFP - it certainly feels as though it only applies to us. The sooner it's scrapped the better. "It's there to protect the clubs" - well it didn't help Bolton and it hasn't helped us. And I very much doubt it'll help those clubs who are relegated from the Premier League and don't return within 4 years either.

Expertise. Absolutely agree. It's not a word the Raos are familiar with though I'd suggest.

Coyle. He wouldn't have been my choice either. Nowhere near.

You may not have noticed but far less people are going to games.

So in summary we have to decide between us whether FFP actually exists and is a real thing.

This is desperately shocking stuff.

Too right Bob.

Never have I read so much rubbish on this site.

It seems like every thread gets hijacked by those who don't aftually want to see anything positive and just enjoy having a dig at those who are trying to support the team. As someone said, this is after all a supporters forum.

Because buying a season ticket is endorsing the owners and every decision they make.

Post-purchase rationalization.

Shouldn't you be saving someone from a burning building, Superfan?

You really haven't yet got the hang of reasoned argument have you?

Too right Bob.

Never have I read so much rubbish on this site.

It seems like every thread gets hijacked by those who don't aftually want to see anything positive and just enjoy having a dig at those who are trying to support the team. As someone said, this is after all a supporters forum.

So we ignore the rape and pillage of our club and only post positive views ? Ok

What amazing owners we have ... Is that positive enough for you ?

I'm sorry amo, but what right have you got to question season ticket purchases? I'd imagine the same as me. Seeing as we live in adjacent cities miles away from Blackburn. We may support, but we don't feel the sufferance local fans feel. I have an opinion like anyone. But it's not our town which has suffered. Personally I don't feel like I have the right to question folk who part with their well earned cash for season tickets.

To be fair that applies to both sides of the debate. But the site would be a lesser place (i.e. Roverstalk) without both sides.

To be fair that applies to both sides of the debate. But the site would be a lesser place (i.e. Roverstalk) without both sides.

It's easy to take a moral high ground about not buying season tickets when the decision is made for you by proximity. That's all I'm saying. I feel I can have an opinion about the club I support. Same as anyone else. Be it a fan living close enough to open their curtains and see Ewood Park or one who opens their curtains to see Sydney Opera House. But I don't have any right to talk about people choosing to buy season tickets. Because the decision is made for me.

It's easy to take a moral high ground about not buying season tickets when the decision is made for you by proximity. That's all I'm saying. I feel I can have an opinion about the club I support. Same as anyone else. Be it a fan living close enough to open their curtains and see Ewood Park or one who opens their curtains to see Sydney Opera House. But I don't have any right to talk about people choosing to buy season tickets. Because the decision is made for me.

I don't see a problem with talking about people buying (or not) season tickets as that can stimulate some good debate irrespective of their locations. The vast majority of regulars I guess would have thought long and hard about renewing/not renewing and for a variety of reasons will or will not renew.

I am not renewing but I have no issues with anybody who is.

Perhaps not, but by the same token you couldn't talk about how it feels for a Blackburner and 40-plus year supporter to watch their hometown club be destroyed, while the vandals that did it remain here, and have a feeling of hatred and betrayal such that the only option they feel they have is not to attend.

Perhaps not, but by the same token you couldn't talk about how it feels for a Blackburner and 40-plus year supporter to watch their hometown club be destroyed, while the vandals that did it remain here, and have a feeling of hatred and betrayal such that the only option they feel they have is not to attend.

That's my point Stuart. I stand to be corrected but I don't think you'd find a post from me criticising anyone for that stance. I have an opinion on boycotting in general, but as the decision isn't mine to make I think it's best to avoid the discussion. Hence my original post.

Archived