BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Byrne

Like Amarillo points out the team hasn't been assembled yet to give an answer Bob, but loanees aren't the way forward.

Assembling a Championship team without loanees is completely unrealistic these days, even Middlesbrough had 5 last season.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry amo, but what right have you got to question season ticket purchases? I'd imagine the same as me. Seeing as we live in adjacent cities miles away from Blackburn. We may support, but we don't feel the sufferance local fans feel. I have an opinion like anyone. But it's not our town which has suffered. Personally I don't feel like I have the right to question folk who part with their well earned cash for season tickets.

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference whether a long distance fan like myself "boycotts". I used to make an effort to attend away days down south but it's the locals whose absence would be felt if they decided to make a stand. Instead, they choose to keep handing over their hard-earned money and supporting the status quo.

You really haven't yet got the hang of reasoned argument have you?

Maybe I would if you stopped playing the 'loyal supporter' card for five seconds.

• Moderation Lead

Like Amarillo points out the team hasn't been assembled yet to give an answer Bob, but loanees aren't the way forward.

Loanees aren't the way forward, you're right. Though you'd be the first to admit that we have no money, so what else are we to do in order to recruit players bar free transfers??

Think there is a thread for renew or not debate...

So Jack - will he be a starter do we think based on the current squad?

I would think that Man city would be rather annoyed if Byrne isnt a regular .The whole idea is to help Rovers out and bring on Byrnes development so yes i think he will probably start and see how he goes.

• Backroom

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference whether a long distance fan like myself "boycotts". I used to make an effort to attend away days down south but it's the locals whose absence would be felt if they decided to make a stand. Instead, they choose to keep handing over their hard-earned money and supporting the status quo.

Maybe I would if you stopped playing the 'loyal supporter' card for five seconds.

So what's the stance on me and my dad going? We go because we enjoy it and it's something we've done for 21 years. I'll be damned if I'm going to let any feelings about Venkys stop our routine in my precious final few years with him.

So what's the stance on me and my dad going? We go because we enjoy it and it's something we've done for 21 years. I'll be damned if I'm going to let any feelings about Venkys stop our routine in my precious final few years with him.

Some people have mitigating circumstances, Mike. If you're happy with the product, that's your call. If you oppose Venky's and everything they stand for, vote with your feet, do something. Just blindly renewing and hoping for the best won't change a thing.

Correct, it won't change anything. But I honestly don't believe losing an extra £2m or so per season will change anything either.

The financial side of things is only one aspect of it. An empty stadium would send a message from the fans that Venky's aren't welcome. When you have a few hundred fans protesting outside the ground or attendances gradually dwindling, it's easy to sweep it under the rug. But when you have the fans boycotting en masse, it would generate a lot of bad publicity for the owners and they would have to react, pure and simple.

Your continually dig at people who continue to support their football club really tells us all we need to know about your attitude to the club. For people like Abbey and arbitro the decision to boycott has been a painful one. For yourself, boycotting games just seems to be your normal behaviour. Please put me on ignore.

The financial side of things is only one aspect of it. An empty stadium would send a message from the fans that Venky's aren't welcome. When you have a few hundred fans protesting outside the ground or attendances gradually dwindling, it's easy to sweep it under the rug. But when you have the fans boycotting en masse, it would generate a lot of bad publicity for the owners and they would have to react, pure and simple.

Is that it? That's your fix to the problem is it?

IMO you're in cloud cuckoo land.

Sacking a proven manager in Allardyce - that was embarrassing

Being stitched up by Anderson and Kean - that was embarrassing

Losing £100m in four 5 years - that's embarrassing

Being a laughing stock on Sky Sports News for being "confused" - that's embarrassing

Being smacked on the face by a snow ball - yep

Henning Bergs contract gaff - aye

Barry Rao - check

Employing Shebby Singh, letting him loose on the radio, addressing the fans at KGH - someone kill me now, that was so embarrassing it was untrue

But your idea is to have empty seats at Ewood and you reckon they'll sell up - cause of the bad publicity?!? This lot are in bed with bad publicity, they're drinking buddies, they go on holiday together!

But fair enough. People have to do what they think is best.

Is that it? That's your fix to the problem is it?

IMO you're in cloud cuckoo land.

Sacking a proven manager in Allardyce - that was embarrassing

Being stitched up by Anderson and Kean - that was embarrassing

Losing £100m in four 5 years - that's embarrassing

Being a laughing stock on Sky Sports News for being "confused" - that's embarrassing

Being smacked on the face by a snow ball - yep

Henning Bergs contract gaff - aye

Barry Rao - check

Employing Shebby Singh, letting him loose on the radio, addressing the fans at KGH - someone kill me now, that was so embarrassing it was untrue

But your idea is to have empty seats at Ewood and you reckon they'll sell up - cause of the bad publicity?!? This lot are in bed with bad publicity, they're drinking buddies, they go on holiday together!

But fair enough. People have to do what they think is best.

Surely it's a better idea than sitting on our hands whilst everything goes to @#/?? Seems the majority are happy to give up and wait for it all to blow over. Where BRFC will be by the time that happens, God knows.

As for Jack Byrne, I hope he's decent. He looks a bit lightweight but we won't know until he's playing.

You enjoy it ? Time with your dad I get .. Watching the @#/? served up these days I don't get . There's nothing enjoyable .

Assembling a Championship team without loanees is completely unrealistic these days, even Middlesbrough had 5 last season.

Exactly, its just part of the game at this level now, prem clubs have massive squads and due to the pressure theyre under to stay in the league they cant risk fielding to many untested players so the only real way the youngsters can get serious game time is by going out on loan,

Though as i already said the other day we've only currently got 2 players on loan havent we! Which is nothing. Weve signed 3 permanent players(all experienced first team players to boot) but thats barely getting discussed(appart from the absurd 'hate feeney brigade'

Would the likes of jal prefer it if these loan players went to other clubs in this league and strengthened their squads and we just went back to signing crap like petshi, koita, marrow, delfonueso, brown, vardy, taylor...

The financial side of things is only one aspect of it. An empty stadium would send a message from the fans that Venky's aren't welcome

It would send a very different message to the rest of the footballing world(especially fans visiting teams)

I deleted the rest of your post because its irrelevant, it sadly will never happen, even those that are "boycotting" havent shown any signs of organising any match day protests or anything

Exactly, its just part of the game at this level now, prem clubs have massive squads and due to the pressure theyre under to stay in the league they cant risk fielding to many untested players so the only real way the youngsters can get serious game time is by going out on loan,

Though as i already said the other day we've only currently got 2 players on loan havent we! Which is nothing. Weve signed 3 permanent players(all experienced first team players to boot) but thats barely getting discussed(appart from the absurd 'hate feeney brigade'

Would the likes of jal prefer it if these loan players went to other clubs in this league and strengthened their squads and we just went back to signing crap like petshi, koita, marrow, delfonueso, brown, vardy, taylor...

I wouldn't mind if we signed him...

It would send a very different message to the rest of the footballing world(especially fans visiting teams)

I deleted the rest of your post because its irrelevant, it sadly will never happen, even those that are "boycotting" havent shown any signs of organising any match day protests or anything

The players will do the protesting TJ when Steele is continually picking the ball out of the net.

A good few are going to make a concerted effort to attend away games while boycotting home games. The hope is to make away games sell outs, and they can hopefully turn into noisy protests against Venkys management of the Club. It would benefit from being organised and a statement being put out to put it in context.

But the disparity between big away followings and low home attendances, wouldn't go unnoticed imo.

Stop trying to justify your sanctimonious reasons for not going.

Ffs you've only got aboard the clucking Venky love bus ... How many games did you attend over the past few seasons?

hehe

meant varney, but that said, even if we signed vardy tomorrow some would but a negative spin on it

Christ your Venky bandwagon love fest is sickly

Does anyone have any idea how Jack Byrne baby Byrne will fit into a system? I know the topic of choice these days is "why we hate Venkys" but I'm still none the wiser (bar the one post about his spell in the Dutch league).

Left or right footed? Can he play out wide? Set piece taker etc?

I'm hoping he is adept at playing an advanced central midfield role as Graham really holds the ball up well - someone who can utilise the time and space around the box from the centre.

I think Evans would be the natural DM to play with a more attacking centre mid, but I could see us playing 5 in midfield with just Graham upfront, especially away - and extra especially if we don't get another striker to go with him and stokes.

• Backroom

I recall Evans and Lowe playing very well as the DMs in a 451 system, with Cairney as the AM.

Perhaps worth revisiting? Didn't we batter Bolton and Barnsley at home doing that? Obviously Byrne in Cairney's place...

I recall Evans and Lowe playing very well as the DMs in a 451 system, with Cairney as the AM.

Perhaps worth revisiting? Didn't we batter Bolton and Barnsley at home doing that? Obviously Byrne in Cairney's place...

No !! man for man Mike E your formula will show up inadequacies.

Archived