BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

Boycotting is the worst thing we could do.

FA: Did you hold the meeting you were required to?

Rovers: Yeah, none of the fans turned up though, mustn't have been bothered we guess...

FA: Fair enough

Ask tough questions with little room for escaping having to give an honest answer. If they prevent you from asking some, fine, it shows they have something to hide.

Keep it professional and carefully planned, no ABBEY CAPS LOCK SHOUTING INCOHERENTLY and losing the aim of dragging some proper answers out or showing the press they don't know what they are meant to be doing.

EDIT: I'd take Glen simply because he probably knows more than most people here and deserves to have the opportunity. Will WW be there though?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever goes to the meeting must have one item on the agenda: we want to speak to the owners.

No we don't - there has been enough time for this

The message should be clear and simple - WE WANT THEM OUT

Boycotting is the worst thing we could do.

FA: Did you hold the meeting you were required to?

Rovers: Yeah, none of the fans turned up though, mustn't have been bothered we guess...

FA: Fair enough

Ask tough questions with little room for escaping having to give an honest answer. If they prevent you from asking some, fine, it shows they have something to hide.

Keep it professional and carefully planned, no ABBEY CAPS LOCK SHOUTING INCOHERENTLY and losing the aim of dragging some proper answers out or showing the press they don't know what they are meant to be doing.

EDIT: I'd take Glen simply because he probably knows more than most people here and deserves to have the opportunity. Will WW be there though?

Respectfully have to disagree ADB - especially if a no confidence statement is given or delivered

All this has been tried before and the fans have been ignored - for me it might start to raise eyebrows and get direct questions then being asked of the club ( all my own opinion of course)

the fans have to take control - its gone on far too long

This should be the perfect opportunity for the protest organising committees to highlight the wilful ignorance of the FA & Football League when our club was hijacked by parasites.

Release a statement explaining that there will be no-one at the meeting from the various groups, and the reasons why. Include the FA's link with Kentaro, excerpts from (or reference to) the leaked letters, Fergie's quote, the lack of support from the various authorities when an investigation was asked for etc.

This will get publicity, especially as it is a new intiative from the EFL.

Far better than going and having your belly tickled by Coyle and Cheston.

Of course, a functioning protest group is needed for obvious things like this to be done.

Whoever goes to the meeting must have one item on the agenda: we want to speak to the owners. The meeting shouldn't be brought to a close until it's on record that the board will arrange for this to happen.

The board have as little power in the decision making at Rovers as you or I, they just follow instructions from India.

Action Group (Mark) specifically requested owners or minimum Pasha to attend, several weeks ago.

Does anyone from BRAG know if a direct response to the question has been received?

Respectfully have to disagree ADB - especially if a no confidence statement is given or delivered

All this has been tried before and the fans have been ignored - for me it might start to raise eyebrows and get direct questions then being asked of the club ( all my own opinion of course)

the fans have to take control - its gone on far too long

That's why we have to ask tough questions (basically ones we know they won't answer), back them into a corner and then when we've made our point - they don't have any communication with Venkys and nobody from Venkys is present - read out the statement of no confidence because the meeting is irrelevant as the owners nor representatives turned up so we cannot discuss anything.

We should do this cleverly, let them fall on the sword of their own making, not just not turn up or read out a statement without putting them under pressure.

It's a good opportunity to rattle a few cages and get more press, lets get asking probing questions.

That's why we have to ask tough questions (basically ones we know they won't answer), back them into a corner and then when we've made our point - they don't have any communication with Venkys and nobody from Venkys is present - read out the statement of no confidence because the meeting is irrelevant as the owners nor representatives turned up so we cannot discuss anything.

We should do this cleverly, let them fall on the sword of their own making, not just not turn up or read out a statement without putting them under pressure.

It's a good opportunity to rattle a few cages and get more press, lets get asking probing questions.

ok ADB - fair point but speaking on level terms - surely there will be a set agenda to follow ?

Not sure if there has been any released information about what these meetings are to be about or not.

Still feel it would be a chance to put the baton into the fans hands ( not saying don't meet just as a I stated before ala Abbey that it needs to be on the fans terms)

This should be the perfect opportunity for the protest organising committees to highlight the wilful ignorance of the FA & Football League when our club was hijacked by parasites.

Release a statement explaining that there will be no-one at the meeting from the various groups, and the reasons why. Include the FA's link with Kentaro, excerpts from (or reference to) the leaked letters, Fergie's quote, the lack of support from the various authorities when an investigation was asked for etc.

Of course, a functioning protest group is needed for obvious things like this to be done.

Good thinking. No questions we need answers to will be allowed to be asked.

Sends out a clear message that we have no interest in talking to people who have zero power to make any positive changes at our club.

Highlights our plight in the media and puts more pressure on the owners, football league, fa etc.

Is this something W.A.R should be on with? (I genuinely have no idea)

• Backroom

This is what should happen, but absolutely no chance unfortunately. Still far too many in our fanbase who, for reasons beyond my understanding, think something useful can come out of talking to plant pots like Coyle and Cheston.

Fans not turning up would be exactly what the club wants - but if a clear, well written statement was released beforehand to the media as to why fans aren't attending that would be a different story entirely.

This is what should happen, but absolutely no chance unfortunately. Still far too many in our fanbase who, for reasons beyond my understanding, think something useful can come out of talking to plant pots like Coyle and Cheston.

Fans not turning up would be exactly what the club wants - but if a clear, well written statement was released beforehand to the media as to why fans aren't attending that would be a different story entirely.

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/31560-meeting-with-the-club/page-12

See Marks' letter

ok ADB - fair point but speaking on level terms - surely there will be a set agenda to follow ?

Not sure if there has been any released information about what these meetings are to be about or not.

Still feel it would be a chance to put the baton into the fans hands ( not saying don't meet just as a I stated before ala Abbey that it needs to be on the fans terms)

I was under the impression the fans set the agenda, with questions vetted by the club?

I'm simply suggesting we send them difficult questions and put them under pressure before we do a statement and walk out. The press hearing about the club refusing to answer any questions put to them and the fans then walking out is more of a story than the fans turning up, reading out a prepared statement and leaving.

Maybe the likes of Glen would like a chance to question Cheston on a few details to help fill in bits of the jigsaw? I'd like to get more out of this meeting than just grandstanding.

Which headline attracts most attention:

Fans walk out of meeting with club officials after reading out statement of no confidence

Fans walk out of meeting with club officials after club refuses to answer questions about ownership and third party details, fans release statement of no confidence.

Our concerns/question should be submitted for approval.

When they are omitted from the agenda it gives a perfect excuse to walk away from the meeting or not attend if the agenda is passed to the groups prior to the meeting.

The FA and media should then be informed.

I've already seen it. People are still evidently planning to go so it seemingly doesn't speak for the entire supporter base.

Hopefully Mark is aggressively chasing a response if Pasha will attend.

Who the club sends should be key to fan's reaction.

Cheston likes to finish work at 5 so imagine if he sends Talbot in his stead...They won't bully a woman.

Coyle could be fired after Sheff Wed loss night before, cue Dunny wheeled in...They won't bully one of their own.

All pointless.

Pasha minimum or a Rao (highly unlikely) or its vote of no confidence.

Indeed it would, and would have far more impact than the club paying lip-service to a few fans via vetted questions.

• Moderation Lead

3 options?:-

1) Don't attend but release statement explaining how the authorities have shafted us

2) Attend but only to deliver vote of no confidence

3) Attend and ask pre-agreed questions

Number 2 would be incredibly powerful IMO.

Our concerns/question should be submitted for approval.

When they are omitted from the agenda it gives a perfect excuse to walk away from the meeting or not attend if the agenda is passed to the groups prior to the meeting.

The FA and media should then be informed.

FA and media ( OK a couple maybe) don't give a cluck

Number 2 would be incredibly powerful IMO.

Number 1 for me, but either would work if done properly.

although it's not an election, I'd just like to thank those people who have put my name forward :tu::brfc:

out of interest, how would you approach the meeting? (i don't mean via the car park!) What do you think it will achieve?

out of interest, how would you approach the meeting? (i don't mean via the car park!) What do you think it will achieve?

Surely whoever goes has to approach it in whatever way a majority on BRFCS votes.

Whoever is putting themselves forward should be prepared to look another man/woman in the eyes and say that the majority of Blackburn Rovers fans think they're a waste of space frankly. Glen Mullan, come on down.

How would you approach the meeting? I'm going to approach the meeting with an open mind as I've never met either Mike Cheston or Owen Coyle either formally or informally. IF (and its a big if), I'm one of the two permanent members of the BRFCS panel, then how I would approach the second meeting would very much be determined by how the club approach the meeting in terms of what sort of questions and the clarity in which they answer them. There is no point walking into the meeting (or any meeting for that matter) on the first occasion thinking that someone is A, B or C as that would generally cloud my judgement and probably sub-consciously how I approach the meeting.

What do you think it will achieve? It wouldn't be prudent to prejudge how whoever represents the club is going to approach the meeting, however would hope that the answers provided (given that the club are selecting the questions they wish to answer) are as honest as possible. What the meeting will achieve is very much in the hands of the club.

:brfc:

Archived