BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

My honest prediction is Birmingham draw, Forest win and we draw and go down.

We simply have to win though, it's massively unlikely that a draw is enough as the one result I can't see is Ipswich beating Forest away 

That's what I can see happening as well. I can even see Brum losing but I can also see us grinding out what turns out to be a totally useless point and Mowbray complaining afterwards we were unlucky to go down ignoring the fact that we didn't really go out and try and win any of the "must win"games against Barnsley, Bristol City, Wolves or Brentford.

Hope I'm wrong.i will certainly be going out and putting a doublei on Forest and Birmingham to win. Bound to jinx one of them!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bristol City 1 Blues 0

Brentford 2 Blackburn 0

Nottingham Forest 2 Ipswich 0

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-nottingham-forest-blackburn-12940372

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/league/predicted

The Birmingham Mail in association with Football Web Pages (me neither) have us beaten and relegated on Sunday.

They haven't reckoned with the ToMonator.

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Greetings and thanks for posting something positive.:rover:

Lets all hope Prutton has got it right!

I'm going to stay up and watch Fleetwood tonight.

Pretty sure Redknapp was Prutton's manager at Sthampton (they got relegated, and Prutton got a huge suspension).

Could be a bit of a personal grudge.

I do enjoy Prutton's analysis on Premier League games, always found him insightful (unlike most of Sky's dullards).

Just now, A cup of beans said:

Pretty sure Redknapp was Prutton's manager at Sthampton (they got relegated, and Prutton got a huge suspension).

Could be a bit of a personal grudge.

I do enjoy Prutton's analysis on Premier League games, always found him insightful (unlike most of Sky's dullards).

I've been looking to see if Lee Johnson and Harald von Redknapperschimdt had any connection:wacko:

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I've been looking to see if Lee Johnson and Harald von Redknapperschimdt had any connection:wacko:

'Arry and Babs Windsor's illegitimate dustbin lid, after he had down her Alan Whickers round the back of the old Joanna. 

Just now, toogs said:

ToMo is bad enough. ToMonator is one step too far. No. Just no. ;)

:D

If someone with the requisite 'puter skills could mock ToMo up into the ToMonator it would be much appreciated :P

We really should do T-shirts. If we don't, Primark will!

Really think we're going to get out of it, on the basis of either Forest or Brum will bottle it. 

Not great having to rely on teams being worse than you but there it is, I feel that both teams probably are. 

Forest have fluffed some right chances recently, and at the end of the season, the on paper bit goes out of the window. They lost to us but beat Reading for example - so I'm not sure Ipswich is the home banker people see it is. 

Brum - without getting into Huddersfield debate again - will struggle with a good Bristol team. They want to end well, and put the bad runs of the season further behind them. This is one team that won't be playing a weaker team or already on their holidays, which coupled with Brum's poor quality means a loss. 

As for us - cliched as it is - we have goals in us. We have lots of goals in us, and that means we can get the win needed. If you take the part of the season under Coyle out of the equation (and sadly it's a big chunk) our record is fairly decent. I think we're guaranteed at least a draw and could well win. Sure a draw really leaves us at the mercy of the Forest result, but I reckon they'll be feeling the pressure of having to get something just as much, if not more than we are. 

Let's face it staying up or not is really re-arranging the deckchairs whilst the Titanic sinks. There are much bigger issues off the field that in some respects render the result and staying up meaningless. I'm sure we'd all take relegation IF it meant Venkys bogged off, so relegation could leave us wierdly in a better position. Sadly we can't tell the future on that but one thing we can say for certain is whether we're in league 1 or the championship the destruction and dismantling of Rovers by the Loons is still going to continue.

So yeah, who knows. There's a chance we'll be in the 3rd Division for the first time in my time of 25ish years of supporting Rovers. And strangely enough I'm a little more apathetic than I thought to the situation, and even worse my focus and concerns about Rovers don't at all lie with what division we are in. Never thought I'd be thinking this way. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

Really think we're going to get out of it, on the basis of either Forest or Brum will bottle it. 

Not great having to rely on teams being worse than you but there it is, I feel that both teams probably are. 

Forest have fluffed some right chances recently, and at the end of the season, the on paper bit goes out of the window. They lost to us but beat Reading for example - so I'm not sure Ipswich is the home banker people see it is. 

Brum - without getting into Huddersfield debate again - will struggle with a good Bristol team. They want to end well, and put the bad runs of the season further behind them. This is one team that won't be playing a weaker team or already on their holidays, which coupled with Brum's poor quality means a loss. 

As for us - cliched as it is - we have goals in us. We have lots of goals in us, and that means we can get the win needed. If you take the part of the season under Coyle out of the equation (and sadly it's a big chunk) our record is fairly decent. I think we're guaranteed at least a draw and could well win. Sure a draw really leaves us at the mercy of the Forest result, but I reckon they'll be feeling the pressure of having to get something just as much, if not more than we are. 

Let's face it staying up or not is really re-arranging the deckchairs whilst the Titanic sinks. There are much bigger issues off the field that in some respects render the result and staying up meaningless. I'm sure we'd all take relegation IF it meant Venkys bogged off, so relegation could leave us wierdly in a better position. Sadly we can't tell the future on that but one thing we can say for certain is whether we're in league 1 or the championship the destruction and dismantling of Rovers by the Loons is still going to continue.

So yeah, who knows. There's a chance we'll be in the 3rd Division for the first time in my time of 25ish years of supporting Rovers. And strangely enough I'm a little more apathetic than I thought to the situation, and even worse my focus and concerns about Rovers don't at all lie with what division we are in. Never thought I'd be thinking this way. 

Really hope you're right BB but I'm really not sure that mentally this squad's capable though when the pressure's on. IMO when push comes to shove we'll roll over. We're a team full of loanees and freebies who'll be gone in the next few days/weeks. Hope I look very silly come Sunday but I can't see any other outcome than relegation. Having said that, this league is daft and you get daft results particularly on the last day of the season. 

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Repeating what I've said on other threads to some degree but if we only draw our chances of staying up rest on Ipswich beating Forest away which seems extremely unlikely.

What we mustn't have is a repeat of the Wolves performance and we end up with Birmingham losing or drawing and us going down also drawing without mustering a worthwhile attempt on goal.

This is my fear, Mowbray's approach cannot be keep it tight and hope to nick it IMO. Go for the jugular from the start - we're going to ship goals anyway imo. 

2 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Getting nervous already!

Relegation does not bear thinking about. Catastrophic!

Please......

COYB.

Was pretty much going to post exactly the same. I'm attending on Sunday and my form with watching us live in a last-day crunch match is played one, won one, which was against Wolves on the final day under K*** when we won 3-2 - albeit with better odds than we face on Sunday. Fancy there to be a few twists and turns, but for once, I have a sneaky feeling that we may pull it off. COYB!

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I hope you are right. Reality says you will hit something with a massive thud :(

We have goals in us alright.......goals against

20 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I hope you are right. Reality says you will hit something with a massive thud :(

We have goals in us alright.......goals against

That is very true.

I think it will all depend on who scores first. If we go behind I think we will lose the little composure we possess and go down with a whimper.

However, if we manage to get in front and keep it steady at the back, I can't see Brentford being too fussed about busting a gut to win it. So we could end up with a 1 - 0 or a

1 - 1 draw maybe.    

If news comes in that Brum and Forest are matching our score and we have to really go for it then I have no idea how that will pan out ! 

Home and away league tables show it's been our away form that's been the main problem this season. Although we've done well to draw 7 we just haven't won enough games.

Barnsley is interesting: 7th in the table on away league form but near the bottom on home form. It's ridiculous that we're likely to go down while the likes Barnsley and Burton, clubs with few resources and run on a shoestring, are doing so well. 

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Have we won under Mowbray and not scored first? Think they've been all 1-0 wins.

Concede first and we're probably stuffed.

Agreed.

If Brentford score first it's off with the tv and out to find a bar I know and a woman I don't.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I'm at my mum's for her birthday so I'll probably just have a cup of tea and a sulk:mellow:

I hope your Mum has a great day and you too! :rover:

Hells Bells I just realised 7 May if my Birthday too. This means I get out lose or win.:D

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Have we won under Mowbray and not scored first? Think they've been all 1-0 wins.

Concede first and we're probably stuffed.

Yes in all of Mowbrays have been one nils with no Danny graham present bar Burton  villa and Norwich. He scored in 2 out of 3 of those.

Archived