BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Byrne

A signing that we have all been expecting for a while but the lad deserves his own thread right?

I'm quietly optimistic about the signing. I feel he will add some much needed quality in at the middle and while he may lack some consistency, if he can adapt to the Championship then it could be an astute signing.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched this guy quite regularly in last seasons Eredivisie, where he played in the centre of midfield for Cambuur Leeuwarden. In this team, which was by far the worst in the league, he was their stand-out player. He created a lot of chances by his good passing and can create goals by himself because of his good shooting/positioning. Definitely a player that can get 'stuck in', although he's not the biggest/toughest, he shows some heart. Not sure if he's 'Cairney-quality', but in the position of attack midfielder he can most definitely be very useful for us. Must be said that the level of Cambuur can be compared with the level of the bottom half of the Championship, maybe even little bit worse, so don't expect a world beater.

I watched this guy quite regularly in last seasons Eredivisie, where he played in the centre of midfield for Cambuur Leeuwarden. In this team, which was by far the worst in the league, he was their stand-out player. He created a lot of chances by his good passing and can create goals by himself because of his good shooting/positioning. Definitely a player that can get 'stuck in', although he's not the biggest/toughest, he shows some heart. Not sure if he's 'Cairney-quality', but in the position of attack midfielder he can most definitely be very useful for us. Must be said that the level of Cambuur can be compared with the level of the bottom half of the Championship, maybe even little bit worse, so don't expect a world beater.

Really good to get a true insight :) Many thanks.

Yet to see an article that doesnt rave about him. Form various sources to.

On the face of it, this seems like a really good signing.

I guess we will soon find out

It's the football industry all young footballers have money signs over them with vested interests, so who's going to cut off their nose to potentially lose lots of money plus turn the spending punters off.

• Backroom

The young lad sounds like a @#/? head already.

Venkys Coyle and the agents out !

Is it possible you could talk about a young player without being outright abusive having not seen them play?

Not knocking him but hes 20, hardly an emerging gem,

Just another young agents bit ch on the footballing gravy train.

Is it possible you could talk about a young player without being outright abusive having not seen them play?

Too right you should let your football do the talking seems a big problem with football today.

All talk with nothing to back it up with in reality.

Throwing in words like promotion are bang out of order ok with a few games to go and your up there but not before a ball has been kicked or the team assembled.

Too right you should let your football do the talking seems a big problem with football today.

Throwing in words like promotion are bang out of order ok with a few games to go and your up there but not before a ball has been kicked or the team assembled.

What do you want him to say JAL "I've come here for a relegation dogfight"?

How the f**k do you know hes just "another young agents bi tch on the gravy train"..?

Have you seen him play ???

To use your quote ..you re "all talk with nothing to back it up with in reality" JAL..

In fairness, he doesn't need to mention anything quite as bombastic as promotion.

Absolutely especially when he hasn't achieved anything in football to date.

How the f**k do you know hes just "another young agents bi tch on the gravy train"..?

Have you seen him play ???

To use your quote ..you re "all talk with nothing to back it up with in reality" JAL..

You show me Byrne's career profile to back him up then .

Have you fallen for it BlooBoy ?

Archived