BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Claudio Ranieri Sacked

Gav

What the hell is going on with modern day football?

Yes they're having a bad season but he's being badly let down by his players, players who hit the highs of last season and are bordering on abysmal this season.

The man was a genius less than 12 months ago and is now cast aside, deemed not good enough for Leicester City.

Disgusting.

Just now, 47er said:

Something had to give Gav. What a fall from grace though.

Whatever happens now he has given Leicester fans an experience they will never forget or, I'm guessing, will not experience again.

What price a bit of loyalty 47er?

I understand its big money if they go down, but if I was a Leicester fan I'd be fuming at the sacking, the players have let the man down, they should hang their heads in shame.

Just now, 47er said:

Relegation?

You know what if I was a Leicester fan I'd be happy to take that chance, as long as we give the manager who made my wildest dreams come true have a decent crack of the whip.

the players are totally to blame in this as is more often than not the case. Mahrez and Vardy have been terrible this season especially. They were rewarded with nice new contracts and dont work hard enough to deserve them. Ranieri is a class manager and certainy wont struggle to get another decent job. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

What the hell is going on with modern day football?

Yes they're having a bad season but he's being badly let down by his players, players who hit the highs of last season and are bordering on abysmal this season.

The man was a genius less than 12 months ago and is now cast aside, deemed not good enough for Leicester City.

Disgusting.

Football has no class and it's also very boring these days

6 hours ago, seanobrfc said:

the players are totally to blame in this as is more often than not the case. Mahrez and Vardy have been terrible this season especially. They were rewarded with nice new contracts and dont work hard enough to deserve them. Ranieri is a class manager and certainy wont struggle to get another decent job. 

Not sure I even rate Vardy that much to be honest.

His time at championship or above (last season aside) has never been anything to write home about.

Even when Leicester got promoted he got 16, Danny Graham is on 11 for us and we are off down.

Ranieri paid the price for over achieving. The season before they won the premiership the fans were delighted they finished fourth off bottom. The position they are in now. If they hadn't won the league the fans and club would still have been delighted with fourth off bottom. 

Verdy had a lucky season last season, they should of flogged him for mega dosh to Aresenal in the summer. The two central defenders would not be out of place in the Championship. The one class act they had is now looking like winning the premiership again.

Yes its tough on Ranieri but he'll have another well paid job in the summer after am extended holiday.

The mans one of the good guys, he should never have been sacked after what he achieved, he's been badly let down by one season wonders like Vardy and his mates.

But thats just football for you, and all involved will continue to earn millions and millions and the ones that are left to suffer........The supporters.

Have to disagree on this Gav. I think Leicester have one League point this calendar year and it appears he had "lost the dressing room" so I'm not sure what choice the owners had.

Yes he' s one of the good guys and yes the players are a disgrace. A presenter on Talksport Geoff Peters made the analogy that sacking him was like shooting Bambi. Last season was last season though and whilst the Premiership win should always accord him legendary status at the Club it can't affect what happens this season. If it isn't working it isn't working. I'm sure the owners didn't take the decision lightly or without a great deal of reluctance.

Dollars to donuts, the majority of Rovers fans on here would want him sacked under similar circumstances. His new signings sucked and he'd lost the dressing room. At the top level, the world of football doesn't stand still and you can't live on past glories forever (no matter how miraculous). It's not as if Leicester had just dropped into midtable, there's a real possibility of them getting relegated this season. And although they'd have the cushion of the parachute payments and stand a good chance of bouncing back, there's no guarantees. They had to do something to arrest their spectacular decline and unfortunately for Ranieri the manager is always the fall-guy. The man achieved one of the greatest shocks in English football, will have the undying gratitude and adoration from the club, and he's been handsomely rewarded for it. "Tragedy?" Do me a favour. :rolleyes: 

Lets put it this way, if Dalglish hadn't stepped down when he did and was sacked in the February after our title win I'd have been absolutely fuming, as would the vast majority of Rovers fans I believe.

But I do take the points raised above, doesn't make his sacking right though, he's a great guy and deserved better.

Come to think about it I was unhappy at his sacking from Chelsea, bromance maybe :lol:

You are only as good as your last game. Leicester have not scored a league goal in 2017. Their away record is terrible. They are the worst defending champions since 1938. His signings since winning havn't worked out. One point above the relegation places.

Whilst the players have let him down anyone playing and winning something big at sport will know it is hard to go again the season after. Their pre-season shaped their season.

Equally they still have a chance in the CL. Barca are as good as out, Munich not as good as previous years, City conceed at the back and Leicester know how to beat them. Paris look strong but the draw may help if that away goal gets them past Seville.

If it was my club i would have sacked him. As a fan I would have been 50/50. Not as big a suprise as most are making out. 

Archived