BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

Suggest setup an inbox for fans on here to pm questions only.

That way they are private from prying eyes and also we wont be arguing about each others views.

Then the chosen few (5-10 people)should meet up in a place to go through them and agree meeting strategy before writing response to club.

I still think a neutral from fsf or sd could be invited as a guest of one of the fan groups.

We are not WAR. No need for inactivity. It can be done today. Questions by midnight Friday.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would you approach the meeting? I'm going to approach the meeting with an open mind as I've never met either Mike Cheston or Owen Coyle either formally or informally. IF (and its a big if), I'm one of the two permanent members of the BRFCS panel, then how I would approach the second meeting would very much be determined by how the club approach the meeting in terms of what sort of questions and the clarity in which they answer them. There is no point walking into the meeting (or any meeting for that matter) on the first occasion thinking that someone is A, B or C as that would generally cloud my judgement and probably sub-consciously how I approach the meeting.

What do you think it will achieve? It wouldn't be prudent to prejudge how whoever represents the club is going to approach the meeting, however would hope that the answers provided (given that the club are selecting the questions they wish to answer) are as honest as possible. What the meeting will achieve is very much in the hands of the club.

:brfc:

You're going to approach it with an open mind??

This is a tick box exercise forced upon the club by the authorities. Fans groups should release a collective statement as to why they're not attending and that's that.

I'm stunned after everything that's happened we still want talks, it's to late for talking.

Cheston and Coyle are highly paid Venky employees, they can offer absolutely nothing but smoke blowing up fans arses, to attend shows fans have learnt absolutely nothing over the past 6yrs.

Boycott the bleedin thing, let's get serious about protesting.

This is a tick box exercise forced upon the club by the authorities. Fans groups should release a collective statement as to why they're not attending and that's that.

I'm stunned after everything that's happened we still want talks, it's to late for talking.

Cheston and Coyle are highly paid Venky employees, they can offer absolutely nothing but smoke blowing up fans arses, to attend shows fans have learnt absolutely nothing over the past 6yrs.

Fight the power, i'm with you!

I'll vote for anyone who can assure me they'll arrive wearing a LOVE ROVERS, HATE VENKYS t-shirt, deliver a vote of no confidence then walk out.

you clearly don't agree with anybody attending which I can entirely understand, so no matter how I said I was going to approach it wouldn't of sat well with you.

It might be a case that every group of supporters who attend come away thinking it was a waste of time and therefore collectively decide not to bother attending the second meeting?

Fight the power, i'm with you!

I'll vote for anyone who can assure me they'll arrive wearing a LOVE ROVERS, HATE VENKYS t-shirt, deliver a vote of no confidence then walk out.

It needs to be done professionally and by all the supporters groups.

Sadly we still have far to many 'star gazers' still involved and I fear a boycott is the furthest thing from some minds.

you clearly don't agree with anybody attending which I can entirely understand, so no matter how I said I was going to approach it wouldn't of sat well with you.

It might be a case that every group of supporters who attend come away thinking it was a waste of time and therefore collectively decide not to bother attending the second meeting?

Can we not walk in every time and (assuming) there isn't Pasha or a Venky there, say:

"Unfortunately there still isn't a representative in this room that has the power to make key decisions without authorisation. Therefore, we are left with no option but to deliver another vote of no confidence in the current regime. The people in this room have overseen the biggest decline in Blackburn Rovers history. We will attend the next meeting and look forward to direct representation from the Owners, or ideally the Owners themselves."

If we start boycotting the meetings they'll just use it as evidence that the fans are happy. We need to be in every single meeting, refusing to talk to Cheston/Coyle/Coar as they have failed us so far.

I got that point loud and clear, but once you've been the moment has been lost, it's no different to the jolly up to Pune.

It should be boycotted and explained why.

The time for talking has gone, it's now time for the fans to stop talking and actually do something Andy.

Agreed Gav but perhaps have 2 people turn up, read a statement of no confidence on behalf of the fans, explain there will be no meeting or anymore meetings, before leaving ask if the 'owners' are now actively looking to sell.

• Backroom

I'd love to know what anybody has heard or seen so far from Cheston or Coyle to make them think this chinwag be anything other than a waste of time. It's pretty obvious both are completely out of their depth and far removed from where the real decisions are made. Without anybody representing the owners at the meeting (Cheston doesn't count) it is without question a waste of time and arguably damaging to the protest movements as it gives the likes of Cheston and Coyle a shred of legitimacy they simply haven't earned and don't deserve. Nobody should need to attend to realise that, open mind or not.

There is no point walking into the meeting (or any meeting for that matter) on the first occasion thinking that someone is A, B or C as that would generally cloud my judgement and probably sub-consciously how I approach the meeting.

Venkys, Pasha, Coyle, Cheston - they are all A, B and C! You've witnessed it over the past 6 years.

We need someone to go in that @#/? room and cause a @#/? storm. Mulllaaaaaannnnn!

Agreed Gav but perhaps have 2 people turn up, read a statement of no confidence on behalf of the fans, explain there will be no meeting or anymore meetings, before leaving ask if the 'owners' are now actively looking to sell.

Either way Neal as long as fans don't sit down and hold the meeting like the club wants.

Jumping to the clubs tune is the last thing we should be doing, if fans attend then forget the protesting, it's just hot air.

I got that point loud and clear, but once you've been the moment has been lost, it's no different to the jolly up to Pune.

It should be boycotted and explained why.

The time for talking has gone, it's now time for the fans to stop talking and actually do something Andy.

wondered how long with would take before someone brought that up again...we clearly aren't going to agree, although I don't think we are actually that far apart. Just for a record, neither my son or me have a season ticket and have only attended friendly and league cup matches.

wondered how long with would take before someone brought that up again...we clearly aren't going to agree, although I don't think we are actually that far apart. Just for a record, neither my son or me have a season ticket and have only attended friendly and league cup matches.

He has got a point - although I realise it touches a nerve as the Pune9 had all the right intentions.

The reality is that this football club are happy to play the fans. They've done it time and time again and we keep falling for it hook line and sinker.

The message is simple - if there isn't a Venky in the room, deliver a vote of no confidence and leave. Continue to do this until theres Venkys/Pasha in the room.

Nothing personal Andy, it's a general point really, time for talking is over, we need action not words.

Can we not walk in every time and (assuming) there isn't Pasha or a Venky there, say:

"Unfortunately there still isn't a representative in this room that has the power to make key decisions without authorisation. Therefore, we are left with no option but to deliver another vote of no confidence in the current regime. The people in this room have overseen the biggest decline in Blackburn Rovers history. We will attend the next meeting and look forward to direct representation from the Owners, or ideally the Owners themselves."

If we start boycotting the meetings they'll just use it as evidence that the fans are happy. We need to be in every single meeting, refusing to talk to Cheston/Coyle/Coar as they have failed us so far.

the sections in bold could very well be a way forward, however you'd need every group attending to participate in this and personally I've no idea on the thoughts of the other groups attending. Once the BRFCS 'group' has been put together then some progress could be made on this. Would be interesting to see the response from the club if every group attending submitted the same single question in terms of attendance from an official representative from Venkys and NOT somebody based at Ewood...

Agree totally...from second meeting onwards if it goes in that direction.

But always attend.

And not for this first meeting.

the sections in bold could very well be a way forward, however you'd need every group attending to participate in this and personally I've no idea on the thoughts of the other groups attending. Once the BRFCS 'group' has been put together then some progress could be made on this. Would be interesting to see the response from the club if every group attending submitted the same single question in terms of attendance from an official representative from Venkys and NOT somebody based at Ewood...

We can't control what the other groups do - in fact I can guarantee it won't happen, as unfortunately there are still people out there that believe it can all be sorted out via talks with the owners.

What we can control is what BRFCS does. If people are being elected to represent BRFCS, then they are being asked to represent me.

I agree with you Andy on how to play the meeting. Take as the first one with open mind.

It is the first one in terms of being one of the new bi-annual meetings and having guidelines.

Nothing personal Andy, it's a general point really, time for talking is over, we need action not words.

the stark reality is, whether you like it or not, is that not enough people are prepared to take direct or indirect action on a matchday and/or at a protest.

I said to a club official just after relegation, if this had been along the M65 you would of had public disorder situation on your hands at the ground. As unpopular and unpalatable it is to think, write and read they (in general) would of had more balls about taking direct action against what was happening at their club. Rovers fans (in general) are far too passive.

Maybe, just maybe that was a consideration when we were 'selected'?

Gav, I reckon everyone agrees totally on that.

I'm sure this meeting can be used to our advantage if we play a better game than the opponent.

Lets give it a chance and go from there. That's my stance.

• Backroom

Gav, I reckon everyone agrees totally on that.

I'm sure this meeting can be used to our advantage if we play a better game than the opponent.

Lets give it a chance and go from there. That's my stance.

This would only be relevant if somebody like Pasha was there. If it's just Cheston and Coyle you'd have just as much influence talking to the tea lady or the kitman. There's no game to be played with these two, except one that wastes everybody's time.

It wouldn't even be relevant if Barry White rolled up because they're liars, they lied to the fans forum, they've lied to the fans and they'll continue to lie until they're taken to task.

Wake up people.

This would only be relevant if somebody like Pasha was there. If it's just Cheston and Coyle you'd have just as much influence talking to the tea lady or the kitman. There's no game to be played with these two, except one that wastes everybody's time.

Million percent agree.

That's why we should be pressing now for the club to confirm who will attend.

Pasha was requested. I know of no response but there may have been one.

If they don't respond I take it that Cheston simply doesn't know. Whether he even asked the question and was ignored or didn't bother I don't know.

Maybe that's the answer.

Have two approaches laid out.

1. Pasha is there.

Ask questions and see how it goes.

If necessary read statement.

2. Pasha isn't there.

Read statement.

Perhaps the questions we ask should all be to him.

We have to submit a list of attendees and questions for the agenda...right. The response could be :-

Lay out attendees.

Request / insist on Rao or minimum Pasha attends.

Q1 to Pasha....?

Q2 to Pasha....?

Etc etc.

i.e. No questions to Cheston or Manager. If Pasha doesn't go then obviously it leaves us no choice but to read the following statement.

What do you think?

Yup

It wouldn't even be relevant if Barry White rolled up because they're liars, they lied to the fans forum, they've lied to the fans and they'll continue to lie until they're taken to task.

Wake up people.

Exactly, they've been forced to have this meeting, it will be with a bunch of people who have no power or are serial liers! You think they're actually going to listen to us? And what are these special words that can be said to fix it all? The thing is a farce, lets stand together and say "up yours".

Nothing matters but them leaving.

Archived