BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Claudio Ranieri Sacked

Gav

• Backroom

It doesn't sound like the players ever really took to Ranieri, which makes last season's achievement even more bizarre. Regardless, it sounds like at the first sign of things going sour the players effectively downed tools until he was sacked. A lot of parallels to Mourinho's sacking at Chelsea. Nowadays the players hold all the cards.  

Caught a bit of 606 tonight and Savage was absolutely distraught and damming of the decision to sack Claudio.

Made the point that they're only 1 goal away from Champions league quarter finals and Pearson was in a worse position in the league than Ranieri is, but was backed.

As a side note Piers Morgan apparently has called for Leicester fans to run the Thai owners, that paid off the £100m debt, out of the club. The mans a complete and utter arse-h0le, absolutely clueless and for his involvement in the hacking of Milly Dowlers phone, should be behind bars, but we digress.

IMO, Ranieri was wrong to be sack. 

But I will say that this season recruitment has been very poor and signed far too many foriegn players. Ranieri has changed his tactics far too much. But he has been let down very badly by the players and the recruitment staff. 

I think they should go for Hodgson. Someone who will bring structure to the players and sort out the defence. Rowett would be decent choice

Not sure Mancini would be right fit. 

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Leicester in PL freefall and sack their manager so where's the shock value?

It would be more suprising if they had not.

Anyway its all due to one player leaving - aptly named Kante. 

He was winning games all by himself?

Just now, den said:

I didn't say he wasn't a good player, but there will be other factors in their poor form apart from him leaving.

Yes of course. Totally agree. Claudio was changing the team and tactics too much too. Tinkerman reappeared. The owners do not want Championship football. I wish we has these Thai owners.

If they kept him and got relegated they would be crucified by all including Lineker and Savage.

39 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes of course. Totally agree. Claudio was changing the team and tactics too much too. Tinkerman reappeared. The owners do not want Championship football. I wish we has these Thai owners.

If they kept him and got relegated they would be crucified by all including Lineker and Savage.

You certainly have a point Asia, but I still maintain he deserved more time to try and put things right, but its the climate we live in these days, no loyalty, win at all costs and @#/? to whats right and whats wrong, doesn't sit well with me at all.

They're talking about Craig Shakespeare replacing him, I wonder how many Leicester fans think thats a good idea?

It'll be interesting to see who they end up appointing and if it was worth sacking the man that made last season the best season in 130yrs of Leicester City.

I cast my mind back to Soccer AM (I think) and a jubilant Kasabian (Leicester fans); they made the grand statement that it wouldn't matter if they were consecutively relegated to Lg 2, they would still be happy and Claudio should have a job forever.  I sentiment I heard many times after the league win.  I thought to myself they wont; next season (this one) when they are scrapping at the foot of the table the title win will be forgotten and Claudio will be sacked.  

They shouldn't have won it last season, the team wasn't even a top ten team, how they did it I don't know, just one of those unbelievable flukes.  If it's true that the players have conspired to undermine Claudio, like we saw from Sherwood and co under Roy, then I have sympathy but I've never rated Claudio, I think he's a bang average manager albeit a lovely bloke. 

• Backroom

You can debate whether or not they should have won the league last season, but the fact is they did. Over 38 games they were the best team and deserved champions. To go from that to the relegation zone with only a couple of months of the following season left is an incredible downward spiral that points to either a serious rift between the players and the coaching staff or an inability to adapt from both management and the players. There was no sign of anything changing and there are only 13 games left.

If they bring in another manager who has an impact and keeps them safe this season, then ultimately they made the right call. The fans will forgive and forget quickly enough if the team start winning matches. Ranieri was given a bonus of £5m in addition to his annual salary for last season's triumph, and will have been paid up for all of the three and a bit years he had left on his new contract. I think he'll be alright. There are far greater tragedies.   

57 minutes ago, Gav said:

You certainly have a point Asia, but I still maintain he deserved more time to try and put things right, but its the climate we live in these days, no loyalty, win at all costs and @#/? to whats right and whats wrong, doesn't sit well with me at all.

They're talking about Craig Shakespeare replacing him, I wonder how many Leicester fans think thats a good idea?

It'll be interesting to see who they end up appointing and if it was worth sacking the man that made last season the best season in 130yrs of Leicester City.

I noticed that the lady Leicester fan was fine with Shakespeare. She spoke well and did a great job on Robbie. Arseanal George on the other hand ........

Surely, as Rovers fans, we should know all about other fans looking in on us and making misguided judgments. Just as it's easy for fans looking from the outside in to say that Steve Kean was treated badly at Rovers, it's easy for us to look at Leicester and say how disgraceful it is for Ranieri to be sacked. By all accounts, Leicester have completely nose-dived since winning the title, and Ranieri seems to have lost the dressing room. Under those circumstances, surely it's best for both parties to part company. There is no repairing that sort of situation, whatever the level of play.

Didn't see tonight's game but Leicester certainly put on a show if the highlights are anything to go by.

Vardy seems to have found a new gear as did his team mates.

It just doesn't sit right, either that or Shakespeare is a motivational and tactical genius.

On 26/02/2017 at 1:41 PM, koi said:

They shouldn't have won it last season, the team wasn't even a top ten team, how they did it I don't know, just one of those unbelievable flukes.  If it's true that the players have conspired to undermine Claudio, like we saw from Sherwood and co under Roy, then I have sympathy but I've never rated Claudio, I think he's a bang average manager albeit a lovely bloke. 

I think they did have a decent team, which benefitted hugely from three players having unbelievable seasons in Vardy, Mahrez and particularly Kante.

If any one of those three had not performed to they wouldn't have made fourth, let alone first.

Kante could be one of the all time greats, up there with Means and Viera. Utterly sensational player.

7 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think they did have a decent team, which benefitted hugely from three players having unbelievable seasons in Vardy, Mahrez and particularly Kante.

If any one of those three had not performed to they wouldn't have made fourth, let alone first.

Kante could be one of the all time greats, up there with Means and Viera. Utterly sensational player.

Their entire journeyman defence didn't put a foot wrong either. They were the rock it was built on

Archived