BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Messageboards

I was bored and spent 30 mins surfing the wonder web at work today.

I looked at a couple of Rovers MB's and my goodness they were such depressing places.

Firstly the 'official' MB - this had one post in 24 hours; I gather any dissenting voices are blocked.

Secondly I looked at Roverstalk - this appeared to be inhabited by no more than 4 or 5 loons whose purpose in life is to criticise any campaigning or public grief against our owners, management team or Manager.

A wasted 1/2 hour.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the hospital yesterday and logged into free wifi.

I thought I would log into this message board, but the firewall blocked it. The reason was "malicious website"

just saying

I got that as well last time I was visiting

Don't waste your time with roverstalk as i think rather than an alternate view to here it's actually looks like a couple of people who's hooters have been put out of joint on here and taken their ball home. Along with one or two from the venkygraph, never more than 3 or 4 of the same ones on there it seems so that tells it's own story.

Roversmad used to be ok and quite a balanced mix of opinions but it got too many cosying up with 2 faced dingles so not read it for years.

RoversTalk was massively, massively anti-Big Sam back in the day. To the point of treating Venkys and Kean as "the enemy of my enemy", a line they stuck to to such ridiculous lengths as to basically try and defend anything Venkys did after that (usually with the club-would-go-bankrupt-without-them argument).

RoversMad used to be good but personally washed my hands of it when they too joined in the brfcc protest bashing (on the premise of thinking Bowyer was a good manager).

The Rovers 606 board used to be quality back in the PL era. Although bit biased on that as an ex poster! :)

Dunno of any others. Depressingly our internet presence appears to have shrunk in line with our attendances.

That's because, if you don't attend matches and fall out of love with the whole supporting your club idea there really is nothing to talk about. No excitement when we win, no despair when we lose. No speculation about who we might sign. Just endless debates about how awful our owners are and hand wringing about what we can do about it. Not really worth coming on for. I still do, but less and less frequently, and I'm sure most others are in exactly the same boat

That's because, if you don't attend matches and fall out of love with the whole supporting your club idea there really is nothing to talk about. No excitement when we win, no despair when we lose. No speculation about who we might sign. Just endless debates about how awful our owners are and hand wringing about what we can do about it. Not really worth coming on for. I still do, but less and less frequently, and I'm sure most others are in exactly the same boat

And to check for any change...

This is the real damage that Venkys have done. Not just to the club but to the community, including the global one that is sadly shrinking as well. It's stopped being fun.

This is the real damage that Venkys have done. Not just to the club but to the community, including the global one that is sadly shrinking as well. It's stopped being fun.

Those of us about from 60's onwards will remember that building our fan base to the levels witnessed in our halcyon PL years took blood, sweat and tears. Williams did a great job in that direction. I very much doubt that we will ever recover the disenfranchised 15,000.

Our earliest venture into commercial / corporate entertainment in the Nuttall Street stand (headed up by a guy called Foster) doesn't hold a candle to the facilities we now have and the expertise of the Northcote mob - sadly, I think these facilities are largely redundant as we have also disenfranchised the wider business community.

Sadly, we are a pale shadow of the club we once were.

I think the possibility that at some point I'll log on and find Coyles gone, Venky's have gone, or that the FA has finally got its house in order and started a proper investigation is what keeps me checkling in. However, I'm not holding my breath because I don't honestly expect it to happen anytime soon, probably not for years if ever.

Most of those who used to post on the Rovers-can-do-no-wrong sites now seem to post on Facebook.

My God, some of these people need their eyes opening. And some of them are just plain thick.

some classic coyle is doing a great job posts on FB, interesting to see how many that think like that are match going, its like the venkys or venkeys as the FB brigade seem to spell it, insist they are just badly advised its naïve beyond belief, its basically the fans fault and that's it.

That's before you get the imagine if we packed the place out posts, we didn't pack it out when we were well run and in the PL!

some classic coyle is doing a great job posts on FB, interesting to see how many that think like that are match going, its like the venkys or venkeys as the FB brigade seem to spell it, insist they are just badly advised its naïve beyond belief, its basically the fans fault and that's it.

That's before you get the imagine if we packed the place out posts, we didn't pack it out when we were well run and in the PL!

They seem to be stuck with a bipolar contradiction that is:

A. All clubs have bad times it's normal we just have to get behind the lads*;

B. Venkys are the real problem, there's no point in keep sacking managers while they are here.

So basically: sit down, shut up, stay miserable, watch us get relegated and come back next season to do and feel the same in League One, or your (sic) not a proper fan.

There's no arguing with some people. It's no wonder people are just walking away. The fan base stays divided and the club pretend all is well despite having to sell home shirts at half price in the week before Christmas (there should be crisis talks with fan groups to jointly discuss what needs to be done). Meanwhile, Venkys carry on doing whatever it is they do in Pune. Not giving two @#/? about the carnage in their rear view mirror - despite it being a direct result of their bad driving.

*Get Behind The Lads is a trademark owned by Rovers and means sit quietly with your arms folded grumbling at the football and waiting for an opportunity to shout down fellow fans who vent their spleen.

Why not? That's what Venkys supporters do!

There are no such things! If there are people still willing to give them the time of day to defend their actions - they are probably on the wind up.

Don't feed the trolls!

There are no such things! If there are people still willing to give them the time of day to defend their actions - they are probably on the wind up.

Don't feed the trolls!

Sorry mate but there are still people I see regularly who defend Venkys for a plethora of reasons such as 'stitched up', 'still paying the bill's', 'keeping us out of administration' among others. Naive doesn't do it justice.

There may be Messageboards. There may be 'Venkys Supporters' but the lack of volume of people on the Messageboards is very dispiriting at any time now.

I think the number of people checking in when Duff was sold to Chelsea was over 600 in mid-afternoon. Now its less than double figures....apart from the torture of Away-days when it might reach 90.

*Get Behind The Lads is a trademark owned by Rovers and means sit quietly with your arms folded grumbling at the football and waiting for an opportunity to shout down fellow fans who vent their spleen.

Brilliant post in general but that bit in particular made me laugh. Glad someone else noticed the "Get behind the lads FFS" group do nothing of the sort at games. All the ones I know have never been particularly loud or enthusiastic in their support of the team from the stands. They'd probably describe themselves as loyal, I used to consider them moaners back in our PL days.

Picking a certain player each game to blame everything on (poor old Pedersen), only joining in with 1 song right after we score, booing if we go in level at half time at home. Those were the qualities I used to associate with the fans I know who still won't criticise Venkys. It's getting behind the lads (FFS) more than not going at all I suppose, but it hardly gives credibility to the phrase.

Don't feed the trolls!

I can only assume you have not been added to any of the Rovers Fb groups, Joe. (I often wonder who did that for me).

There are definitely people out there who overtly (without the cloak of a mb user name) support, nay, defend, Venkys continued involvement with the club.

Sorry mate but there are still people I see regularly who defend Venkys for a plethora of reasons such as 'stitched up', 'still paying the bill's', 'keeping us out of administration' among others. Naive doesn't do it justice.

I agree and disagree. There are many unexplained suggestions about level of complicity, basic fraud etc - that said, by definition there are no "venkys supporters". There may still be rovers fans with their fingers in their ears! Hoping for some miracle or to wake up from all this but they aren't supporters of the owners, or "venkys fc".

Grouping fans who don't see a pro in protest as "Venkys supporters" or the "get behind the lads ffs" super fans just creates more problems and splinters fans further.

I can only assume you have not been added to any of the Rovers Fb groups, Joe. (I often wonder who did that for me).

There are definitely people out there who overtly (without the cloak of a mb user name) support, nay, defend, Venkys continued involvement with the club.

I don't use facebook for football talk - the clubs pages are bordering on taking the @#/? and the comment sections are always littered with the same comments from the same posters. Much like the LET - it's a place for dingles, baiters and trolls.

Grouping fans who don't see a pro in protest as "Venkys supporters" or the "get behind the lads ffs" super fans just creates more problems and splinters fans further.

That's like saying that journalists who report on world conflict create more wars.

I agree and disagree. There are many unexplained suggestions about level of complicity, basic fraud etc - that said, by definition there are no "venkys supporters". There may still be rovers fans with their fingers in their ears! Hoping for some miracle or to wake up from all this but they aren't supporters of the owners, or "venkys fc".

I don't use facebook for football talk - the clubs pages are bordering on taking the @#/? and the comment sections are always littered with the same comments from the same posters. Much like the LET - it's a place for dingles, baiters and trolls.

As arbitro and Stuart point out, there are unfortunately a good number of people who are either deluded, thick or have their heads in the sand. I wish they were trolls, but you only need look at blue-eyed boy and his cronies on Twitter to see these people are very much real and in fact, not dingles.

Archived