BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Messageboards

Well unfortunately Abbey that's why we will continue to whinge and moan on here and do nothing about it. Your the first one to pull people to pieces and offer no solutions or ideas and when people do you just shoot people down with no explanation and no contribution but creating negativity. If your willing to do nothing and offer nothing other than #venkysout every 5 minutes your as a bad as the people wandering round ewood licking venkys arses. You want people to pull together and boycott yet wouldn't do the wolves protest. And don't say not a penny more that's a cop out for what would if been a show of solidarity , the bigger picture as a one off for the greater good. The fans will never unite with this attitude and divided we fall. Which ever way you look at it you and the " appy clappers "are on opposite ends of the spectrum equally contributing nothing and sitting back watching the club's demise

dont talk fecking @#/? you clueless so and so.How dare you suggest ive done nothing .Ive been on every protest at ewood and brockall .You say I create negativity ? waht do you want me to fecking do blow smoke up the cluckers arses? well ive news for you..I DONT ASS LICK OR BROWN NOSE ANYONE. Didnt do the wolves protest? i was outside before ,during and after . Not a penny more is NOT a cop out FFS ,how hard is it for you to understand when i say i wont go inside ewood until theyve gone.? I wqs also handing leaflets in the monsoon

I am contributing to the clubs demise ? what a arsy arsehole post . Dont talk out your arse .Theres one family in Pune and the scumbags here who are totally responsible for teh demise .

Ha. Sorry that was a bit of a rant but it's so frustrating. We desperately need to unite the fan base and a split one means venkys win. I want this scum gone. Whatever it takes. If boycotters won't attend a game as a one off or fans equally want boycott when required out of stubbornness then we are beat already. People will boycott , people will go and get behind the lads that's fine but for targeted games especially the rare live on sky ones we should be a collective and if that means attending or boycotting then so be it. If it means dressing as a chicken and clucking from ewood to Leyland so be it. So much passionate hatred yet so little effort. If this club goes down in flames we die fighting and I'd rather it be the venkys, the fa and agents than each other. Sorry Abbey but the least you could offer is an alternative or explanation not just no

jog on you patronising pillock

I can't tell people what they should and shouldn't do and I respect you and Abbey the same as chaddy and Parsons. If you say except ewood obv then you can't complain at Parsons and chaddy for saying ( not that I'm aware they have ) we won't boycott. The point I'm trying to make is you can't expect 10000 people to agree on everything. We all love rovers in are own way for diffrent reasons but if you believe venkys need to go which I feel is swinging more to the majority you have to be willing and open to every form of protest , whatever it is for the greater good. Protesters can protest outside which apart from wolves has never happened this season and people can protest inside which has through chants banners etc but for specifically targetted games we need to compromise. I.e the wolves game everybody goes with banners whistles 1875 whatever. Newcastle mass boycott. Some give and take needs to happen to meet in the middle. You must understand this and meet in the middle. It isn't about money. It's about highlighting our plight. The 20 quid Abbey stopped paying doesn't effect anything the same way chaddys 20 quid for his ticket doesn't . It's the bigger picture. To get this club back. I understand your obviously proud principled people however that passion can be made use of if we all are just a little more open minded and hopefully me , u, Parsons , Abbey and chaddy can av a nice cold beer and say we did it before holding hands and skipping down to ewood for a merry afternoon

what the friig is your problem with me you muppet ..

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" Venky's in their own way wanted to take Rovers on a journey too but someone forgot to tell the driver where to go. Rovers demise has been harder on Venkys than the fans. They have poughed millions into the club and have suffered from poor advise and i bet if they could wind the clock back they might not have even bothered. They are not entirely blameless but it is fair to say they only wanted the best for Rovers when they first came along but it soon turned to a nightmare for them. Like i said poor advise and not knowing enough about running a football club has cost them."bang-your-head-syndrome.png

Venkys "not entirely blameless" eh?!!!! Something we can all unite around!

Abbey it's fantastic your handing leaflets out and protesting. My response was out of frustration to your comment just no. Not no because.... Or how about..... It was just no. I don't blame anyone but the venkys. If we do nothing We're waiting for the funeral. With a divided fan base we can't win. So if you are completely unwilling to change your stance for even a one off game out of stubbornness then how can you expect to get people who think differently onside because so far calling them hapy clappers doesn't seem to capture the wider audiences imagination. So do I get a valid reason why the u18s idea is just no baring in mind it stems from the fact I appreciate what boycotters are sacrificing and thought it would be a way for you to protest , not give a penny more and see mates and watch the rovers. The whole idea was designed specifically for people like you in mind

Look I apologise for the first message I had no right to have a go or judge you like that. Surly you can understand how on here you can just go on a tangent. Will you please explain one thing to me. If there was a PROTEST at an u23S OR U18S game which didn't cost you anything away from ewood why would you not take part. I apologise in advance if I'm being a Muppet

Don't get me wrong Abbey. I fully understand what and why you are doing this and how hard it must be. The question raised by Stuart was how do we unite the fan base. This is the hardest thing to do but what must be done to stand a chance. Nobody will take us seriously if we don't. We're a championship team from the north with gates of 10000. If half of them think the venky garden is rosy or don't care as long as there is a game on why would the media and wider footballing world care. The leafletting is brilliant for creating more awareness and I take my hat off to you for that. Are people taking them and have you had any feed back. Is there people still out who will take one and say omg I didn't know that. Genuine question. I went to the meeting at the ewood wmc last time round and there was about 12 people. 12 People who are doing a fantastic job but that 12 should be in the 100s. I just don't know what we can do without the majority of the fan base being United and without the possibility of leverage you get two or three groups of fans just saying no which means we stay divided but I understand why abbey, I just don't no where we go from here and it's starting to feel like it's already over

Don't get me wrong Abbey. I fully understand what and why you are doing this and how hard it must be. The question raised by Stuart was how do we unite the fan base. This is the hardest thing to do but what must be done to stand a chance. Nobody will take us seriously if we don't. We're a championship team from the north with gates of 10000. If half of them think the venky garden is rosy or don't care as long as there is a game on why would the media and wider footballing world care. The leafletting is brilliant for creating more awareness and I take my hat off to you for that. Are people taking them and have you had any feed back. Is there people still out who will take one and say omg I didn't know that. Genuine question. I went to the meeting at the ewood wmc last time round and there was about 12 people. 12 People who are doing a fantastic job but that 12 should be in the 100s. I just don't know what we can do without the majority of the fan base being United and without the possibility of leverage you get two or three groups of fans just saying no which means we stay divided but I understand why abbey, I just don't no where we go from here and it's starting to feel like it's already over

The problem is there are very few individuals who are effective and get things done. Most people within the groups are paranoid and point fingers at each other. To regroup this fan base will take time and whole lot of effort and reassuring. Regardless of the situation someone is going to have to unify the fan base by finding a goal that everyone can relate too, and I don't just mean saying the end goal should be "Venky's Out" as everyone can identify to that but everyone will have their own idea as to how to do it. What needs to be done is find a common goal that can relate and regroup the boycotters, with the attenders, and the protesters. Once someone can identify that then we can actually go about talking of a regroupment.

I see your point den but for every one of you there are three other people saying why not back the lads and show your frustration at games. Neither is right or wrong . That's my point we need to unite somehow where everybody agrees. Like when I said one sky game mass boycott and one game full protest at the game . At least we would be United. But boycotters are saying not a penny more and others won't miss there match. Hence my whole rant yesterday about the bigger picture is getting the venkys gone or at least highlighting our plight as one but without some leeway they are fractured groups and will stay that way. The venkys wanted us divided and have succeded. To not join in no matter what your principles is defeating the whole point and main objective but I don't think everybody understands its the only way to collectivly have the strength to move forward. Surly the only thing that matters is getting rid of them by any means. Even the u18s idea would get two groups together in larger numbers , talking , communicating, coming up with new ideas together but like I keep getting told not a penny more or no if it's a venkys product and I have to respect people's positions

If you're really angry about the route that Venkys are taking the club, then don't go. Don't back them and don't support them. What's the point in keeping attending, keeping clapping and keeping watching it?

That's the problem there needs to be an understanding I know I compare a lot to AFC Wimbledon but it is because I grew up in that area with a family who support Wimbledon FC. Even when they found out the club was moving some turned others stayed away but all were united under the Dons Trust. For some people Saturday football is a great way to spend the day with the friends and family and it is beyond Venky's and having them as owners. Hell if i was based in Blackburn I would surely still turn up to the game only for the simple pleasure of seeing that blue and white halves kit running around on a pitch. I think two meetings are important to be held one being what is the next move for the protest and second meeting being how to unify the fan base. One cannot happen without the other.

Well firstly, I don't see myself as a boycotter. There are a number of reasons why I'm not going at the moment. Venkys are only one of them - a major one granted, but still not the only one. I would guess there are more like me.

Stop worrying about the fan base being fractured would be my advice. People will do, what they want to do and at the end of the day, the only way fans can really protest effectively and for any length of time, is to stop attending. Whether I or anyone else want this to happen, doesn't really matter. There is one way open to them to make their own personal stance - don't go. Continually whinging, while doing nothing is a bit feeble really. (I don't mean anyone in particular here, it's more just a general comment.)

Continually whinging, while doing nothing is a bit feeble really. (I don't mean anyone in particular here, it's more just a general comment.)

Which is the nub of the problem. If 10% of the people who talk the talk actually went out and actively got involved things would be very different today.

As it stands I doubt if more than 50 have actually got involved and contributed.

Well firstly, I don't see myself as a boycotter. There are a number of reasons why I'm not going at the moment. Venkys are only one of them - a major one granted, but still not the only one. I would guess there are more like me.

Stop worrying about the fan base being fractured would be my advice. People will do, what they want to do and at the end of the day, the only way fans can really protest effectively and for any length of time, is to stop attending. Whether I or anyone else want this to happen, doesn't really matter. There is one way open to them to make their own personal stance - don't go. Continually whinging, while doing nothing is a bit feeble really. (I don't mean anyone in particular here, it's more just a general comment.)

Well said and there are various reasons why I don't go any more too. Just because I don't go has never made me feel that people who do still go are wrong. I started attending as a 7 year old in 1972 and much as it may seem strange to some people, enjoyed the 1975 season, more than any other season I have ever witnessed. There are various reasons for this and maybe one is my age and another possibly me seeing us win something for the very first time in my life.

I live in Spain now, but know I will be back, as my love for the club, is far greater than the hatred I feel for the owners right now. For anyone who loves the club and I am sure everyone posting on here does, do not judge your fellow supporter. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing. Blackburn Rovers to still exist and better still Blackburn Rovers to be successful.

I agree with everything above however this casual attitude the vast majority have is why not much is getting done and have little to get behind. I would love to see the frustration and energy used leave this board and used against venkys. Maybe then this board would have a more positive feel with positive stories and ideas. I see and read peoples spirits crushed to the point of acceptance. I'm nearly there myself

It isn't about the owners living outside it is making our voices heard not just through protesting but by showing unity. Fans are too busy talking about who to trust, who not to trust, and doubt each other. It is insane people just need to set a side their issues and focus on the club and the well being of the club first and foremost.

Which is the nub of the problem. If 10% of the people who talk the talk actually went out and actively got involved things would be very different today.

I seriously doubt that personally. I'd say significantly more than 90% who've talked the talk have been involved in some form of protest against Venkys in the last 6 years. Personally I've joined in with numerous marches and sit-ins against Kean, held up the odd banner, chanted myself hoarse against Venkys multiple games, joined in with 18/75. I'm not in WAR, haven't tweeted #VenkysOut or got involved in the failed pub wall mural but it wouldnt make a bit of difference if I had. These things have literally no impact on Venkys, none whatsoever. It's like trying to knock over the Blackburn End stand by having the fans fire potato guns at it and then blaming people who didn't join in for why it didn't work.

A protest that would upgrade those potato guns to something a bit more potent would be a sustained, mass boycott of games. But the blame for why that can never happen lies squarely with the fans who don't talk the talk.

It isn't about the owners living outside it is making our voices heard not just through protesting but by showing unity. Fans are too busy talking about who to trust, who not to trust, and doubt each other. It is insane people just need to set a side their issues and focus on the club and the well being of the club first and foremost.

Exactly the point I was trying to make

How do you expect there to be unity when fans can't even agree on who's responsible for our plight?

Archived