BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Messageboards

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SKH - the 50 I'm referring to are those who organise, lead, whatever one wants to call it. Agreed thousands have taken part on occasion such as 1875 but in terms of driving things forward it's a tiny minority

For example in the years I was involved in the Trust one person outside of the original 9/10 stepped forward to get involved. That was out of a membership of around 1200 at the time.

Most people are happy to talk all day, very few step up to the plate.

Splintered groups and maybe more chiefs than indians ? One group and a couple of leaders who people will get behind may be the best way. Example being the likes of Mr Mullan and maybe Birdy as guys who are recognized as being figureheads for want of a better title.

I don't know the ins and outs but in one case that didn't seem to sit well with self elected chiefs so he might have been sidelined. Own goal right there. Proper leaders needed with no agenda and no ego to be massaged like i'm a boss in working life so i automatically should be boss here !

SKH - the 50 I'm referring to are those who organise, lead, whatever one wants to call it. Agreed thousands have taken part on occasion such as 1875 but in terms of driving things forward it's a tiny minority

For example in the years I was involved in the Trust one person outside of the original 9/10 stepped forward to get involved. That was out of a membership of around 1200 at the time.

Most people are happy to talk all day, very few step up to the plate.

I genuinely don't have time to lead anything like this. Due to work as well as involvement in two other local interest groups - one of which you are familiar with Paul.

I'm more than happy to - and do - join in with all protests (although walking to Deepdale was a stretch to far for me).

The Fernhurst meetings alway clash too.

IHMO the thing that we need is something positive to get hold of and help focus minds. Aside from a credible bid, I'm not sure what that is though.

How do you expect there to be unity when fans can't even agree on who's responsible for our plight?

To me it isn't about who is responsible, fans are missing the first and foremost issue. What is it you care more about than anything in Football. Blackburn Rovers is the answer and that is what people need to strive to understand we are care about Blackburn. Once their is one group that can represent that then the leader of that group can coordinate ideas as to how to get the team we love back under the right management. Whether it be owners, Manager, players or anything along those lines. Furthermore, with regards to meetings, I am and was very much interested in heading to the one tomorrow, until individuals bring out dossier on me claiming I am not to be trusted either because 1) I have never been to Ewood Park (which apparently makes me less of a fan), 2) that I am either a mole for Venky's (even though my participation in Rovers forum can be traced back to the 606 days). Thus, that is not a group i wish to be apart of. Having to explain and defend myself on a regular isn't why I am trying to get involve I am trying to get involved in matters to with Blackburn Rovers.

I genuinely don't have time to lead anything like this. Due to work as well as involvement in two other local interest groups - one of which you are familiar with Paul.

I'm more than happy to - and do - join in with all protests (although walking to Deepdale was a stretch to far for me).

The Fernhurst meetings alway clash too.

IHMO the thing that we need is something positive to get hold of and help focus minds. Aside from a credible bid, I'm not sure what that is though.

I'm not trying to point any fingers Stuart, and I'm very aware of your excellent work, just to point out the problem. It goes back beyond Venky's and it's not exclusive to Rovers or football. This place has always struggled for help, BRISA came and went, BRAG appears to have the same people in place since day one, the Trust is the same.

At the WAR meeting I think it was Wayne Wild who said people had just run out of ideas. It's bound to happen.

If it's not already too late what is needed is for people who are happy to debate all day long to put themselves forward to do more than just talk. On the Trust it was literally 1 person out of 1200 stepped up. Frankly it's outrageous for people to endlessly debate the topic but do nothing.

There's yet more back biting in the post above from roverstdt. Is it any wonder we go round and round in circles and some just think @#/? it and walk away?

To me it isn't about who is responsible, fans are missing the first and foremost issue. What is it you care more about than anything in Football. Blackburn Rovers is the answer and that is what people need to strive to understand we are care about Blackburn. Once their is one group that can represent that then the leader of that group can coordinate ideas as to how to get the team we love back under the right management. Whether it be owners, Manager, players or anything along those lines. Furthermore, with regards to meetings, I am and was very much interested in heading to the one tomorrow, until individuals bring out dossier on me claiming I am not to be trusted either because 1) I have never been to Ewood Park (which apparently makes me less of a fan), 2) that I am either a mole for Venky's (even though my participation in Rovers forum can be traced back to the 606 days). Thus, that is not a group i wish to be apart of. Having to explain and defend myself on a regular isn't why I am trying to get involve I am trying to get involved in matters to with Blackburn Rovers.

Genuine question: what is or was 606?

I have been on this MB for quite a few years but not active on and rarely look at others.

That's because, if you don't attend matches and fall out of love with the whole supporting your club idea there really is nothing to talk about. No excitement when we win, no despair when we lose. No speculation about who we might sign. Just endless debates about how awful our owners are and hand wringing about what we can do about it. Not really worth coming on for. I still do, but less and less frequently, and I'm sure most others are in exactly the same boat

It's almost as if this was a deliberate strategy. An unrelenting process of grinding down conveniently delivers a much smaller, more apathetic fanbase.

Coupled with first division status and even less media attention, I guess that can only reduce the level of scrutiny and resistance to the next stage of the dismantling.. .

I do understand why people refuse to believe this, but the refusal to face what is happening is a serious problem.

It's almost as if this was a deliberate strategy. An unrelenting process of grinding down conveniently delivers a much smaller, more apathetic fanbase.

Coupled with first division status and even less media attention, I guess that can only reduce the level of scrutiny and resistance to the next stage of the dismantling.. .

I do understand why people refuse to believe this, but the refusal to face what is happening is a serious problem.

There are still people out there who blame relegation on the protests. Yet their bile blinds them to the fact that we won the matches with official protests. The organic and spontaneous one vs Bolton was down to 12 months of lies and limp performances from a squad who should have done far better. If the little darlings are affected that much by a handful of whoever out chants then how did they ever leave the house let alone chose a profession where they would appear before thosands to millions!! Every defeat, every dour perfmance, every transfer window where the squad is weakened, ever scrap of coyle bull, every groan from lowe marking fresh air or putting a 2 yrd pass into touch, every flat depressing home atmosphere, it all contributes to the clubs demise yet I can take a crumb of comfort that they are utterly miserable wasting their saturday afternoons on it. Merry Christmas :)

Yes the project certainly seemed to be in a rush to get out of the Premier league, all those % cuts of players leaving and coming in certainly adds up to a nice payday.

Might have been a bit more of an effort to stay there if there was a non transparent way of intercepting premier league prize money and sending it on its holidays

A similar thing would surely follow if we dropped out the Champoinship and quickly had to slash the wage bill again..........

Venkys are asleep whilst their buddies steer the ship again with captain Coylee following the chart marked rocks ahead, big ones !

A similar thing would surely follow if we dropped out the Champoinship and quickly had to slash the wage bill again..........

Venkys are asleep whilst their buddies steer the ship again with captain Coylee following the chart marked rocks ahead, big ones !

He keeps on stating we won't go down, for some reason, just as Kean did the year we went down from the premier league. All the evidence points to us heading down, so why he keeps on with that is beyond me. I know he is hardly likely to throw the towel in, but surely a statement to acknowledge we are in a relegation scrap would be more appropriate.

Well he knows he'll never trigger his promotion bonus at Rovers nor many win bonuses so if it's a Kean style contract relegation gets him a nice bonus :blink:

It's an earner so whist he might not be doing it on purpose i doubt he's really that bothered either way.

Archived