BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Backlash...?

• Moderation Lead

Whatever footwear gets released, they can never ever be as bad as Nike Huaraches (sp?). They look like a rejected prototype from the Back to the Future movies.

Also worn exclusively by douchebags.

Good knowledge Neal! Gary Aspden has named a lot of his designed clothes after areas around here. (Settend Spezial, Harwood, Haslingden etc). His instagram is worth a follow, you're right!

Also

https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Adidas-Darwen/dp/B00HS3WUD2

http://www.endclothing.com/gb/adidas-spezial-tockhole-jacket-m63745.html

There's rumours, in my head, that he's working on a £750 winter jacket, one of those with a hood and those glasses built in. You know the type. Working title: Adidas Ewood Working Men's Club.

Its good that you do Chaddy, i'm glad there are Rovers fans that still choose to go that still get enjoyment out of it. Theres nothing wrong with going footy ajd having a booze up, it's just some of the bahviour from some of them thats poor.

It all boils down to what happens on the pitch for most people i suppose but unfortunately our off field issues affect what we see on the pitch... Like Hanley leaving. Totally hope Coyle performs some sort of magic and gets us up the table like Brighton last season, it would be a much deserved break for our fans. Hopefully some of the boycotters (like me) will enjoy a few beers and away day wins this season.

On the casuals thing. A guy who designs for Adidas called Gary Aspden is from Darwen, they reissue a lot of classic adidas stuff, they even released a jacket called 'The Harwood'... You can follow him on instagram for those who have it, he's also mates with people like Ian Brown and Liam Gallagher. I've met quite a lot of young lads who taken to the whole 'casual' thing and the attitude that goes with it. Some actually even call themselves 'spezials' after the style of trainer and make flags with their club badge 'Rovers Spezials'. It's not the clothes that are the issue, I own a bit of Adidas, it's the attitude that they choose to take with it. In some ways I empathise, growing up in a town with no nightlife, nothing to do and the only thing there was to be proud of is slowly being distroyed in front of them... They're a product of their environment, much like many of them were back in the 70'/80's but they wont be anywhere near as bad.

The town in the 70's/80's had a great nightlife. The main thing" to do" was going to work.

The town in the 70's/80's had a great nightlife. The main thing" to do" was going to work.

Worked hard and played hard rigger.

Great music scene, unemployment was still quite high but most mates had jobs, YTS's, NF, Skinheads, Punk, miners strike and that b1tch Thatcher, all gave the countries youth a reason to be angry in one way or another.

Not sure many of those reasons can be used today, but football will always have a 'lad culture'

Gary Aspden is a really sound bloke, met him loads of times at various events. One of the collections was named solely on East Lancs places of interest, there was another jacket called the Mellor. He still goes to Rovers, mainly aways, saw him at Bolton away last season with a load of the old proper 'faces' that would scare half the indetikit wannabe casual kids kids half to death

An original Darwen Casual!!! He turned his life around after a pretty rough time and has become very successful. Fair play to him.

Archived