BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamy

SteB

Glen

+2 more for me. (Not that any of the previous volunteers aren't appropriate- just so others can step forward). Although I wouldn't put myself forward anyway, 6pm in Blackburn is impossible for me without taking time off work.

We need to agree on questions to be asked before hand with follow up questions. I know it is a waste of time but maybe well planned questions can be thought out with the group on here. Maybe in ABBEY's private area (does that sound rude:-)) if it is set up, unless they want the questions in advance of course.

Good questions with their answers could then be published on here and other sites (Venkyout).

We may be looking for yes/no answers, does the club intend to the sell the ground, does the club plan to close the Riverside stand. Anything like what is the transfer budget for this season or what is the ambition of the club will be batted away in no time. I know they would just say 'we have no plans a present blablabla' so we have to be smart with follow ups.

Lets be as smart as we can be with questions (which may mean not using mine!)

In all seriousness:

Kamy

Glenn

Madon

Majiball

ABBEY

"We have been elected to speak on behalf of the visitors of BRFCS, the largest Blackburn rovers fans forum. Our members have decided a vote of no confidence in the people sat around the table - we have nothing more to add."

Yep - that's better. No voting system needed.

"We have been elected to speak on behalf of the visitors of BRFCS, the largest Blackburn rovers fans forum. Our members have decided a vote of no confidence in the people sat around the table - we have nothing more to add except Venky's Out"

I wasn't going to comment, because I'm not able to volunteer myself, but I'm going to be controversial here.

I don't think Glen should attend. Not as a BRFCS representative anyway.

My reasoning being that the club need to hear the frustrations and concerns from new voices. It could be easy to dismiss as a one-man crusade or, "it's just that rabble-rouser Glen Mullan again".

He absolutely has my support as somebody who should be involved with the WAR campaign and should have a seat at the table, I just think we need to show the club that there are others who independently share his concerns.

That said, I think Kamy, SteB and Glen would do a great job if that was the posse.

I'm with Gav, @#/? em off... First bullet point clearly states that they're being forced to do it due to new rules, they dont want to.

I'm not sure what these miraculous words are that could be said in a meeting with a bunch of people who have no power.

The time for talking has way passed I'd deliver a statement in person but if people insist on attending the only question worth asking is "are they now actively looking to sell?" because if they're not we'll know how much harder we're going to have to work to force them out. Also reading out a letter agreed to by us stating that we're not interested in dialogue and that we just want them to leave.

I just can't believe some responses on here about attending - feels like what has bee said over the last two weeks never existed ( or the last 6 years)

Has to be a full out boycott with a statement of no confidence and on the fans terms and neutral ground if possible if needs to be a meeting- as I have stated before it's the one legal chance to get questions to be directed towards the club about what is going on and drag the FA in at the same time.

As Neal states - this is a forced directive and they would not do it otherwise - this is empowerment for us the fans to seize the chance to get some control of the whole mess

I just can't believe some responses on here about attending - feels like what has bee said over the last two weeks never existed ( or the last 6 years)

Has to be a full out boycott with a statement of no confidence and on the fans terms and neutral ground if possible if needs to be a meeting- as I have stated before it's the one legal chance to get questions to be directed towards the club about what is going on and drag the FA in at the same time.

As Neal states - this is a forced directive and they would not do it otherwise - this is empowerment for us the fans to seize the chance to get some control of the whole mess

That's exactly what they'd want us to do. Just send the people who would make it as difficult as possible for whoever turns up.

That's exactly what they'd want us to do. Just send the people who would make it as difficult as possible for whoever turns up.

How can we make it difficult eddy as you know full well how previous similar 'meetings' have been conducted, it will be scripted and channelled to their benefit - and any ' interuption' is more than likely to end in ejection?

• Moderation Lead

As much as I put myself forward for this, initially, I do wonder what would come out of this bar lip service from the club.

Even if (and that's a giant if) any of the Rao family were there, they'd tell us exactly what we want to hear, much like they did in India, then not deliver on anything they said.

Whoever goes to the meeting must have one item on the agenda: we want to speak to the owners. The meeting shouldn't be brought to a close until it's on record that the board will arrange for this to happen.

The board have as little power in the decision making at Rovers as you or I, they just follow instructions from India.

Archived