BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

Imo a flat out boycott of the meeting plays directly into the hands of the owners. They get to say the meeting went ahead and went well.. and all is right in the world.

Its now about setting the right agenda, asking the right questions snd getting the answers off the right people.

but what if most people on here want a boycott?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imo a flat out boycott of the meeting plays directly into the hands of the owners. They get to say the meeting went ahead and went well.. and all is right in the world.

Its now about setting the right agenda, asking the right questions snd getting the answers off the right people.

At last I can see where you and others are coming from on this but can't see how they can say the meeting went well without proper explanation if there was a Boycott - especially if a statement has been given from the fans and highlighted to the media and FA for that matter ahead of the meeting

From what people on here have posted though (as I don't do all the social media rubbish so can only take this info) it wouldn't be a full boycott though which is the crux.

If attendance has to be , it needs to be a case of playing Savvy which I hope is what you are getting at and it has to be with camera/film + statement which Jbizzle and Glen have mentioned + others.

Personally, I still feel a full out boycott would gain more and should be what is aimed for though if not purely just to shove two fingers upto them all to show enough is enough , we don't trust any of them and there is no point of discussion

Been said enough times - they have had plenty of opportunity to discuss - forget all the faffing about and questions of this and that as its all irrelevant

There should be a mission statement and that should be it - final

**WE WANT THEM OUT**

Simple

Do they, Abbey? I think we need to turn up but be very clear that if it's only Cheston and Coyle plus a few random people roped in to make up the numbers then there is no conversation to be had. A total boycott won't happen. Other supporter groups will turn up. Unless they boycott too, the meeting will go ahead giving everything a semblance of normality and denying us an opportunity to make a point.

Questions for cheston and coyle.

1. When was the last time either spoke to the Rao's either in person or by phone?

2. Who is currently highlighting Rovers transfer targets

3. Who is negotiating contracts for new or current players ?

4. Why was Coyle appointed without the prior knowledge of Cheston. Who recommended him to the owners if no one seems to be able to make contact with them?

5. What happened to job advert which was put out for an advisor for the owners ? Was Pasha just given the role?

6. What qualifies Cheston or Pasha to be making footballing decisions regarding recruitment?

7.Has Cheston got any power to make a single decision regarding the day to day running of the club, including sacking the manager?

8. What would be the difference if Cheston was not there?

9. At what point does Coyle walk away?

Won't get any honest answers to any of these , which is why we need owners or representatives in the room.

Sorry Glen

You confuse me at times , as from your postings and contacts for me I feel you would have the answers to most if not all of these

Why the need for these questions - as surely the agenda should be direct purely at addressing selling the club and getting them out?

Or is this a stick to the hornets nest ?

How does a boycott enable the club/owners to say the meeting 'went ahead and went well? That's nonsense.

The owners will play no part in this. It will be a couple of reps from the club with absolutely no idea of Venky's plans (as Cheston admitted), or any answers to the fans concerns.

Boycott the meeting and release a nice juicy statement to the press saying why OR attend but deliver a vote of no confidence and give a statement to the press explaining why OR do exactly what the club/owners want you do by turning up to a meeting they are contractually obliged to facilitate and ask Coyle why he's so shyte, and other few meaningless questions.

It's 'Venky's Out' remember, not 'lets have a sit down with a couple of functionaries and get patronised'

• Moderation Lead

How does a boycott enable the club/owners to say the meeting 'went ahead and went well? That's nonsense.

The owners will play no part in this. It will be a couple of reps from the club with absolutely no idea of Venky's plans as Cheston admitted), or any answers to the fans concerns.

Boycott the meeting and release a nice juicy statement to the press saying why OR attend but deliver a vote of no confidence and give a statement to the press explaining why OR do exactly what the club/owners want you do by turning up to a meeting they are contractually obliged to facilitate and ask Coyle why he's so shyte, and other few meaningless questions.

It's 'Venky's Out' remember, not 'lets have a sit down with a couple of functionaries and get patronised'

The bit I highlighted in bold would be the best way to go. It gives them a nice bit of embarrassment to boot as well in delivering a vote of no confidence directly to them. Clarifying why what has been done has been done is also vital (all IMO of course).

Do they, Abbey? I think we need to turn up but be very clear that if it's only Cheston and Coyle plus a few random people roped in to make up the numbers then there is no conversation to be had. A total boycott won't happen. Other supporter groups will turn up. Unless they boycott too, the meeting will go ahead giving everything a semblance of normality and denying us an opportunity to make a point.

no idea gum but this time a poll is required to get the overall views.

The owners will play no part in this. It will be a couple of reps from the club with absolutely no idea of Venky's plans (as Cheston admitted), or any answers to the fans concerns.

now that's the best post from you ever.

The following excerpt is from an article by Ian Herbert of Sporting Intel, written at the time of the Berg court case:-

'The Football League did not want to talk to me on the record at the end of the court case which has dragged football through the mud. But the private view of some League officials is that the £2.25m hit Blackburn are taking for the woeful handling of this case is their punishment.

Football League insiders will also tell you privately that it’s not part of the League’s remit to stop clubs being run badly and if they do seek to take action then they, the League, run the risk of being dragged through the courts.

That’s the Football League fearing the prospect of courtroom action from a club which has just revealed derisory levels of competence in that environment.

What a dismal response'

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/04/30/tell-me-why-english-football%E2%80%99s-governing-bodies-keep-buck-passing-the-blackburn-farce-300401/

The meeting some are willing to attend in good grace has been arranged by the same Football League mentioned above (now re-branded the EFL - apparently you can try to polish a turd)

So why on earth do some want to play along with a box-ticking exercise designed by people who don't give a turd about Rovers, which is for nobodies benefit but their own?

The club will invite others to the meeting - it says that on the first post on this topic, so the meeting will go ahead and BRFCS boycotting will come as a relief to Cheston.

Go to the meeting, ask hard and honest questions, then make sure their incompetence is reported to the public.

I couldn't disagree more strongly, this is whats been happening for the past 6yrs, its time to change the approach.

The only way to deal with this meeting is to turn up, read a statement, brief the press, and walk out.

Anything else adds nothing to the piece, we've had people sat in meetings with Rovers officials for years and look where we are.

The club will invite others to the meeting - it says that on the first post on this topic, so the meeting will go ahead and BRFCS boycotting will come as a relief to Cheston.

Go to the meeting, ask hard and honest questions, then make sure their incompetence is reported to the public.

Why the hell isn't WAR talking to the rest of the supporters groups and coming up with a collective agreement as to how to deal with the meeting?

If all 4 groups walk in read and statement and walk out then that sends a clear message.

Why would anyone want to talk to cheston, pasha or the Roa's? If they told me the next idea is £50m to a new manager and we'll be in the premiership in 2yrs I'd still tell them to sod off because they're full of cr@p.

What can anyone from Blackburn Rovers say to make things better? absolutely nothing, stop talking and start bl00dy acting, its so frustrating :angry2:

Pune 9 .twice bitten n all that

Not if it's done properly. Recorded. Invite the LT. Invite the bloody FA. Christ how they all do with avoiding such a meeting, including the club.

It's time all the aforementioned were put in uncomfortable situations. The club are obliged to hold such meetings twice a year. Expose it as the sham that it is. It'll be the very definition of "shadow directorship" with no one at the club able to answer any questions let alone be in a position of power and make decisions. And if they can't give answers then the meeting should be held again with the people who can. Surely that's what the FA / Government would want otherwise their "big idea" is a complete waste of time - all clubs would just send out a tub of lard (or a Belaji as it's known at Ewood) to meet the fans.

Cheston will be cartwheeling down Nuttall Street with joy if no one turns up. Easy money. "Well it's their perogative, we offered to meet but what can you do when they won't speak to us? It's very disappointing."

• Backroom

Shouldn't the "BRFCS" group just be renamed "Fans Forum v2" ? If the members of the site don't get an overall say I'm not sure how those going can be said to represent us.

Not that I consider BRFCS a valid group anyway - it's an internet forum - but nonetheless, it seems odd to me.

There should be someone there for the first meeting at the very least.

Give them no ammo.

Go to the first meeting and ask all the questions we need answers to. Once they aren't forthcoming or the answers are just management fluff, the next meeting is the one to boycott but with a statement to the media as to why.

Not if it's done properly. Recorded. Invite the LT. Invite the bloody FA. Christ how they all do with avoiding such a meeting, including the club.

It's time all the aforementioned were put in uncomfortable situations. The club are obliged to hold such meetings twice a year. Expose it as the sham that it is. It'll be the very definition of "shadow directorship" with no one at the club able to answer any questions let alone be in a position of power and make decisions. And if they can't give answers then the meeting should be held again with the people who can. Surely that's what the FA / Government would want otherwise their "big idea" is a complete waste of time - all clubs would just send out a tub of lard (or a Belaji as it's known at Ewood) to meet the fans.

Cheston will be cartwheeling down Nuttall Street with joy if no one turns up. Easy money. "Well it's their perogative, we offered to meet but what can you do when they won't speak to us? It's very disappointing."

Do you think turning up as normal, asking a few difficult questions that have been asked to every other Rovers official over the past 6yrs without getting anywhere, is better than turning up, reading a statement for press, FA and club, that we've been lied to by every other Rovers official for 6yrs and we'll be lied to no more? then walking out.

Cheston can't answer anyones questions, he can't even pick the manager, its just a futile exercise Bob and its time to take a different approach.

Either way it gets reported to the FA, lets do it on our terms not Chestons.

Ps - Are we having this poll?

Do you think turning up as normal, asking a few difficult questions that have been asked to every other Rovers official over the past 6yrs without getting anywhere, is better than turning up, reading a statement for press, FA and club, that we've been lied to by every other Rovers official for 6yrs and we'll be lied to no more? then walking out.

Cheston can't answer anyones questions, he can't even pick the manager, its just a futile exercise Bob and its time to take a different approach.

Either way it gets reported to the FA, lets do it on our terms not Chestons.

Ps - Are we having this poll?

Gav, I'm clearly not advocating turning up as normal am I?

Film it - make it newsworthy - show the world what a sham the club is.

Cheston knows now that many BRFCS members have no confidence in him. Saying that to his face then walking away from any other meetings is going to achieve what - apart from being able to say "well that told him". As Bob said, he'll use that to his advantage.

Ask him fair but hard hitting questions. Get that into the LT and any other media we can. The fans are right in their views about the way the club's been run for the last 6 years. Keep drumming that home at every opportunity.

Gav, I'm clearly not advocating turning up as normal am I?

Film it - make it newsworthy - show the world what a sham the club is.

Its sounds to me like you're advocating turning up, and keep turning up until we get the right people in the room?

Filming it, turning up dressed as chickens, SteB going in the buff, it makes no difference whatsoever, well maybe Ste in the buff would :(

We just keep going round and round in circles, its time to take a different approach as 6yrs of meetings and eating the club chocolate biscuits has got us nowhere.

Archived